As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Great, now all mill decks are thanking after you concede. How wonderous!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    @Sensational is a scrub

j/k should have said something earlier - would have given you the bump

PSN SeGaTai
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    That was a quick pack.

First opponent on their turn plays: Coin, Innervate x4, Y'Shaarj. Summons a Y'Shaarj at the end of turn (obviously)

I Naturalize them both.

They concede.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The trick to this brawl is to switch to using the deck that last beat you.

To that end, Murlock Tidecaller and Grimscale Oracle is pretty nasty if you get 3 or so Tidecallers down before playing any Oracles.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    i have not lost a single game with azure drake + alextrazas champion as warrior

2 mana 3/3 with charge is op

J3qcnBP.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

You'd lose to ice block + anything.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Has...has it finally happened? Is there finally a Brawl that everyone enjoys?!
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    another dumb brawl

druid will be every other deck come tomorrow

Nope.

:(

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

You'd lose to ice block + anything.

I was about to say Ice Block and Molten Giant.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Mechwarper+anything is so fucking stupid.

• MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    @Shen

I take back everything I said about druid

All of it

Even you, Fandral...even you can't save this class from gettin dumped on by the circus of valuestone

*cries, queues up rogue*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mechwarper and Metaltooth Leaper is my current flavour of bullshit in this Tavern Brawl.

• FlailingElbowsFlailingElbows Registered User regular
    So I'm just gonna leave this here because I haven't seen anyone post it yet, so as far as I'm concerned I created it!

Living Roots + Power of the Wild. It's undefeated and lol-worthy.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Mechwarper and Metaltooth Leaper is my current flavour of bullshit in this Tavern Brawl.

I literally dusted Metaltooth Leaper yesterday since I don't play much wild and I never used it anyway.

I am error.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    So. I enjoy playing the deck I made for constructed. I know it's not great. It will never be great, but I don't have the skill to get higher than like rank 15 anyway, so that doesn't really matter. I WOULD like to try and make the deck a bit better though. It's a C'thun Rogue deck. my biggest bane is aggro, but I'm not really sure how to make it better against aggro.
    DchGzOD.png

The taunts are basically just for that, but I dunno. They don't seem to be helping too much.

I think you can make a tighter deck than this - Rogue card quality isn't so high that you can run Reno, and C'Thun isn't the biggest fan of singletons.

2 Backstab
    1 Preparation*
    2 Shadowstep
    2 Eviscerate
    2 Sap*
    2 Beckoner of Evil
    1 Brann Bronzebeard
    2 Disciple of C'Thun
    2 Earthen Ring Farseer
    2 SI:7 Agent
    2 C'Thun's Chosen
    2 Refreshment Vendor*
    2 Dark Iron Skulker
    2 Shadowcaster*
    1 Sprint*
    1 Twin Emperor Vek'lor
    1 Blade of C'Thun
    1 C'Thun

Sap is a great early tool for Flamewreathed, until you can bring out Blade. Skulker doesn't fully clear the board - sprint might be better replaced with Fan of Knives. If you don't have Vek'lor, Defender of Argus is a good fit. If you don't have Shadowcasters, another Prep and more draw is good (Azure Drake/Thalnos). If you don't have Prep, definitely lose Sprint for Azure Drakes and Fan of Knives. I'm sure Xaril is rad, fit him in if you can. A second Refreshment Vendor might be overkill if you aren't using weapons as removal. If you can, save Shadowstep for Brann and C'Thun, but don't be greedy about it - Brann is a colossal force multiplier in this deck and you might just need him for the heals/big taunts/free dudes/board clear.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Well made it to rank 20 while leveling my guys. Stuff is hard now. These basic decks don't hold a candle to people that have more card options available. Definitely learning to redo my decks with cards that have follow on effects.

@ToyD

it is really really really hard.

you can run warlock zoo for basically free though. it takes a while but you do slowly begin to build better and better decks if you're not into spending $$$$ to be competitive at first.

steam_sig.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I guess I needed to queue right as it opened because I can't even have fun now when every game is turn 3 mechwarper lol gg.

edited May 2016
    Playing miracle rogue. Clear board on turn 3 and smooth sailing with coin in my hand. My next cards are

Prep, cold blood, prep, cold blood, conceal, conceal

:+1:

then of course next game I have both auctioneers in my opening hand. The urge to not mulligan them was so strong.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • FlailingElbowsFlailingElbows Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So I'm just gonna leave this here because I haven't seen anyone post it yet, so as far as I'm concerned I created it!

Does not work against Mage: Magic Missile and Mana Wyrm lol.

Edit: If you go first.

FlailingElbows on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

Yeah I ran this myself earlier today too! It's really fun.

I NEARLY lost to an Ice Block/Fireball Mage. I popped his Block early on, but he kept replaying it, turn after turn. I kept buffing my board, just in case.

Eventually, he ran out of Ice Blocks and only had Fireballs in his hand. :+1:

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited May 2016
    Wow. Just got beat by a murloc paladin in 5 turns.

If Vilefine Inquisitor didn't make such a cute noise when he summoned i'd be really upset.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh riiight. Refreshment vendor is still a card.

I'll have to work for some of those cards, because I don't actually have...pretty much any TGT cards. I kinda fell out of caring for the game when that came out. But I completely forgot about brann. I was in the middle of doing the league adventure, so that's my top priority right now.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Just saw Primal Fusion in a Hearthstone tournament for the first time. Huh, forgot that card existed.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

I literally dusted Metaltooth Leaper yesterday since I don't play much wild and I never used it anyway.

