As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOVIE] Who Ya Got?

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Superman
    He looks like a total goober

I hope he's like that in the film

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Superlarlarbatman
    hrm

Not too sure about that.

Psykoma on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman
    By all accounts Channing is a giant adorable dork in RL, so if anything , he'll just be able to be himself for this role.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I am going to watch Kingsman tomorrow

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Batman
    YaYa wrote: »
    I am going to watch Kingsman tomorrow

For the first time?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

High-Rise is already streaming, FYI

6F32U1X.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    tom looks like a far cry villain

PNk1Ml4.png
    Nicholas Winding Refn's production company is putting out a remake of Maniac Cop

To be directed by Universal Soldier's John Hyams and written by beloved Marvel writer Ed Brubaker

6F32U1X.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    lots of indie movies stream at the same time they release in theaters

it's really hard to even find theaters for indie flicks to screen at anymore

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The Rifftrax Time Chasers encore is playing tonight for those who missed the initial airing.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mansuper
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Nicholas Winding Refn's production company is putting out a remake of Maniac Cop

To be directed by Universal Soldier's John Hyams and written by beloved Marvel writer Ed Brubaker

I don't know why people try to remake 80s slashers now

I really just don't think they work

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Maniac Cop especially won't work without the presence of the anomalous cranium of Robert Z'dar

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Maniac Cop especially won't work without the presence of the anomalous cranium of Robert Z'dar

He's like a catcher's mitt with eyes

Mansuper
    Poor Robert Z'Dar

he's beating the shit out of Tango & Cash in heaven, now

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Maniac Cop, huh? Never saw the original, but I'm sure this will be a thoughtful take on the current state of contentious police/civilian relations!

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

I can't tell you how thankful we are getting are first in forever. And if it fails Bentonville with is twenty minutes north is getting an Alamo Draft House. And like all things in Bentonville, Wal-Mart will make sure it doesn't fail.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Mansuper
    Maniac Cop is about a police officer who is killed by corrupt cops/government officials and comes back to life to murder them

so it might work ok in that respect

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

I can't tell you how thankful we are getting are first in forever. And if it fails Bentonville with is twenty minutes north is getting an Alamo Draft House. And like all things in Bentonville, Wal-Mart will make sure it doesn't fail.

Maaaaaan I would've killed to have that while I was in college.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    T2 blaze it

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »

Maaaaaan I would've killed to have that while I was in college.

Riiiight? During most of my time in college I actually had to drive about thirty minutes to Little Rock to see most movies, as our theater just was a poor ol thing. Changed about my senior year. But still bummer.

And now I get a theater next to my favorite bar. I hope to god it does well.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Manbat
    Maniac Cop is about a police officer who is killed by corrupt cops/government officials and comes back to life to murder them

so it might work ok in that respect
    I can see Ed Brubaker writing that very well

CYpGAPn.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Superbat

Huh, weirdly enough, it says here that it's "Rise of the Machines". That can't be right...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Mansuper
    look at how punchable that guys face is!

Batman
    What a fucking cock.

I think that's the Angry Video Game Nerd, too

6F32U1X.png
    Mansuper
    Has there been any kind of attempt by these dudes to frame it as anything other than hating women

Like how gramblorgitter tried to mask their actual intentions

This one seems a lot more naked

Batman
    No, this one seems like a straight play for attention. He probably doesn't care he just sees an opportunity to drive traffic to his site by openly refusing to review it.

I do wonder how many people are just earnestly against a new version of Ghostbusters, because I'm sure there are those people

I'm trying to imagine the response to a version of this movie that stars Bill Hader, Jason Sudeikis, Will Forte, and Tim Meadows, and I suspect it would be less negative!

But I don't understand people being way way way into Ghostbusters in general, it seems like a singular inexplicable cult phenomenon

6F32U1X.png
    edited May 2016
    Batman
    My opinion is thus: the only way to completely sap an Internet troll of their power is to ignore them.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    Mansuper
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I do wonder how many people are just earnestly against a new version of Ghostbusters, because I'm sure there are those people

I'm trying to imagine the response to a version of this movie that stars Bill Hader, Jason Sudeikis, Will Forte, and Tim Meadows, and I suspect it would be less negative!

But I don't understand people being way way way into Ghostbusters in general, it seems like a singular inexplicable cult phenomenon

You could probably ask one of the multiple people on the forum who are in that community

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I earnestly think that it doesn't look very good, so I'm not going to see it. I don't care much about Ghostbusters generally though, if they'd made a new one with the original cast I still probably wouldn't have gone to see it.

But yeah, as far as I can tell most of the strong reactions are just "no chicks in ghostbusters". Even if you think it looks bad, reviewers still review bad movies

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Superlarlarbatman
    I just have absolutely zero interest in any new Ghostbusters, not to mention that the previews also look pretty awful.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    I'd like to think James Rolfe just doesn't think it will be good regardless. He hasn't done or said anything in public to sound like that other type of hateful prick.

And really he's not a movie reviewer primarily.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    We don't really know why that guy isn't going to review it. I don't know who he is or what he does.

This discussion has been closed.