As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Cabalist Tome into whatever the fuck you need on any given turn. I hope Ben Brode turns down a random alley, talks to a random prostitute, a random cop sees it, and he gets taken to a random prison. Bonus points if the judge sentences him randomly and Trolden plays epic sax over the video of his perp walk. I hope the prison menu randomly changes between all the food he hates and his cellmate randomly picks days to make him laugh for 24 hours straight, and if he fails, he gets flicked in a random testicle. I hate this man, a pox and a curse upon him, may 2 of his teeth fall out at random and hair grow in their place.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    If C'thun kills an enemy Sylvanas mid-battlecry, does the C'thun change sides mid cast and start hurting you?

I wouldn't think so since I'd expect the battlecry to finish resolving first but I've learned not to take things logically in this game.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    djFindus wrote: »
    RANK 5 GET - tempo warrior brothers can get you there

Now to play nothing but Yogg mage and enjoy the chaos

Gratz! Wich list are you running? Have seen a few different ones, just curious

hearthpwn.com/decks/521851-tempo-midrange-warrior-rank-3-legend-multiple-top

This list but Kokron elite for Harrison Jones - I only saw 2 other warriors at rank 5, one pirate, one dragon. Kokron definitely got me within lethal a few games, but if you see a lot of shamans it makes sense - most the shamans I faced were midrange-bloodlust or for aggro I was able to get enough armor on armorsmith - WW plays

I was trying this list out but don't have Varian or Malkorok. Looking in the comments, the suggested changes were Arch-Thief and Sylvannas. What do you think, should I bother without those two?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about crafting Xaril Poison Mind or Malygos

the question is miracle rogue or maly rogue. . .

Xaril is great.

Buuuut if I play journey below I have a pretty good chance at picking him up.

The more Xaril's the better.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I believe if Yogg kills Sylv he switches sides after the spell that kills her. Idk if C'Thun does though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    probably not C'thun since all the existing creatures stay at zero until the effect is done, while Yogg is basically one effect after the other and all other results occur after each effect.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Well made it to rank 20 while leveling my guys. Stuff is hard now. These basic decks don't hold a candle to people that have more card options available. Definitely learning to redo my decks with cards that have follow on effects.

Yeah, the basic sets are pretty bad but there are actually a lot of pretty decent basic cards, for Mages and priests in particular.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Aye, that's kinda key to know in a Cthun deck because sometimes you have guaranteed lethal as long as he doesn't switch sides mid-blast.

Will have to test it later with someone if no one knows.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    If C'thun kills an enemy Sylvanas mid-battlecry, does the C'thun change sides mid cast and start hurting you?

I wouldn't think so since I'd expect the battlecry to finish resolving first but I've learned not to take things logically in this game.

You are correct, this is how it works

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I'm almost positive it does not switch. enemies dont 'die' until its shot all its wad. The only thing that interrupts its effect is something like hogger, which gives it more targets to hit with subsequent hits, but hogger doesnt dissapear at zero health until all the shots have fired.

I know Yogg does however. C'Thun's battlecry is one effect, Yoggs is multiple effects.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Wouldn't Yogg Rogue be even more chaotic?

From what I can tell they can play a considerable higher number of spells than mage?
    At least, Miracle Rogue sure can, and has way better cycling to actually draw Yogg and is actually not a bad deck right now.

miracle rogue adding yogg would make it a bad deck tho :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular

I used a Sylvannas to steal a C'Thun after he killed her with his battlecry. The battlecry resolved fully and then he switched sides.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    @ToyD if you are looking for some crafted decks for new players there are a bunch of lists out there.

Here's one: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/352542-trumps-basic-mage-level-10 . It's six months old but it would still be pretty effective, I think.

As you get more cards you can start to sub in straight up improvements (e.g., replacing raptor with Cult Sorcerer).

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

This list but Kokron elite for Harrison Jones - I only saw 2 other warriors at rank 5, one pirate, one dragon. Kokron definitely got me within lethal a few games, but if you see a lot of shamans it makes sense - most the shamans I faced were midrange-bloodlust or for aggro I was able to get enough armor on armorsmith - WW plays

I was trying this list out but don't have Varian or Malkorok. Looking in the comments, the suggested changes were Arch-Thief and Sylvannas. What do you think, should I bother without those two?

Varian I can see living without and using Rafaam in his place. I have no idea how you sub out Malkorok.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Idx86 wrote: »

Varian I can see living without and using Rafaam in his place. I have no idea how you sub out Malkorok.

Poorly apparently. 1-4 with the changes I made. Well, I just got a 5 win Shaman deck so I'll guess I'll switch to aggro for a while.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Malkorok is a really good Tempo play. I can't think of another good card to put in for a Tempo Warrior.

yogg only swaps with sylvanas because the hearthstone stack does not allow his spells to resolve simultaneously

it's the only Battlecry that continues to add to the stack

liEt3nH.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Just beat a priest as N'zoth paladin by... not playing a single minion worth entombing (Sylvanas, Cairne, Tirion etc) all game and just flooding him with Justicar hero power.

That's what you get for being greedy, son

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    so many warriors at ranks 1 and 2. And shaman. Warriors and shaman as far as the eye can see.

Probably time to start swapping in some swamp oozes. If you break the warriors weapon so he can't kill trogg, the games basically just over.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    So this is probably a stupid idea, but if you run Sylvanas instead of Malkorok in Tempo Warrior, would it be an idea to switch in N'Zoth instead of Varian?

