As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Granblue Fantasy] Seemingly but not quite Final Fantasy.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I haven't had any issues. Maybe reinstall it? Seems odd.

It has to be a problem somewhere between me and the GBF server. I've reinstalled the Chrome app, restarted the DHCP and DNS client services, rebooted the machine and the router, done an ipconfig release/renew and nothing has resolved the problem. I don't really know what else I can do at this point except wait.

• AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Hmm, try logging out of your account with https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp/_logout and deleting your browsing history. Your browser will remember everything even after reinstalling if you don't clear your cache.

Basically its more like a web browser game than a mobile one.

Adellios on
    edited April 2016
    Nah, I launched it in a Chrome developer tab and it was just timing out any time it needed to connect to a new page. I called TWC and the tech didn't like my signal levels, so it's probably a house to node issue. I've had issues across multiple devices with any kind of authenticated connection since last night. GBF just happened to have the worst of it due to the fact it called a new web page for any interface option you click.

Artereis on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Guild wars started a few hours ago. Actually winning is impossible because Japanese nolife Kings but you can still get a lot of good swag, also the light element guild war weapon if you're lucky/persistent.

steam_sig.png
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    So if I have 10 SR weapons to fill out a board will I ever need R weapons? Is it worth using them to match element?

Anyway my id is 10259066 if there is a crew going. I will contribute at least 1 leech of the extreme raid every day in pursuit of whatever is happening in this event. Presumably gambling to get garbage items.

Frosteey wrote: »
    So if I have 10 SR weapons to fill out a board will I ever need R weapons? Is it worth using them to match element?

Anyway my id is 10259066 if there is a crew going. I will contribute at least 1 leech of the extreme raid every day in pursuit of whatever is happening in this event. Presumably gambling to get garbage items.

Not really. The R weapons are basically just skill up and + fodder. Until you can field a full magna set youre just looking for the biggest stat sticks. Then you start worrying about element and type, then start wiggling around weapons with the right skill and such.

steam_sig.png
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Just learned there are like five party configurations options per slot. Feel really silly now buying those additional slots, I can barely make three distinct elemental teams (Fire, Water, Air) let alone fifteen.

So what happens if you don't make finals? Is there a runner up event or are we just spectators?

Those Extreme raid bosses were freaking loot pinatas. Kill one get a ton of tickets which turns into hundreds of normal and rare pieces of gear. I'm now swimming in exp boost pieces and nothing to use them on.

You get to aim for the loser bracket of like 120 teams. So plenty of time to grind for more gacha pulls.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2016
    The Sakura Taisen collab starts today... but it is not translated. It's here until the 23rd I believe so not too much of a rush.

Also with the new Famitsu event all raids are half off so it's basically a magnafest. Time to get those omega weapons! I think there's also 100 free crystals everyday until the 25th which is a free 10 pull ticket but I am not 100% sure.

Adellios on
    It's kind of weird that things like weapon skills weren't translated, at least.

edited May 2016
    It's fast at least. Already have all three characters and almost enough for the first light gun purchase.

Light attack up unknown is salvation.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
    It's kind of depressing how hard people say it is to make a light team compared to things like wind/water, because at the moment I have Albert, Feather and Noa and that team is just really fun to use. Feather is just huge damage and Albert's Lord of Blitz move is probably one of the coolest ones I've seen.

edited May 2016
    I think its just dark right now that is harder to get going because light has been getting quite a few event weapons lately. There is also GW weapons to fall back on since they are naturally all light.

Adellios on
    edited May 2016
    Light is easy street. I don't even have a light team and my light pool is way ahead of my dark pool which I've been farming for almost exclusively since I started.

But I sure do have three gw Spears, a gw gun, a max lb harp and soon a max lb gun from this event and some random bits and bobs from gacha.

Light is definitely a little rougher than prime elements but the game seems to love to throw light stuff at you outside of the painful drop rate of Chev.

Edit: hell the best dark attacker comes with an earth/wind sword for some reason. Wrrryyyyyy.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Can someone help me understand how to sign up? I thought this would be a registration page, username/password/captcha, but no matter what I put in it spits an error.
    bqzvz5a8cdwm.png

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
    This is the log-in page, you can use google+/twitter/fb/yahoo to start an account or I think the gray button is to make a Mobage account.

The Sakura collab is now translated.

There's also the Taito collab with some challenges for a few items running until the end of July as well.

Oh hey finally. Maybe I'll rewatch the events. Probably not though. I have kamui to grind.

steam_sig.png
    Kamui needs to cough up his goddamn gun. :x

I'm sitting at a 2* gun and the lack of a drop is ruining me. I can't have this thing sitting just shy of MLB. I'd just be too sad.

steam_sig.png
    Man, I have been doing Luminiera Omega raids in between Kamui fights to try and make sure I have Lucifer summons free. I haven't gotten the gun yet, but I have gotten and fully uncapped the omega summon. I just don't think he's going to cough this thing up.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Granblue's also on QooApp which is basically a must-have for anyone with an Android phone

i use it to balance all of my crippling f2p addictions

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So this came out in English recently, that's kinda neat. I see it all over JP sites so...

Ninja: Wait, I don't even have to 4X to play it, it'll work on Chrome directly? Does it work in browser or is there just a Chrome app for it?

How hard is it to reroll at the start, and is it worth doing so? If so, what is optimal to roll for?

