As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Scott Pilgrim 4] Getting it Together!

Bebop7Bebop7 Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited December 2007 in Graphic Violence
Scott Pilgrim Volume 4 is out next Wednesday, the 14th!
spidle_.gifpixel_scott_raccoon.gif

It's been a whole year since volume 3, and I'm pretty excited to see what sort of hijinks our lovable Canadian rocker gets into next.

The author, Bryan Lee O'Malley, switched to a larger drawing size for volume 4, hence the delays. Apparently volume 5 is well under way (O'Malley predicts a Summer '08 release). He keeps his websites well updated, so check them out!

Visit the official website for wallpapers and reviews (and a cover of the sad "Palace of the Gilded Burrito" song) or check out the new Scott Pilgrim Social Ning (it's like a Myspace page, I guess). O'Malley runs a Q/A thread on the social site. Also, I won a signed copy of the book as a runner-up in the "complain about the book delay" thread! He is a pretty awesome dude.

DesolationJones.png
Bebop7 on

• Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It is!?
    Fuck yes!

Zombot on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    I enjoy the series. It's not this amazing thing that everyone makes it out to be, but once I got over that initial disappointment of expecting it to blow me and look me in the eys, I found it to be fun.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Don't believe him.
    It is amazing.
    He just doesn't like alot of things.
    It's his schtick.

Zombot on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No, I pretty much agree with Keith, but it is fun times and that's what I expect from my comics.

Furu on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I suggest you not read the back of any of the volumes. Just dive in and be surprised.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    guys I am so excited

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    YES

I AM ORDERING THIS AT MY LOCAL BOOKSTORE ON MONDAY

YES

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scott Pilgrim is the best comic I buy in any given year.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man I wish I had the rest of them. I have read them all thanks to various libraries, and loved the hell out of all of them, but the only Scott Pilgrim I actually own is the Free Comic Book Day one from a few years back.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    YES

YES

Come on man.

I ordered this from Amazon like six months ago.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just read volume 1.

So awesome.

"maybe
    you'll
    see!"

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ordered months ago.

At age 21, with a girlfriend who has evil ex-boyfriends that are all bigger than me and know some form of martial art?

This speaks to me more clearly than any other comic. Plus, it makes me happy!

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    YES

YES

Come on man.

I ordered this from Amazon like six months ago.

I didn't know! I forgot to keep track of it!

I AM SO ASHAMED OF MYSELF YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUB IT IN MORE OKAY

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Bebop7Bebop7 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I just read it! It is really good! :o:!!:

The art has significantly improved, too!

Bebop7 on
    DesolationJones.png
  • Options
    tripleatriplea Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    I ordered it about a week ago, but Borders doesn't have my order in yet.

I'm hoping I don't have to wait a month like I had to last time when I ordered volume 3 from Barnes & Noble.

Also, the first 8 pages are up online and in color. I've never been more excited about this volume.

triplea on
    I am new
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    By luck I ended up in the local comic store the other day while waiting for Toys R Us to stock Mario Galaxy.

I saw volume one, and remembered you guys talking about how awesome this and sharknife are, so I picked it up. I'm only one chapter in, but it's fucking amazing.

Did you dudes see the leaked hollywood memos before the writer strike that listed the Scott Pilgrim movie as being in preproduction, with Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) attached as the director?

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ordered months ago.

At age 21, with a girlfriend who has evil ex-boyfriends that are all bigger than me and know some form of martial art?

This speaks to me more clearly than any other comic. Plus, it makes me happy!

He is if I remember correctly 23 (with his birthday soon as mentioned in the fourth book)

I loved the first three, they were just fun cool books.

This one is hillarious and the relationships between everyone is superinteresting.

I feel really sorry for knives though.

Also.
    "Have you said the L-word yet?"

Blake T on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I love how Knives' dad embodies everything a boy has ever feared about his girlfriend's (or ex-girlfriend, in this case) father. It's also nice to see Scott and Ramona's relationship developing and facing its own trials rather than serving as a perfect thing that only suffers under the influence of outside forces, as is the case with so many romance stories.

So who thinks Knives and Stephen Stills have a thing going?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nah, I just think he feels sorry for her, she moved into a new group of friends and now the reason she was in the group is gone and she feels like she can't go back and she's stuck there now.

Plus giving underage people alcohol is hillarious.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    Nah, I just think he feels sorry for her, she moved into a new group of friends and now the reason she was in the group is gone and she feels like she can't go back and she's stuck there now.

Plus giving underage people alcohol is hillarious.

Yeah, but she's really cute and his girlfriend is a total bitch.

And there was a pseudo-mysterious allusion to someone being interested in her at the end of this book when she was talking to her only friend. Young Neil would fit, but it's strange that he wasn't mentioned by name.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I want Knives and Young Neil to work out!

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    I want Knives and Young Neil to work out!

I'd rather see Knives with Kim, if she can't be with a talented boy. She's only with Neil because he basically looks just like Scott.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    nah, I don't know about that

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah it's a pretty crappy basis for a relationship her going out with him just because he looks like scott.

Mind you a guy at work says one of his mates is getting married and the way they start apparently dating was that he was trying to hook in with his fiance's room mate.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    nah, I don't know about that

Well he doesn't really do much beyond being the band's biggest fan and, now, angsting over Knives.

And the dude's going to have to win a sword fight once her parents find out about the relationship, so he has some serious work to do.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    oh I meant Kim and Knives being a good couple

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, it totally wouldn't work. Scott is the only person Kim half-likes (aside from her roommate, I guess), and even then it's a secret.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Kim seems like the type of person that would date Knives just to shock people. Which would kind of annoy me since it would end up with Knives being hurt, again and as I've made fairly clear, I just feel sorry for her now.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Kim seems like the type of person that would date Knives just to shock people. Which would kind of annoy me since it would end up with Knives being hurt, again and as I've made fairly clear, I just feel sorry for her now.

I don't really think Kim is like that. I mean, she didn't make a big deal out of making out with Knives, and she doesn't really seem to like attention much.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    the water methodthe water method Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gah. This is why I should stop pre-ordering things from Amazon. They haven't even thought about shipping it to me yet. I'm about to cancel my order and go purchase it myself, in the outside world. Which angers me. Is it awesome, if you've read it? I bet it's awesome.

the water method on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It's totally awesome. You ought to cancel the order.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Gah. This is why I should stop pre-ordering things from Amazon. They haven't even thought about shipping it to me yet. I'm about to cancel my order and go purchase it myself, in the outside world. Which angers me. Is it awesome, if you've read it? I bet it's awesome.

The same shit is going on with me.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    There are so many panels in this one that I would love to enlarge and frame. God, I wish the wait between volumes wasn't so long.

DMAC on
  • Options
    The Nameless OneThe Nameless One Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This thread excites me.

The Nameless One on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I wish I could punch your life in the face.

Blake T on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Stephen Stills is totally dating Knives Chau.

Also, the about the author page is the saddest thing ever.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I wish I could punch your life in the face.

I wish I could punch your life in the balls.

DarkPrimus on