As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I did Raven Idol and Tomb Spider. Had Yogg queued up for my next turn but my opponent conceded. :(

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    ice block + fireball ?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    dYhbhMc.jpg

• Options
    lol naturalize + coldlight oracle

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So far I have run against:

Mana Wyrmn & Unstavle Portal
    2 +2 Attack/+2 Armor Druid
    0 cost summon tentacles & The card that gets + Attack with every minion cast
    Muster for battle and the secret that gives +1/+1 beginning of your turn.

I was running dual mind vision priest to see what everyone else was trying out.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Damn someone on reddit mentioned it was wild and suggested Innervate/Loatheb. That seems busted.

ys5zwrkkzc8y.png

Can confirm it's completely busted.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    mind blast and gnomish inventor

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I have a feeling this Brawl is going to provide a ton of fun screenshots.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Brave Archer + Arcane Shot for hunter is pretty sick

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Viodwalker and Demonfire.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Amnesiac is running like... a mill Priest deck. It's intriguing.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    i went humilty and truesilver champ. worked well enough to win. loatheb and innervate is nuts though.

Ketherial on
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

can you screenshot the list?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Ohh.. got a second Twisting Nether from the brawl pack.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    feel like abusive sarge and that 4/4 who gives 2 attack would work well with mage

• Options
    edited May 2016
    imdointhis wrote: »

It's a tournament, they aren't showing the list. It worked really well vs a Priest (the other Priest had a Northshire Cleric up, and Amnesiac used Pyromancer + 4 minions on the board + double Circle of Healing to burn a bunch of cards). He's been able to burn several of this Paladin's cards too. Maybe they'll put the list up after.

Edit: With this current match, he got out a turn of Thaurissan to reduce Velen and two mind blasts. Which basically means he just needs to do 5 more damage to get his opponent to 20 and then he wins :P

Edit2: lol nevermind, he topdecked Flash Heal. He didn't have Auchenai, but he's running that 2-mana spell with the Auchenai effect. Velen + double mindblast + Flash Heal with that spell for OTK.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I have enough dust for a Legendary again. I want to craft Yogg so bad but I am still missing Sylvanas and Thalnos. I should probably just craft Thalnos. :(

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Fun brawl. Mana Wyrm + Flame Cannon made short work of it. I'm glad I didn't run up against Innervate + Loatheb though. That's just mean.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Mechwarper and Gorilliabot is a nice combo too

edit: Then I lose to soulfire/Fist of Jaraxxus

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm doing Innervate Y'Shaarj because I find that shit hilarious.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

is it better or worse than astral communion y'sharrj

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Why not Shiv + Concentration?

With hero power it might mean victory on turn 2-3?

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Oooohh that might actually be better.

• Options
    imdointhis wrote: »

It's a tournament, they aren't showing the list. It worked really well vs a Priest (the other Priest had a Northshire Cleric up, and Amnesiac used Pyromancer + 4 minions on the board + double Circle of Healing to burn a bunch of cards). He's been able to burn several of this Paladin's cards too. Maybe they'll put the list up after.

Edit: With this current match, he got out a turn of Thaurissan to reduce Velen and two mind blasts. Which basically means he just needs to do 5 more damage to get his opponent to 20 and then he wins :P

Edit2: lol nevermind, he topdecked Flash Heal. He didn't have Auchenai, but he's running that 2-mana spell with the Auchenai effect. Velen + double mindblast + Flash Heal with that spell for OTK.

For his next deck, he's got a Warrior deck. Which initially (and from his opponent's perspective) looks control-y. JK it's actually worgan (the one with enrage+windfury) + charge + attack buffs + Faceless Manipulator

Apparently Amnesiac is just a troll :P. I hope it works!

Steam profile
  • Options
    Turns out getting a pair of 10/10s that summon additional 10/10s on turn 2 causes most people to concede!

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I went 5-2 with Innervate + Loatheb in about 20 minutes.

In three of those wins, my opponent conceded after my first turn.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Turns out getting a pair of 10/10s that summon additional 10/10s on turn 2 causes most people to concede!

How?

Steam profile
  • Options

Oooohh that might actually be better.

cuz i'm thinking innervate y'sharrj obviously can start faster, theoretically, but feels more susceptible to bad opening hands

whereas astral communion is slower and thus softer to aggro, but could possibly be more reliable in the long run

ofc it'll likely depend more on meta

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

How?

Innervate, Y'Shaarj. I've consistently had 4 Innervates + Y'Shaarj on turn 2, and if your deck is 15 Innervates and 15 Y'Shaarj's, Y'Shaarj will just summon more Y'Shaarj's, which will summon more Y'Shaarj's, etc.

• Options

How?

it's like you don't even read eclipse's other posts kime!!!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    MMMig wrote: »
    If C'thun kills an enemy Sylvanas mid-battlecry, does the C'thun change sides mid cast and start hurting you?

I wouldn't think so since I'd expect the battlecry to finish resolving first but I've learned not to take things logically in this game.

The battlecry is one spell, so it resolves. Yogg on the other hand--someone posted a video earlier of Yogg killing Sylvanas. All the spells after that were from the other side...I was very surprised (since that's not how it works if Yogg dies)

MadPen on
    3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Amnesiac just pulled off the Worgen combo deck in a competition. That takes some guts.

• Options
    my humility + truesilver would own yshaarj

• Options

How?

it's like you don't even read eclipse's other posts kime!!!

Ohhhhhhh. I was mixing up the stats of Y'sharj and Yogg. I was like, "but you're only getting out 7/5's where do the other stats come from!?!?"

I get it. I'm smart.

In other news, Amnesiac lost a 1/4 Brawl (4 1/1 recruits and Rag, but the Rag lived). He didn't care, went on to OTK his opponent after drawing his last card, an Inner Rage, to complete the combo :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Why not Shiv + Concentration?

With hero power it might mean victory on turn 2-3?

you need to deal 30 damage, not 15, dear

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UkASkCe.png

Seems strong.
    Ketherial wrote: »
    my humility + truesilver would own yshaarj

You can't even start dealing damage to me until turn 4, and you deal 4 damage a turn. By that point I'll have a full board of Y'Shaarj. Even if each of them has 1 attack, I'm doing more each turn than you are.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    People used to talk about a deck of 30 leper gnomes, but now we'll never know since they nerfed it!

Next time Blizzard do this but also start with 10 mana so I can torture someone with 15 Tree of Lifes.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Esit: Bah bad code.

So my brawl pack gave me a Malygos. Maybe I'll have a decent dragon deck someday.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The only thing I really don't like about the Old gods is the value, and number, of the epics you need.
    From TGT you needed maybe...one pair of epics at most for any given deck? Not a whole lot anyway. The strength was in the quality rares and commons.

For WotOG decks it seems like you need 3+ pairs of epics for any given deck except new-Zoo and some of the new Shaman archetypes where you only need one pair of epics and a few old legendaries.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    People have already started running Naturalize to counter the super Y'Shaarj opening! Horror of horrors!

This discussion has been closed.