As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Emoji Box Acting Screwy

Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dogRegistered User regular
Just started noticing this today (both Chrome and Firefox are doing it). Type :P (:P) and rather than the normal annoying box that doesn't actually contain that emoji (for some reason) popping up and then going away after hitting space, it now stays there forever. There seems to be no way to get rid of it while typing (only removing the emoji or submitting the post/otherwise leaving the edit box clears it). I imagine it happens with other emojis too (I know it does at least with :D (:D)).

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like (that box follows your cursor):
qg6xt750qop4.gif

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I can confirm that it happens to me too.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Reviving to report that this is happening to me as well. It seems to be if there is a colon anywhere in the text like so : it follows all the way through the rest of the text box:+1::+1::+1::+1:

yeah like tha:+1:

its more of a problem when responding to quote trees as there is bound to be a colon somewhere in the chai:+1:

leaving in the little buggers as an illustratio:+1:

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    seems legit. I'll file it.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I was just about to come here to report this. It happens both in Firefox and on my phone too. I guess should get with the times and use proper emoji?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    ya I just had this happen to me, put a ton of pops into my post I couldn't get rid of , gave me one everytime I hit enter

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Its filed.