Edit: Chrome app. Mobage (eww). Rerolling apparently is best done in Bluestacks / Droid4x cause you can just reroll by creating guest accts consrtantly?

KiTA on
    edited May 2016
    They've just added a pc browser version of the game that works on chrome and safari at the moment. There might be a few kinks as its still being worked on. Link will be added to the first post.

Adellios on
    edited July 2016
    So I found a script that automates skipping the tutorial, which makes rerolling a lot easier.

But I believe that the server has an IP limit after 10 rerolls a day?

Getting this when I try to register: リクエストパラメータに誤りがあります

Edit: Holy cow, apparently this game's publisher (Mobage) was so bad about Gatchas that they pushed forth a new law preventing set bonuses in Gatchas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOWFvlBPnk4&ab_channel=TheBilinguist

And someone... spent $7000 trying to get some rare unit in this? Wait, multiple people did it? Holy shit.

KiTA on
    The IP limit is for the salted Google email method. If you do the mobile guest account method I don't think there is one but then you have to figure out how to make a Mobage account.

The set bonus gatcha thing has been around way before Granblue ever existed (I believe it was added around sometime in early PaD because of some Dragon Quest game.) I remember this as PaD wanted to use card dupes for gatcha card evolutions before.
    Sadly enough people do spend quite a bit for a certain thing in mobile games. Some games have added fail safes (which Granblue has had to add) and most do not have them or have some sort of partial guarantee.
    Heck even some mobiles don't even post rates which is mandatory in some countries.
    Video's information is not entirely accurate but its the gist of it.

In Granblue news, supposedly swimsuit characters sometime next week or at the end of the month. If you don't get a decent reroll it might be best to wait until they are in the pool since you cant Surprise Ticket them (however you can Start Dash them.)

I mean one dude spent 12k on clash of clans in one weekend.

Whales are called whales for a reason and it's why people claiming they'll stop playing because they wasted $100 or something is hilarious.

Because they really don't care. No mobile publisher really does.

That all said GBF has some of the most reasonable gacha I've played. As a paying customer I can expect nice rate ups every month and a guaranteed character I want every couple months when they do surprise tickets.

While some games like FFRK or whatever I've chased an item for months and spent an unreasonable amount and still have nothing to show.

So I suppose it's how you look at it.

Also there are a ton of gacha laws in Japan. Unlike everywhere else. Which is nice, especially with stuff like showing draw rates and whatnot.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2016
    What about the Zodiac characters? Aren't they stupidly rare even for paying players / whales?

Roll 22 -- SSR, Melodic Sphere, Lilele. I think I'm done rolling unless she's horribad...

How can I change the email from that salted one to one I actually use?

KiTA on
    Granblue's gacha from a pure free to play perspective seems not awful, but not much more than that. Crystal income isn't terrible, but the actual rates aren't all that good even if you wait until the increased rate period each month. And actually filling out a team seems like a potential nightmare since you're highly encouraged to run mono-element teams that only really peak after dedicating months of grinding to solely that one element. (But I'm just a super casual, so I don't know what the meaningful difference in power level is between an elemental squad with all top tier SSR characters and one with a bunch of event and story characters, when they both have all the equipment and summons from grinding their omega raid whatevers. )

If you're willing to pay though, $30 for picking almost any character you want, with rolls on top of that, seems extremely generous for free phone game territory. You can see what you get from your free rolls, then build a competent team around them without needing extreme investment or luck.

The Zodiac characters are from what I can tell all top tier-esque characters, that are almost entirely removed from randomness or whaling. Obtaining one just boils down to a months long grind, which I guess you could speed through with stamina and raid gem refreshes or whatever if you wanted to. Obviously I have no idea how their whale profits are split up between that and chasing rare gacha characters, but I would just assume it still comes from the lottery because gambling is fun and addictive.

edited July 2016
    I think you are mistaking zodiac with the gw characters.

Andira has the same rates as every SSR now I believe but she only appears during legfest. She's also in the spark store during most legfests if you were planning to roll 300 times.

Adellios on
    In my defense, it made a lot more sense for the guild war characters to be zodiac characters when I thought there were twelve of them.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just started this up after Adell hooked me up with a baller account

This phone app sure does run kind of rough

The best part is the Zodiac characters aren't even that good.

Like I'll take Korwa over the current one any day.

steam_sig.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Got in just under the wire on this event and got both Sig recruited, and got the SSR Summon.

Oh man

Jin, Soriz, and Eugen doing MANLY BEACH TRAINING is pretty good

Man, just bought a surprise ticket and now there's a star gacha.

Why does this actually tempt me.

steam_sig.png
    Aw, here I was hoping Gawain's 5* would have him ditch his mask for sunglasses and switch from red to gold armor

At least his skill updates seem rad

Premium Gala! New event with yet another Jin! (Wind this time)

Also Water element Summer Naru, and Water gets its very own Bahamut/Lucifer with some minor stipulations

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Preeeeeeemium Gala time!

I got Chat from a daily pull, of course, and had a really shitty 10 draw considering it's a gala

I had some amazing luck during the summer draws. I think I have 6-7 more SSRs than I did at the start, including all the free draws. I think the biggest prize was Sophia for my light team. I was considering purchasing one of the guaranteed draws to get her. Not an issue now!