I mean you're running both Cairne and Sylvanas, if you get either of those on the battlecry that's pretty good value.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular

There both strong value, they'll will both just be a little bit more control oriented, but against a full control deck you still won't be able to keep up. I'll draw through my whole deck against a control deck and can hopefully pull off lethal typically. Ideally varian and malkorok do something the turn they are played, malkorok gives you a weapon which can be a huge burst and your looking for varian to pull kokron elite, rags, or grommash

PSN SeGaTai
    So this is probably a stupid idea, but if you run Sylvanas instead of Malkorok in Tempo Warrior, would it be an idea to switch in N'Zoth instead of Varian?

I mean you're running both Cairne and Sylvanas, if you get either of those on the battlecry that's pretty good value.

Makes you a lot weaker to priest since they will just emote 'thanks' and entomb

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Just beat a priest as N'zoth paladin by... not playing a single minion worth entombing (Sylvanas, Cairne, Tirion etc) all game and just flooding him with Justicar hero power.

That's what you get for being greedy, son

I don't think I've ever beaten Paladin as a Priest (dragon or control) after he has put down Justicar. I'm pretty sure once that hero power starts pumping out two 1/1's per turn (provided the game state is stable), the Priest has lost.

Also, as a Priest and you're up against N'zoth Paladin, you have to save your entombs for Tirion or Cairne; it's not really a question of being greedy, it's a question of whether you want to lose.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    @GoodKingJayIII thanks! Probably the biggest hurdle I've been dealing with in my research and learning is that the old gods change to standard decks has really altered a lot of stuff apparently. I happened to come in right when it's all in flux and a lot of the learning and coaching tutorials were done with things that I can't get or were nerfed or something. I appreciate the link! Finding resources is part of the challenge!

steam_sig.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I just played a tempo mage running Servant of Yogg-Saron... and it was really good for him? He dropped his first and it cast Solemn Vigil, and drew into the second who cast Hammer of Wrath, breaking the divine shield on one of my guys. It didn't win him the game, but he was already ahead so it definitely helped him clinch it.

When I run that card it just kills itself.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Well made it to rank 20 while leveling my guys. Stuff is hard now. These basic decks don't hold a candle to people that have more card options available. Definitely learning to redo my decks with cards that have follow on effects.

Some classes are much more reliant on cards you get from packs than others. It's notoriously hard to make a competent Rogue, Druid, Warrior, or Shaman deck from basic and a few classic cards.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular

Poorly apparently. 1-4 with the changes I made. Well, I just got a 5 win Shaman deck so I'll guess I'll switch to aggro for a while.

I disagree hard btw. Malkorok can easily be replaced by Sylv, varian is essentially irreplaceable. Sjow only got away with running rafaam because he was playing in the top of the legend ladder which is a very slow meta compared to below legend.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Brawl is pick 2 cards and Hearthstone fills your deck with them.

I ran Webspinner and Bear Trap. Thinking of changing the trap to Explosive or maybe Kill Command.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

I disagree hard btw. Malkorok can easily be replaced by Sylv, varian is essentially irreplaceable. Sjow only got away with running rafaam because he was playing in the top of the legend ladder which is a very slow meta compared to below legend.

I swapped in Ysera instead of Varian. Has done OK but Im still hoovering around 10 so

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I ran Webspinner and Bear Trap. Thinking of changing the trap to Explosive or maybe Kill Command.

Pretty interesting Brawl. My first try: Flamewaker/Cabalist's Tome

I just played a tempo mage running Servant of Yogg-Saron... and it was really good for him? He dropped his first and it cast Solemn Vigil, and drew into the second who cast Hammer of Wrath, breaking the divine shield on one of my guys. It didn't win him the game, but he was already ahead so it definitely helped him clinch it.

When I run that card it just kills itself.

it's a very high variance card, kind of higher even than yogg

liEt3nH.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    My N'Zoth Rogue got a Servant of Yogg once from a Huckster.

It cast Bolster.

Thanks....? I guess? Could've been worse????

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Tempo warrior. Don't have Malkorok, don't want to craft him. What's a decent sub?

Geddon? Gorehowl?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

Pretty interesting Brawl. My first try: Flamewaker/Cabalist's Tome

pfft, easy mode.

True players pick Deathwing and Deathwing.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile

If I'm gonna run Cairne and Sylvannas, I may as well play N'Zoth Paladin. :(

There both strong value, they'll will both just be a little bit more control oriented, but against a full control deck you still won't be able to keep up. I'll draw through my whole deck against a control deck and can hopefully pull off lethal typically. Ideally varian and malkorok do something the turn they are played, malkorok gives you a weapon which can be a huge burst and your looking for varian to pull kokron elite, rags, or grommash

I figured as much. Thanks for the response. I'll probably shelf Tempo Warrior until I open either Legendary (which will probably be never).

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Tempo warrior. Don't have Malkorok, don't want to craft him. What's a decent sub?

Geddon? Gorehowl?

Gorehowl is probably the best vs control, Geddon vs aggro

• JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    So Fiery War Axe and Heroic Strike are pretty good in this brawl.

Got nothing on Living Roots + Power of the Wild Though

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Damn someone on reddit mentioned it was wild and suggested Innervate/Loatheb. That seems busted.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    This is how real men tavern brawl

4tmIsba.jpg

• KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I did Sinister Strike + Edwin. It worked well enough to get my pack. And of course my pack had Arcane Golem in it one day after I don't get full dust. :(

Kolosus on
This discussion has been closed.