As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Yeah, so that's 30 gold in about 20 minutes with the Mech Warper/Iron Sensei deck.

I'm going to be swimming in gold like Scrooge McDuck by the end of this brawl.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Opponent plays N'zoth and fills his board

I slam down Yogg who proceeds to fill my board with Wisps and then plays DOOM!

Thanks guy!

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Mind Vision and Mind Blast.

Use their strategy against them, and hit them in the face for 5.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Yeah whatever critical thinking ability is required to create decks for this brawl I am surely deficient in.

So far i'm like 0-7 with the things i've tried off the top of my head.

steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »
    So. I enjoy playing the deck I made for constructed. I know it's not great. It will never be great, but I don't have the skill to get higher than like rank 15 anyway, so that doesn't really matter. I WOULD like to try and make the deck a bit better though. It's a C'thun Rogue deck. my biggest bane is aggro, but I'm not really sure how to make it better against aggro.
    DchGzOD.png

The taunts are basically just for that, but I dunno. They don't seem to be helping too much.

I'd agree with the more radical advice you got that Reno is...tough. The curve of your deck is kind of on the high side, too, so if you don't draw reno you're prettty screwed. And your C'Thun just isn't likely to be all that strong by the time you play him. Shadowstep helps, if it's in your hand...

But less radical advice that keeps the idea of the deck...
    Against serious aggro you need fan of knives. Argent commander looks iffy in this deck, to me. Loot hoarder is very bad against aggro. It's hard to have too much draw, but you probably have too much draw, too. I'd put in Acidic Ooze. Aaand, I'd cut gnomish inventor for Azure Drake. Aaaand, I might try to run Thalnos, too. You have enough damage spells to make it worthwhile.

Sooo..
    +Fan of Knives -Argent Commander (or something else if you really like him)--this'd also drop your curve a bit
    -Loot Hoarder +Acidic Ooze
    -Gnomish Inventor +Azure Drake
    +Thalnos -Grizzly maybe?
    I'd probably also cut Execute for BGH if you have it. Tough call. Leaves you helpless against Ysera, but a substantial improvement in most other matchups.

edit: I think Kobold Geomancer might be better for you than Thalnos, actually.
    Yeah. thinking back on it, I fell into the trap of editing the deck before getting a good sample size of matches. I had like 3 matches in a row where I was just getting all the things I didn't need, so I added more card draw than I already had. I had a few matches where I just got ruined by aggro, so I added the taunts (which didn't really help anyway) I had a few matches where It was a war of attrition, so I reconfigured the deck for Reno, since I don't have much in the way of good heals. So basically my takeaway from this so far is "Yo...you don't know it's broken yet. Don't fix it"

M A G I K A Z A M
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm loving this tavern brawl, honestly.

Games are short and fun. Some decks are pretty clever, too.

• MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    So. I enjoy playing the deck I made for constructed. I know it's not great. It will never be great, but I don't have the skill to get higher than like rank 15 anyway, so that doesn't really matter. I WOULD like to try and make the deck a bit better though. It's a C'thun Rogue deck. my biggest bane is aggro, but I'm not really sure how to make it better against aggro.
    DchGzOD.png

The taunts are basically just for that, but I dunno. They don't seem to be helping too much.

I'd agree with the more radical advice you got that Reno is...tough. The curve of your deck is kind of on the high side, too, so if you don't draw reno you're prettty screwed. And your C'Thun just isn't likely to be all that strong by the time you play him. Shadowstep helps, if it's in your hand...

But less radical advice that keeps the idea of the deck...
    Against serious aggro you need fan of knives. Argent commander looks iffy in this deck, to me. Loot hoarder is very bad against aggro. It's hard to have too much draw, but you probably have too much draw, too. I'd put in Acidic Ooze. Aaand, I'd cut gnomish inventor for Azure Drake. Aaaand, I might try to run Thalnos, too. You have enough damage spells to make it worthwhile.

Sooo..
    +Fan of Knives -Argent Commander (or something else if you really like him)--this'd also drop your curve a bit
    -Loot Hoarder +Acidic Ooze
    -Gnomish Inventor +Azure Drake
    +Thalnos -Grizzly maybe?
    I'd probably also cut Execute for BGH if you have it. Tough call. Leaves you helpless against Ysera, but a substantial improvement in most other matchups.

edit: I think Kobold Geomancer might be better for you than Thalnos, actually.
    Yeah. thinking back on it, I fell into the trap of editing the deck before getting a good sample size of matches. I had like 3 matches in a row where I was just getting all the things I didn't need, so I added more card draw than I already had. I had a few matches where I just got ruined by aggro, so I added the taunts (which didn't really help anyway) I had a few matches where It was a war of attrition, so I reconfigured the deck for Reno, since I don't have much in the way of good heals. So basically my takeaway from this so far is "Yo...you don't know it's broken yet. Don't fix it"

One of the tricky things with Reno decks is that the whole 1-of thing means you need draw to get the cards you need, but the average cost of the cards being a little higher means you don't really want draw in terms of card count (that's how you die with 8 cards in your hand). I think it's typically solved by running comparable cards. Like...you could run BGH AND Execute if you want to make sure you draw something to deal with big threats. It's a tough proposition for rogue in general, though. Which is too bad given how often rogues have to clear minions with their face.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Alright, Flash Heal + Mind Blast failed horrendously against alarm-o-ancient-one warrior.

