As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

19495969798100»

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i hate fighting people with dark swords. It's the only time i don't feel bad about being an absolute bastard to those people.

I make myself feel better by never using it myself. estoc too.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i hate fighting people with dark swords. It's the only time i don't feel bad about being an absolute bastard to those people.

I make myself feel better by never using it myself. estoc too.

Shrug. I use it because I like it. It's got a good moveset with the stomp and attack that pairs well with my shield and makes up for my inability to parry consistently against human beings. I also like the little flourish on the strong attack.

Anri's sword is better, though.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    You're the first person I heard from who uses the Dark Sword for its varied moveset

Best way to deal with it is to partial-parry into a real parry on the second attack, by the way

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    You're the first person I heard from who uses the Dark Sword for its varied moveset

Best way to deal with it is to partial-parry into a real parry on the second attack, by the way

The reason I started using the sword was that the darkwraiths in the swamp kept wrecking me with the special attacks. I was excited to get to use it when it dropped.

I think that's why I do so well with it. Every time I bring it out, the other player readies themselves to parry fast attack spam, which I rarely use because it feels like everyone has gotten good parrying it. Lots of confusion when I start using the other moves.

Phillishere on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    the way to smash darkwraiths is to open with a weapon art and go into R1s

i was farming them for gear/tongues last night, and straight sword L2-R1 into R1 spam killed them pretty nicely. the stance attack fucks them up good

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List

i usually deal with it by getting around them and move in when they're clearly low on stamina, or if i'm using a weapon with hyper armour just hyper armour through it and then they can't ever r1 spam.

but yeah, using the dark sword as an actual weapon is rare, hopefully you still like it if it gets nerfed.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I like the Dark Sword because I like straight swords and it looks neat.

The good stats are just a neat bonus for me, and I am not anywhere near being able to take advantage of it yet.

Dys wrote: »
    I like the Dark Sword because I like straight swords and it looks neat.

The good stats are just a neat bonus for me, and I am not anywhere near being able to take advantage of it yet.

how to win with the dark sword: hit r1, repeat.

to avoid being parried delay every third hid.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I never used the Dark Sword. I felt like my Longsword had a better moveset and looked less stumpy.

But then, I value having a longer range thrust at some point of the moveset very highly in a weapon. So giving up the R2 lunge for that weird spin thing didn't map as worth it in my mind.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Hmm, the Farron great sword can't be buffed. That kind of throws a kink in this build. Guess I'll just go full quality.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fair play to an invader just now. Was distracted by a puppy in my lap in the area just past pontiff's area, didn't even notice I'd been invaded. They were nice enough to toss out a hello rather than taking the easy gank, and I returned the favour by not flasking unless I saw them do it first, which they didn't. I won with so little health left I honestly thought I'd died until my character started to get back up.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Hmm, the Farron great sword can't be buffed. That kind of throws a kink in this build. Guess I'll just go full quality.

Yeah
    My second character is going to be super swole female warrior, and I was thinking of the Farron great sword, but no buffs would limit it i think.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Meanwhile, here I am at the peak

Check out douglasdanger's Tweet:

DouglasDanger on
This discussion has been closed.