As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Desert Online (Orwen Server Ch. Mediah O1)

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Looks like the Valencia channels are back. Are we moving (back) to Valencia VO1, or staying on Mediah MO1? Personally, I thought Valencia VO1 was a better server (partly because I was more competitive with the sub-set of players there) but I'm not an officer or a decision maker. Having said that, my One Vote is to go back to Valencia VO1.

26904.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I'd give it a week or so to see if it sticks, they took them down for a reason after all.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I have been playing on them and it seems solid. But no one is really on so it doesn't matter what channel I am on atm.

I leveled my Maewha from 39-44 in like a few hours. Pretty nice exp rate going. I think I will make sure to get some grinding in the next few days to see if I can hit 50. Have kind of died down on interest in the game since I kind of "know" everything now. The stuff that happens after 50 is all pretty much beyond me. Only reason I am even trying to do it at this point is because with all that free money (and the event that is going) I should be able to get my gear up near or maxed by then.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I should try and get on. I made the mistake of installing tree of savior...

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Overwatch killed my interest mostly. I was able to be into it till that week long beta. After it ended suddenly the idea of playing anything else was boring.

• Options
    So... my contract has been expired for about a week. Along with most of the officers.

The guild list shows that most of the officers haven't been online in several days. Four of our officers haven't bothered to log in for two to three weeks.

Is the PA guild dead here?

26904.png
  • Options
    I've been trying to update people's contracts but I guess no one is ever actually on, just AFKing x_x

• Options
    MaevrimMaevrim Not just another fruitcake Registered User regular
    Glad to stumble across this. Currently leading my own guild on Orwen, but feel free to friend me. Family name Emlyn, usually on Rakao.

• Options
    I haven't been on... Haven't been playing as much period.

Just don't have the time to invest.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I've been on, though have been doing a lot've AFK horse leveling lately. Several times I've come back (from work, generally) and found a contract up on my screen... but unfortunately when I accepted it, it was too late. So I've been out of contract for awhile now as well.

It's pretty clear that the general activity of the guild has declined, as there is almost never anyone in chat, but while most of that is due to the usual 'PAers get super enthused about a game then scramble on to the next', BDO lends itself so well to doing things AFK that it's impossible to tell if anyone's around, so we stop checking and assume everyone is AFKing. Because it's mostly true. :P

I personally haven't quit the game... in fact I've recently started leveling again, only to have the Far Harbor DLC come out for FO4 and start taking up my active time. But no matter, I'll definitely still be around, for whatever it's worth.

• Options
    I've just found I don't have enough time to dig into a game with this amount of depth. I think about it, then think of all the things I should do once I log in, and realize its futile.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I'm actually playing pretty much every day right now. Took a short break a few weeks after launch but dove back in with the blader update.

Got my Maewha to 45 yesterday thanks to all the bonus xp weve been getting lately.

But yeah, lots of afk horse leveling going down now that autopathing and more horses are out.

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I've just found I don't have enough time to dig into a game with this amount of depth. I think about it, then think of all the things I should do once I log in, and realize its futile.

This was me at first as well, but I've since realized that there really isn't anymore you have to do beyond what you want to do. I was trying to level up different crafting things and building my alt empire so I could have enough energy to do gathering here, processing there, on and on until I basically just logged on to get through a task list. I've pretty much at this point let all my workers idle, and I'm playing a bit and focusing on horse breeding since it interests me, isn't too complicated (unless you make it so I guess, with trying to pick colors) and lets me make progress when I'm asleep or at work. I just got my first T6 horse last night, and now I'm hoping to really put more effort into just leveling so I can see more of the game, unlocking things to the point where eventually I'll maybe worry about crafting again.

BDO has the distinct honor of being the first MMO I've stuck with past the first month since basically WoW (okay, and TERA, but only after it went F2P and even then I haven't stuck with it), and most of that is because getting to max level to do the real content isn't part of the equation. At least, it isn't for my play style. Focus on what you like and stop trying to keep up with everyone on all the things.