I am error.

While it gets an impressive turn, it's pretty slow as far as low cost minion beatdown decks go in this brawl.

If Vilefine Inquisitor didn't make such a cute noise when he summoned i'd be really upset.

That's actually pretty slow for a murloc deck. I've been averaging turn 3 or 4 kills using the Tidecaller focused approach.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    Someone posted a video yesterday about a streamer using Evolve when he had Pyromancer out, and it killed all his minions before evolving the one survivor.

Why did that happen? Normally the spell resolves first, then the Pyromancer thingie goes off (for example, you can PW: S a 1 health Pyromancer and it survives).

Steam profile
    edited May 2016
    So Power Word:Shield and Wild Pyromancer...

Edit: It can beat the MechWarper combos but gets countered by the Druid Innervate combo with Lotheb/Y'Shaarj.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    For mechwarper shennaigans I'm personally using MW + Psych-o-tron. That's been a good counter to mill druid so far.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png

Well since it looks like getting beat in an amazingly short time is my theme for today.

Mechwarper + Iron Sensei absolutely destroys this brawl.

steam_sig.png
    Betsuni wrote: »

Is very bad vs. Mill Druid. And there's a lot of them about.

Betsuni wrote: »

Is very bad vs. Mill Druid. And there's a lot of them about.

Ok and I'll add that to the list. Scratching that build.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited May 2016
    kime wrote: »
    Someone posted a video yesterday about a streamer using Evolve when he had Pyromancer out, and it killed all his minions before evolving the one survivor.

Why did that happen? Normally the spell resolves first, then the Pyromancer thingie goes off (for example, you can PW: S a 1 health Pyromancer and it survives).

are you talking about forsen?

In that sequence he had played a tentacle, so when he did coin, pyro blew up the tentacle. The one card left had one hp, tentacle deathrattle dealt it one damage to destroy it clearing board, THEN evolve was played with no minions on board.

Jakarrd on

76561197990097905.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular

They changed the resolution order when WotOG came out. And no they did not bother letting us know with a patch note or anything.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Auto-Barber and Deadly Poison was an interesting one I saw earlier.

Wow.

They're just conceding as soon as I drop the 3 mechwarpers and 2 Senseis on turn 3.

Jakarrd wrote: »

are you talking about forsen?

In that sequence he had played a tentacle, so when he did coin, pyro blew up the tentacle. The one card left had one hp, tentacle deathrattle dealt it one damage to destroy it clearing board, THEN evolve was played with no minions on board.

Ohhhhhh I missed the Coin my first time around! That makes sense, thanks!
    Yilias wrote: »

They changed the resolution order when WotOG came out. And no they did not bother letting us know with a patch note or anything.

This is true, but not the cause of what I was remembering, which is what Jakarrd said. Video here if you're curious: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/35111314/#Comment_35111314

Steam profile

Wow.

They're just conceding as soon as I drop the 3 mechwarpers and 2 Senseis on turn 3.

Regrettably I do not have either card.

but uh I think you can farm a whole heck of a lot of gold with that setup.

steam_sig.png
    Hell I might craft them.

steam_sig.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

No, they said they fixed that, I think. Forsen was a dumbass and coined with Pyromancer out (at 1 health) before evolving.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    heenato wrote: »
    So. I enjoy playing the deck I made for constructed. I know it's not great. It will never be great, but I don't have the skill to get higher than like rank 15 anyway, so that doesn't really matter. I WOULD like to try and make the deck a bit better though. It's a C'thun Rogue deck. my biggest bane is aggro, but I'm not really sure how to make it better against aggro.
    DchGzOD.png

The taunts are basically just for that, but I dunno. They don't seem to be helping too much.

I'd agree with the more radical advice you got that Reno is...tough. The curve of your deck is kind of on the high side, too, so if you don't draw reno you're prettty screwed. And your C'Thun just isn't likely to be all that strong by the time you play him. Shadowstep helps, if it's in your hand...

But less radical advice that keeps the idea of the deck...
    Against serious aggro you need fan of knives. Argent commander looks iffy in this deck, to me. Loot hoarder is very bad against aggro. It's hard to have too much draw, but you probably have too much draw, too. I'd put in Acidic Ooze. Aaand, I'd cut gnomish inventor for Azure Drake. Aaaand, I might try to run Thalnos, too. You have enough damage spells to make it worthwhile.

Sooo..
    +Fan of Knives -Argent Commander (or something else if you really like him)--this'd also drop your curve a bit
    -Loot Hoarder +Acidic Ooze
    -Gnomish Inventor +Azure Drake
    +Thalnos -Grizzly maybe?
    I'd probably also cut Execute for BGH if you have it. Tough call. Leaves you helpless against Ysera, but a substantial improvement in most other matchups.

edit: I think Kobold Geomancer might be better for you than Thalnos, actually.

MadPen on
    3DS: 4098-4243-6127
    Hell I might craft them.

Goes fine until you come up against a mage with Ice Block + Ice Lance (or whatever).

Most boring game ever.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Coinage wrote: »
    Mechwarper+anything is so fucking stupid.

POWERING UP PORTALS ONPOWERING UP PORTALS ONPOWERING UP PORTALS ONLINE

Beasteh on
This discussion has been closed.