I thought Thalnos + Mind Blast was screwed against my next opponent, Eye for an Eye + Forbidden Healing, until I realized I just had to spam Thalnoses on the board until I could OTK him, which I did on turn 8 with 4 8-damage Blasts.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Innervate Yogg is super fun in this brawl. :D

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Soulfire + Curse of Rafaam is pretty funny (loses to MechWarper though).

aF9qQNpl.jpg

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    24R0exAh.jpg
    I'm sorry.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

It could be worse. At least you'll let him attack with them!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »

Coinage has lethal with those roaring torches... so no he won't get to attack.

Unless Coinage goes for the ultimate BM by Ice Blocking through another couple of turns.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Unless Coinage goes for the ultimate BM by Ice Blocking through another couple of turns.

I mean.... why wouldn't he? :P

But anyways, they got to attack last turn it looks like, so that counts!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Q1xUasbl.jpg

Oh, you think Ice Block is going to save you?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Yeah whatever critical thinking ability is required to create decks for this brawl I am surely deficient in.

So far i'm like 0-7 with the things i've tried off the top of my head.

What have you tried so far? I've gone thru the druid mill variations, upgrade+heroic strike and taunt+bolster warrior, trogg + lightning storm/trogg+crackle/trogg+totem golem shaman, ice block+fireball mage, ele destruction + hallazeal (very slow), astral communion + deathwing, starving buzzard + wolf / brave archer+leper Hunter, leper + Poweroverwhelming warlock...

You should try the leper PO lock and see what you think.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

He did get to attack, I'm at such high health because he popped 3 blocks with the ancient one.

Coinage on
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    Snowchugger + Goblin Blastmage is pretty fun.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Soulfire + First of Jaraxxus. Ez Pz.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Yeah, so that's 30 gold in about 20 minutes with the Mech Warper/Iron Sensei deck.

I'm going to be swimming in gold like Scrooge McDuck by the end of this brawl.

Yeah I just pulled in 50 gold in about 45 minutes or so.

steam_sig.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    darkshire librarian and fist of jaraxxus may not be the best deck, but the cycling was very amusing

liEt3nH.png
    warlock forbidden ritual + power overwhelming isn't bad. Most don't clear board till its too late. XD

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    oh whoops

"you have already earned 100 gold today"

Blizzard please ;-;

steam_sig.png
    I wonder how Grim Patron + Whirlwind would fare?

edited May 2016
    oh whoops

Blizzard please ;-;

Nothing to stop you earning 100 gold tomorrow, and the day after all the way up until last brawl day.

Should be 4-5 packs worth (on top of your dailies) which will be awesome for you.

Muffinatron on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Probably too slow since it doesn't really get on the board until turn 6.

On the other hand, going Mage + MIrror Image + Knife juggler is like a lesser flamewaker play.

76561197990097905.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Sinister Strike + Eviscerate.

Screw being clever.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I'm having trouble mulliganing against paladin and warlock. They either are the slowest decks (deathrattle or handlock) or the fastest (zoo and divine shield aggro). Is there anything to do other than pray? Or go for a mediocre hand against either and hope to draw the right part of your deck?

sanstodo wrote: »
    I'm having trouble mulliganing against paladin and warlock. They either are the slowest decks (deathrattle or handlock) or the fastest (zoo and divine shield aggro). Is there anything to do other than pray? Or go for a mediocre hand against either and hope to draw the right part of your deck?

I look at how many cards they're mulliganing back as an indication.

In my experience less cards tossed back usually means Aggro.

I could be completely wrong though.

Mulligan for fast decks because you'll have less draw steps to fix your draw if you mulligan for slow decks and are wrong.

liEt3nH.png
    oh whoops

Blizzard please ;-;

Nothing to stop you earning 100 gold tomorrow, and the day after all the way up until last brawl day.

Should be 4-5 packs worth (on top of your dailies) which will be awesome for you.

yeah i'm thinking I might get the first wing of league of explorers for free dollars this weekend

but alternatively am i screwing myself out of a discount since I won't be able to buy the whole thing anymore?

steam_sig.png
    3clipse wrote: »

Probably too slow since it doesn't really get on the board until turn 6.

Well, it just beat a Mech Hunter. He dumped his hand on Turn 2, gave me a " Well Played", and then I played Whirlwind x3.

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular

Mulligan for fast decks because you'll have less draw steps to fix your draw if you mulligan for slow decks and are wrong.

I've tried that but it's tricky because the slower matchups require value. So a turn 6 Justicar could be the difference between life and death in fatigue since the incremental value is huge.

The meta near the top is definitely slower but I lose just enough to the aggro decks out there that mulligans are the difference between 45-50% win rates and 55% win rates.

I appreciate the advice though. I'll try it out and see how it goes.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    oh god worst brawl deck

Ice Block + Frostbolt

once it gets enough mana from Ice block you can't kill em

Has anyone tried Mechwarper + Mechano Enhanco? That should be a fun surprise!

76561197990097905.png
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Mechwarper + Mechano Enhanco? That should be a fun surprise!

this was my initial mechwarper idea but then i said "WAIT FUCK I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO PLAY IRON SENSEI"

liEt3nH.png
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    This brawl was probably a lot of fun for, like, thirty minutes. But by now it's basically:

Ice Block beats everything except mill.
    Mechwarper beats everything except Ice Block.

What's the point?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Oh, that's a new one. Druid playing the oracle murloc that gives +1 attack for each murloc on the field and also using Savage Roar.

76561197990097905.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    This brawl is fine I guess. It was definitely novel at the outset but now I am just seeing a lot of the same dumb decks and it's basically boiled down to:

"Is the thing that I am doing more broken than the thing the other guy is doing? If so, I win."

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
This discussion has been closed.