• Options
    tricontricon Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Feldorn wrote: »

This was me at first as well, but I've since realized that there really isn't anymore you have to do beyond what you want to do. I was trying to level up different crafting things and building my alt empire so I could have enough energy to do gathering here, processing there, on and on until I basically just logged on to get through a task list. I've pretty much at this point let all my workers idle, and I'm playing a bit and focusing on horse breeding since it interests me, isn't too complicated (unless you make it so I guess, with trying to pick colors) and lets me make progress when I'm asleep or at work. I just got my first T6 horse last night, and now I'm hoping to really put more effort into just leveling so I can see more of the game, unlocking things to the point where eventually I'll maybe worry about crafting again.

BDO has the distinct honor of being the first MMO I've stuck with past the first month since basically WoW (okay, and TERA, but only after it went F2P and even then I haven't stuck with it), and most of that is because getting to max level to do the real content isn't part of the equation. At least, it isn't for my play style. Focus on what you like and stop trying to keep up with everyone on all the things.

Yeah if you are doing everything the game offers you are getting stuck or "throw away" a lot of time in this game. With the exp bonus we have right now it's a lot easy to lvl a char, my last one took me 12.5h to lvl 50 with only the black sprit quest and some "one way" skill quest. If I would do every quest I run into this would not even remotely possible.

I think you can get away with <1h seasons and play it casual if you pick up your daily boss scrolls and invest 3-4h at weekends doing them and grind some stuff. The first char to 50 will take you some time and affort but anything after will be lot easy. You share any kind of knowledge quest over the the server and can finish it right away. Later you don't need to kill any kind of npc for your boss scrolls if you have the knowledge over the boss, the black spirit will give you the scroll right away.

Improvements to workers that we received like that the now can manage your farm and a simple repeat all work button helps too.

I will cut my playtime with the release to valencia next month to a bare minimum until we have access to the awakening weapons. No reason to play a Berzerker without one over the next weeks and my tamer would enjoy a better weapon too.

BTW Black Desert was the first MMO in years that got through the 30 days and beyond phase for me. Maybe it's is that it has enough deep to it that even if you have played since Ultima Online that you find something new or that the combat reminds me on City of Heroes, not with the action combat but with the mob settings and it helps certainly that this game has NO LOADING SCREENS ingame and pleasant looks.

It is not without problems, the cash shop lurks always over your shoulder. The offer your 3-4 pets to loot for ya with $ but no ingame area loot with a press of a fingertip. The free armor even the boss armor look so-so bis awaful but with $ you can fix it .......

I really hope the follow the KR way and do later 100% exp weekends or it would not surprise me that the will lose quite some players after lvl 55. ;)

tricon on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I'm actually in the weird spot that I would totally buy a costume/outfit for my Maewha, but none of them look better than the actual ingame armor.

• Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So I've been away for the last few days due to travel (helping my parents move... so sore...), but I think I may have to step down as an officer. The power bills for keeping my computer going 24/7 are... higher than expected and I'm not sure I want to dedicate so much cash as the pricey Summer A/C season starts up. I'll still be around from time to time but I'm not sure I can commit to being online nearly as regularly (afk or no) as I have been, and without afk energy regen I can't really do the crafting I like either.

It's been a lot of fun, and again, I'll still be around. But I would be perfectly happy to hand my officer spot to someone more currently active. Maybe I'll be able to get my own contract renewed that way too ;P

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    I'm not sure there is anyone left that's sufficiently active D:

• Options
    I'm still playing. In fact I just hit 50 for the first time like 5 minutes ago.
    ALL
    BY

MYSEEEEEYEEEEEELLLLLLLFFFFFFFF

• Options
    The problem is that it's hard to tell who is active, because for the most part, even people who are online are actually AFK.

But at least if they are online, that's something... many of the officers haven't even been on in quite awhile.

• Options
    True. Is that you stepping up to be made an Officer @hatedinamerica :P?

