As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PAX South 17] It's Over. See You Next Time

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I did enjoy letting everyone check to see if they could read the the thing

Goddamn Warlocks.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    :cry: this is the thing I am most sad about

I guess depending on what happens with this Singapore job

Wait. Wait. What?? No Sandra at South? Oh nooo! :cry:

Tbh they should just cancel the expo

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    This reminds me, someone (me?) should make a Prime West thread.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Is this the year? The year I become an Omeganaut?

How good are you at baby games? Can you dedicate yourself to learning baby games for almost a full year? Only then will you stand a chance at making it past Round 2 of the Omegathon.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »

They aren't even on sale yet!

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Don't click the spoiler.

Trust me.
    I warned you.

Why are you doing this?

Goose! on
    rhylith wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »

They aren't even on sale yet!

True, but neither are South badges... but yeah, if we wait for the badges to go on sale, it'll be pretty soon regardless (my guess is that Prime will go on sale sometime in the next few weeks).

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I'll be back.

At PAX South next year. Assuming ticket sales take long enough again for me to get another 3-day. Must remember to monitor this thread.

But if Sandra's not there, who am I going to bring Three Floyds for?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    We'll all have to remember the Alamo for Sandra, then.

Also, they finally updated the website with the current logos and changed Prime to West. I'm pretty sure that just happened today/yesterday,

Uggggh put them on sale already, man! I'm totally gonna be at the doctor when it happens and I hate it.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Arghhh.

Going to the World Juniors in Montreal a few weeks before this so I'm not sure it works out to gooooooooooo.....

Nothing. Matters.
    Do it! Do it!

Also, its faked me out the last two times I refreshed: The attendee registration box pops up, but immediately disappears again behind "SOON" and if you stop the page loading the link to register redirects to the same page.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I could be talked in to doing this thing again.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm sure every time I refresh Khoo cackles and adds a minute to his timer.

steam_sig.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Where is everybody staying this time?

Waffle hotel?

Oh shit, I'm actually spending more than a minute in the queue! Our little South, it's all grown up and a real PAX now!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Sitting in checkout queue for a really weirdly long time, people are saying three day are gone

EDIT: They lied

EDIT2: Looks like I'm keeping that reservation at the Riverwalk Plaza Hotel

Maddoc on
  • littlewrenlittlewren Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    You guys. I have been way too busy at work lately to have the time to keep refreshing this page. But also, I'm stealing a moment of company time to say that we have a guest bedroom and a couch, if anyone needs to crash. So if the cost of a hotel is what's going to stop you being able to attend, don't let it! Blake and I can't wait to see all your lovely faces again!

Edit: Apparently in the time it took me to type my complaint, tickets went live. Ask and you shall receive!

littlewren on
    Y48pkDN.jpg?1
    Twitter: @LittleWren42
    edited May 2016
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Sitting in checkout queue for a really weirdly long time, people are saying three day are gone

What? 3-days are already sold out?! WTF?

I was next to a PC when the text hit my phone and I immediately refreshed, and I'm still waiting. This is... different.

joshofalltrades on
    Maddoc do not toy with my heart

@joshofalltrades Fear not! That was apparently a lie.

steam_sig.png
    What a fabulous time to be on unreliable hotel wifi. Fortunately, my cellphone gets a pretty good signal here, so I'm cheating and camping the queue on both devices.

littlewren wrote: »
    You guys. I have been way too busy at work lately to have the time to keep refreshing this page. But also, I'm stealing a moment of company time to say that we have a guest bedroom and a couch, if anyone needs to crash. So if the cost of a hotel is what's going to stop you being able to attend, don't let it! Blake and I can't wait to see all your lovely faces again!

Edit: Apparently in the time it took me to type my complaint, tickets went live. Ask and you shall receive!

Would it be cool for Megan and I to claim the guest bedroom? We want to go again but our financials are a lot less certain this year, so if we didn't have to worry about a hotel, that would be ideal.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I think the availability on the pax south site is still set to last years info.

Also I could have swore I remembered waiting in queue for a bit for the previous two as well.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Looks like I'll be a little further away from the convention center, as in a few blocks, but I'm paying $89 a night instead of like $130 for the cheapest rooms through Onpeak

So I think that'll cover the cost of an Uber or something if I super duper don't want to walk a few blocks late at night

Wow, the autorefresh of the queue waiting page completely borked the layout.

steam_sig.png
    I just got to the front and can get 3-days.

3-Day pass obtained!

Man, paying $75 for a pass and $89/night feels crazy after spending literally twice that going to PAX East

Now, flight prices are another matter entirely and they seem pretty dang high right now

Woo! Badge got!

steam_sig.png
    Lol, right when i expected, as I left work to go to the doctor for maximum inconvenience.

edited May 2016
    Wait wasn't too bad and phone actually worked out well thanks to Google wallet/Android pay whatever auto filling stuff.

Got 2 three day passes.

Goose! on
  • littlewrenlittlewren Registered User regular
    littlewren wrote: »

Would it be cool for Megan and I to claim the guest bedroom? We want to go again but our financials are a lot less certain this year, so if we didn't have to worry about a hotel, that would be ideal.

Absolutely! Plan on having our guest room, and if anything changes on either end between now and then we can work it out.

Y48pkDN.jpg?1
    Twitter: @LittleWren42
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Man, paying $75 for a pass and $89/night feels crazy after spending literally twice that going to PAX East

Now, flight prices are another matter entirely and they seem pretty dang high right now

Flights from NY to SAT for $233 round trip. Everyone move to NY.

edited May 2016
    Goose! wrote: »
    Wait wasn't too bad and phone actually worked out well thanks to Google wallet/Android pay whatever auto filling stuff.

Got 2 three day passes.

I'm glad I ended up booking that room you pointed out, because it's waaaay cheaper than anything on Onpeak

So we'll be staying at the same hotel

EDIT: Yeah I'm looking at like $330 right now, gonna wait and try to catch a better price

Maddoc on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I just bought a 3 day and booked at the drury and I'm good to go