As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SEMIFINALS: MATCH B: PRE-FIGHT DEBATE

2»

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Here's the reason Hulk can't beat Superman: mobility. Superman can easily remove him from the arena, and yes, you can remove people without throwing them into space. Remember, Impulse lost because he ran out of bounds and I'm pretty sure he wasn't running straight up.

And I don't think Sue can beat either Thor or Superman. And I'm not going to vote on the basis of her hiding out the whole time.

And Superman has defeated Thor before. So I'd put it:

1. Superman
    2. Thor
    3. Invisible Woman
    4. Hulk

Hulk is not the strongest one there is, no matter how many times he says it. He's kind of an unreliable source.

It's okay, you have a perfectly good reason. Supes is a self-righteous dick, and she'll disable Sue thinking he's putting her out of harms way.

Out of all the excuses I've heard of Supes taking out Sue, this is by FAR the best one. My mind's at ease letting Supes and Thor advance.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sue is outmacthed, if she had the rest of the FF4 with her maybe she could pull off a win here. Superman is the clear favorite, a no brainer really. Thor and Hulk? Thor is on Supes level but Hulk is all weakened and shit so he's a third place finisher.

Of course who amongst Superman,Thor and Hulk would hit a lady? Perhaps that fact alone could give Sue the win? ;)

1.Superman
    2.Thor
    3.Hulk
    4.Invisible Woman

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The problem I have with Thor and Superman moving on is that when Supes knocked Thor out in JLA/Avengers, he was so tired after doing so that he was taken out by chumps. Unless they go after Hulk and Sue first (and they might, but they're equally as likely not to, I think), the winner's not gonna have the strength to deal with Hulk and Sue. Or, if Superman goes straight after Hulk or Sue while Thor goes right at Supes, Superman will likely not be at the peak strength needed to beat Thor. The same if Thor deals with someone before Superman.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Could Thor's lightning blasts be equated with Captain Marvel's Shazam attack? Which is to say, is it magic?

Zodiac Brave on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Thor's lightning is directed by magic. It does not count as an actual magical attack.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Thor's lightning is directed by magic. It does not count as an actual magical attack.

I see. So Superman would be no more damaged by them than if he were to just get struck my lightning? :P

Zodiac Brave on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Thor's lightning is a few notches up from normal lightning, but it's nothing that would give him an edge over Supes.

Spectre-x on