I'll admit I would likely just give someone else the GM title but that literally takes away half of the guild coffers. That and I at least know I'll be able to hop on and check on things from now until eternity.

• Options
    Yeah, I mean I guess so. I could probably handle renewing the 3 or 4 people who are usually on. :P

• Options
    Changing guild leadership costs half the guild's money? That's pretty harsh.

In any case, I don't personally need the guild to be active in order for me to continue enjoying the game... but I would at least like the benefits of being in a guild, so it'd be nice if contracts could get renewed now and again. :)

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Easiest to get everyone who wants it done together, then I'll up them all to 30-day contracts along with making hatedinamerica an officer.

Arthil on
  • Options
    We can do that sometime over the weekend if you guys want to.

• Options
    Should be fine for me, I'll be around. Just @ me or hit me up in guild chat if you see me on.

• Options
    I've been ramping up my offline activities this last week; I'm getting ready for a 72 mile bicycling event in early June. Having said that, I still log in and play every day for about an hour or two - usually really late pacific time. I think I'll be around this weekend but, again, my online time is dwindling with the warmer "outside" weather. When would be the best time to schedule being on for a contract renewal?

26904.png
  • Options
    Well this weekend :P In the evening more than likely.

• Options
    ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'm logged on pretty much 24/7 to at least AFK horse ride. I check in very often.

I've noticed that pretty much every member is currently expired. =)

ky13 on
    Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • Options
    Right sorry about the other day, however I'll be able to get anyone today who wants their contracts renewed. Just message me on here, tell me where you are etc.

• Options
    Guess no one wanted their contract renewed :<?

• Options
    Yeah, sorry I missed you. Had to tear apart my room to deal with electrical issues and didn't get it put back together until later in the evening.

I can get on now though, if you're around.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I was on yesterday but completely spaced about the contract. I was too busy rowing out to all the new islands.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    I can get you guys now if you want @hatedinamerica @MyDcmbr

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @Arthil - I can't seem to catch anyone online. Are you available for contract renewal?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Yep, getting on now!

• Options
    We actually had a bit of activity in the guild when contracts were being renewed.... people actually were talking for a few minutes there!

I could tell when it was done though... sudden and total silence.

• Options
    To be honest, there really isn't much need fort player interaction in this game. That, to me, is actually the BIGGEST fault it has!

Having said that, if we had guild missions popping occasionally it would provide some reason for guild members to actually interact a bit more, rather than just grinding away at whatever task they are working on. I haven't actually seen a guild mission run in over a month.

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    To be honest, there really isn't much need fort player interaction in this game. That, to me, is actually the BIGGEST fault it has!

Having said that, if we had guild missions popping occasionally it would provide some reason for guild members to actually interact a bit more, rather than just grinding away at whatever task they are working on. I haven't actually seen a guild mission run in over a month.

Yeah I wish the would not have this "scorched country" politk here vs gold sellers and we run under collateral dmg. From player trading to the AH. How much more interesting could it be if you could set your house up into a Ultima Online shop style if you could trade and sell to other players.

Until you run into your first Boss scrolls you don't need a group and even in the last case it's more team for more rewards. Same goes for the farming on pirate island or lvl 55+ sausen group. For me modern MMOs still fail in this department and sometimes I wish the MMO would be more City of Heroes where you would team up from the start to the end but could go solo whenever.

7 Day free guest pass : h

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

tricon wrote: »
    7 Day free guest pass

Thanks much, got a key from this

Chiselphane on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hope this turns not out into another ASIA we gonna hack/cheat everything to death.

https://www.twitch.tv/agent_north/v/70674759

One cheater killed everyone at one of the field bosses, not only once but twice and preventet them to get there loot. Seems PA did the mistake and trust the client way to often without any kind of server check.

Maybe one reason the removed the exp lost on PvP death. Would not surprise me, considering the delayed the node wars/siege the last time of it with security concerns. The thread got locked yesterday in the official forums: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/91350-hacker-kills-everyone-at-mudster-boss-gets-all-the-loot/

tricon on