As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    He left while wearing the device he was wearing in Supergirl and was freaking out about how long he was gone and the creators of the show have said it is most definitely canon

It is super pedantic

I like that you put the one fact that actually makes it canon at the end of the list.

But yeah if they say it is, then sure.
    I just don't see why you would ever think it isn't

It was hyped as a big crossover and Flash had previously seen Supergirl when getting glimpses from the Speed Force

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Wow that cameo.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Because (far as I remember) he's never ever mentioned meeting Supergirl to anyone back home, is why. That's literally it, really.

Barry's obviously canon in supergirl's universe, but if her existence is never even so much as referenced in his it doesn't really feel like Arrowverse canon to me.
    Flash had previously seen Supergirl when getting glimpses from the Speed Force

Oh cool, when was this?

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options

Because (far as I remember) he's never ever mentioned meeting Supergirl to anyone back home, is why. That's literally it, really.

Barry's obviously canon in supergirl's universe, but if she's never even so much as mentioned in his it doesn't really feel like Arrowverse canon to me.

Oh cool, when was this?
    I think end of Season One?

Or sometime this season, a Legion of Superheroes flight ring was also shown

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Huh. Right on.

Also, the current ep is pretty neat so far.

• Options
    Oh wait I am pretty sure it was when they went to Earth-2

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

Barry's obviously canon in supergirl's universe, but if she's never even so much as mentioned in his it doesn't really feel like Arrowverse canon to me.

Oh cool, when was this?
    I think end of Season One?

Or sometime this season, a Legion of Superheroes flight ring was also shown

It's during the trip to Earth 2, there are a bunch of little clips there similar to the end of series one.

Found a low quality clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iRyTWLy4l4

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Supergirl is not Arrowverse because Barry specifically had to travel to a parallel universe to meet her.

However, this seems to indicate that separate DC continuities share a multiverse, which would be an exciting prospect if they went anywhere with it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Literally the only difference between Supergirl's Earth and Earth 2's canonicity in the Arrowverse is a now-ambiguous technicality between broadcasting networks.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Literally the only difference between Supergirl's Earth and Earth 2's canonicity in the Arrowverse is a now-ambiguous technicality between broadcasting networks.

Well in Arrowverse CW Batman exists but not Superman in Supergirl it seems like the only heroes are alien in origin that seems to be the biggest difference between the earths

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Well in Arrowverse CW Batman exists but not Superman in Supergirl it seems like the only heroes are alien in origin that seems to be the biggest difference between the earths

Sorry, I don't quite get what you're trying to say here

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    A pedantic arguement over in-canon multi-dimensions?

This truly is the DC thread...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Sorry, I don't quite get what you're trying to say here

I think I misunderstood what you were getting at.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Was that Jason Mews in tonights episode?

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Was that Jason Mews in tonights episode?

hahahaha yes, I just double checked and that was totally him in the scene with the Humvee.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Ollie got that 'Watchdogs' look going for him in tonight's Arrow.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

I think some punctuation is in order, because I'm not too sure what you're trying to say.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    oh shit. Did not expect that to actually happen.

Tonights Arrow
    Nuke was about to hit Monument Point, gets diverted... to Havenrock instead.

10's of thousands dead.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Supergirl takes place on Earth-3.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    I hope not! Kara is in trouble if so

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well considering she didn't recognize any of the names that Barry rattled off (and there's no STAR Labs), it's pretty likely.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Well considering she didn't recognize any of the names that Barry rattled off (and there's no STAR Labs), it's pretty likely.
    (Earth-3 is historically the world where the good guys are evil and the bad guys are good but the identities largely stay the same)

([So she would be evil on Earth-1])

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Right, the CSA.

Fuckin' comics.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    When do we get to see the Tangent universe?

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Supergirl is not Arrowverse because Barry specifically had to travel to a parallel universe to meet her.

However, this seems to indicate that separate DC continuities share a multiverse, which would be an exciting prospect if they went anywhere with it.

Isn't the legion of super heroes ring also a smallville clip?

• Options
    Everything is in canon, obviously.

GBLRo8s.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I want a Roger Rabbit style crossover with JLU

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »

I think some punctuation is in order, because I'm not too sure what you're trying to say.

I think I read his post as the only difference between the shows is the Network they're on or something like that.

• Options
    Greg Berlanti, a producer on Flash and Arrow, confirmed that a Booster Gold movie is currently being scripted by Zack Stenz and that Berlanti himself would like to direct it if possible.

(He probably won't)

This also likely means that the surprise fan favorite hero from the LoT finale isn't Booster, with the next most rumored candidate being
    Alan Scott

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Regarding this week's episode of the Flash:
    I know some people weren't into Barry talking to the Speed Force, but I could have had that be the entire episode.

I could have that be the entire show. A superhero talking to a fundamental aspect/element of the universe?

Yeah, that's my jam. I'd put it on my morning toast.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I know some people weren't into Barry talking to the Speed Force, but I could have had that be the entire episode.

I could have that be the entire show. A superhero talking to a fundamental aspect/element of the universe?

The only reason I wasn't into it is because Jesse L. Martin was the only one whose acting chops were up to portraying the Speed Force, and they fuckin' led with him

• Options
    Ollie got that 'Watchdogs' look going for him in tonight's Arrow.

He totally had that Iconic Cap on!

Also
    Well I guess that answers the runaway train ethical dilemma for Felicity at least.

sig.gif
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

If the whole episode had been about Barry, it might have even been good!

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    JoeUser wrote: »
    I want a Roger Rabbit style crossover with JLU

I was gonna say, that poster at least needed DCAU on there

and Arkham Batman while we're at it

sig.gif
  • Options
    Greg Berlanti, a producer on Flash and Arrow, confirmed that a Booster Gold movie is currently being scripted by Zack Stenz and that Berlanti himself would like to direct it if possible.

(He probably won't)

This also likely means that the surprise fan favorite hero from the LoT finale isn't Booster, with the next most rumored candidate being
    Alan Scott

Aw c'mon C'MON

stop it DC, let the shows have the heroes people want

sig.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I love Stephen Amell and he obviously loves his job but I would be perfectly fine with Thea being the star of Arrow

Or at least getting a spinoff. If Supergirl gets canceled bring her over as Power Girl for a Birds of Prey series

Just recast Huntress

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I would kill for a Thea and Roy show instead of an Oliver show

• Options
    Also I miss Curtis.

With what happened at Palmer this week I went HANG ON WHERE'S CURTIS

DOES HE STILL HAVE A COLD, IS HE OUT SICK?

sig.gif
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    He's a regular next season!