As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How was the table top area at PAX Prime 2015?

adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy WifeKalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
edited May 2016 in PAX West
Missed last PAX due to my husbands new job. How was the table top area? Was it still scattered all over or did they find a better set up?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
adias.angel on

• Options
    jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    It seemed to be scattered but most of it was localized in one hotel, though I forgot which one. I remember it not being very populated and the people who were there seemed to be the most die-hard tabletop fans. It was kind of a bummer because I was looking forward to trying out some new games.

• Options
    DaPaladinDaPaladin Registered User regular
    There was one bigish room and half of it was for tournaments that were empty the few times I was there. I was told (not by an enforcer) that you weren't allowed to use those tables. Otherwise, still spread out and tight.

jparp8146qaj.png
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Dismal.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    *sigh* I had hoped for some serious improvement with the announcement of the queue line room changes for last year.
    It seemed to be scattered but most of it was localized in one hotel, though I forgot which one. I remember it not being very populated and the people who were there seemed to be the most die-hard tabletop fans. It was kind of a bummer because I was looking forward to trying out some new games.

That's the problem every year. Because it's scattered you never seem to get a large group in one place. It's much better at East where the TT is in one location.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, the queue line change made a huge difference for the expo hall though, much better spacing between booths, way easier to move through. I also would love to see tabletop all in one place. Likely not anywhere in seattle until the convention center expansion.

• Options
    JagerkinJagerkin Registered User new member
    The D&D stuff was at the Red Lion I think. I had several great games, but it wasn't as awesome as when they had it next to the expo hall and made a lot of curious expo goers first time players.

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Jagerkin wrote: »
    The D&D stuff was at the Red Lion I think. I had several great games, but it wasn't as awesome as when they had it next to the expo hall and made a lot of curious expo goers first time players.

Two years ago D&D was so full we couldn't get a game. It was going to be my first time too xD

Last year Pathfinder was next to the expohall and open until Midnight. I managed to get my first tabletop RPG experience there after the expo hall closed :D

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    JadelyonessJadelyoness Registered User regular
    Last year D&D was at Olive 8 (about 2 blocks from the expo hall). Generally it was full in the evenings after the expo hall closed and that was with a good amount of tables running. The main thing with D&D is that sessions are they are either a 2 hour or 4 hour block of time. So you need to plan for that time. One the same floor of that hotel was some other table top gaming. MTG has pretty much taken over where D&D use to be in the annex. Would love to have that space again, but don't see that happening.

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    If I recall, the lending library was still in the convention center with a very small play area, but the larger play areas were over at hotels. It's been my experience that boardgame tabletop is miserable at West. It is MUCH better and East and South.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Annoying. All over the place, with not much rhyme or reason as to what was where.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    AndyHuntAndyHunt Creator - NecronomiCards Registered User new member
    This year Cards Against Humanity is renting out the ACT Theatre next door and they're going to have a ton of tabletop stuff going in there.