As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade collecting, your OG pin.

merchmistressmerchmistress Registered User regular
Which Pinny Arcade pin was your first pin? When and where did you get it? How did you acquire it?

Mine was Brian's head. I got it at West '14. Brian gave it to me.

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    I got them together, Cardboard Tube Samurai and Zombie Tycho. I got them at East 13 from a [E] at Mike and Jerry's Meet and Greet.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I had picked up an East '14 set on my first trip to a PAX. The only one I still meaningfully have is the East 14 logo, and I regret not keeping the Kemper. :P

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    At East 2013 I bought the Core 1.0 and East 2013 sets, and got a Merch 1.0 2012 variant. I ended up trading 4 of those pins away (3/4 of the East set and iirc Flesh Reaper) for 2x each of CTS and Zombie Tycho. This was me thinking I could just go buy more sets but learned they were sold out :(

I'm pretty sure the other Core 1.0 pins got traded at Prime 13, but I don't really know for sure, and Merch 1.0 I traded for an Aus Tycho as one of my first online trades.

So in the end my only "original" pin that I have is my East 2013 logo, which I have worn on my lanyard to every PAX since getting it. That shit is priceless yo.

• BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    My first pin was Draken. Vaanrose and I (who got Granok) were the first ones to trade the Exhibitors (or at least that's what they said) on the first day of PAX 2013. They made a big loudspeaker deal out of it since pin trading was new... And as cool as ever, I should add.

I /did/ buy the core set before trading for that Draken, so I could actually do trades, but I consider Draken my first Pin.

Take a look at my pins
  • agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Aus set from PAX AUS 2013, managed to trade a pin with Mike and not Jerry, did the reverse at PAX AUS 2014, and then the bug really bit hard! :P

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Kitty Kemper almost got me...it put pins on my radar. But pin #1 for me was the Talent Pipes. I acquired it at PAX Prime 2014, from the Geek Chic booth...I even remember the placement of the booth on the skybridge corner. I made an excited noise that no grown lady should make and promptly pranced across the skybridge to the booth and bought myself one. It has a permanent place on my Kemper lanyard to this day.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Merch 1.0 2012 PA store christmas sale.

FROM THE VERY BEGINNING

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh man. My first pins were the East '14 show set and the East Shield, then immediately after my first trade happened when I gave Amy of Strip Search fame a shield for two Strip Search pins! Ahhh fond memories.

• purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    My first was the East 13 set and the core set, plus the merch pin. I acquired multiple Chandra pins soon after. I had purchased an extra East 13 set and stupidly traded it away. I traded the Kemper for Zombie Tycho when I ran into Tycho doing the prank. I traded the Gabe away to Gabe during the signing to acquire CTS. I eventually found an enforcer with the Pinny Logo pin and traded away my Tycho for that. The East 13 logo? I traded that away on the forums in order to acquire the Mega Man 25th anniversary pin I missed out on. God I wish I go back in time in slap myself. Should have held onto the extra !3 set and bought another core set for trading. Who knew right?

• PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    First pin I purchased was the Carl LE when that dropped, bought two of them. Shortly after was PAX Aus '14 and I tumbled headlong into the rabbit hole from there...

PAX_Skeletor on
  • hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular
    My first pin purchase was the core set which I brought to PAX east 2013 for trade. On Friday, I lined up early for the main theatre to get a seat - I was less interested in storytime than a good seat for the Q&A. I was first in the line, when a group that had been waiting at the wrong place anxiously approached and wrung their hands at the already long line, With the blessing of those behind me, I let them in front. I didn't get to know them, but they were pin traders. While we waited, Jamie walked by, and they started talking with her, and she mentioned she was already busy and wasn't trading right then. I stepped forward, with my lanyard and a sad face, and asked, 'So, you're not trading now?" She looked at me, looked at my lanyard, then swung around her bag, and traded the staff pin (PA Logo) to me. My first trade - Jamie is always a class act.

• MadkineMadkine AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The first pin I ordered was the Carl kickstarter pin. A little while after that I signed up to Club PA and then once I got my discount code bought at least one of everything that was available in the store.

So for me the pin that started it I still don't actually have possession of. :)

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    My first set was Aus '13, and I am lamenting I didn't buy more than three. One for me, one for my dad, and one because I started trading away the first set I bought for myself, haha. The pin I consider my OG though is Handheld Gabe, I traded a piece of my Aus '13 set to a staff member (can't remember which one), then traded it to @fishfishmonkeyhat for an Ellie, then eventually got it back (I like to believe it's the same pin) from @grgemonkey because he is a delight.

• surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I bought both Core 1.0 and the East set at East 2013. I believe I traded away all of the Core set (and then bought another online), but my original East 2013 set is still in my display.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    First prime that had pins I was all over that. Don't remember exactly which was my first pin.

I was SO upset when it was east that got the first pins, thinking they'd never bring them to prime. So glad it became a thing.

• krovekkrovek Registered User regular
    first pax i went to was south 2015 and i got tychos helmet head from talking to him at the tabletop show area

• timmywiltimmywil Chattanooga, TNRegistered User regular
    I think my first pin was Leeroy. My battle cry was "I hate cats!"

• dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    Bought a core 1.0 set before Prime 2014 -- but mainly just did it as a decoration and didn't intend on going 'the pin thing' at the show. I consider my first real pin to be Sunset Overdrive AKA Fizzy, which I got from the MS photo booth first thing that Friday.

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    My first was the Hearthstone Cards. Won it as a prize at a local HS tournament.

• LXAKA1287LXAKA1287 Freelancer Akron, OHRegistered User regular
    I think like many of you guys, started at a PAX. I had gone into my first ever PAX, PAX East 2014, knowing I wanted to get into it a bit. I had been a fan of Disney pins, so decided to collect Pinny Arcade Pins to commemorate the trip. Got the Core 1.0 Set, Acquisitions Inc. Set, East 2014 Set, and the 14 East LE. I think I picked up some other pins throughout the show, but I was pretty tame my first year.

At PAX East 2015, I may have been a bit on the crazier side, trying to track down as many pins as possible. I remember trying to trade people leaving the Heroes of the Storm line for their Twitch Glitches, to no avail.

East 14/15/16/17/18/19 - South 17/18/19

I'm on Pinny Pals! - Find Me here!
    I swear I'm not a completionist!
  • Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I was not a big pin collector before all this started, and got some pins on a whim to commemorate the occasion.
    When i got home however, I found that my very first pin, was the Aus shield misprint in 2014.

Needless to say, that instantly got me hooked and i've been a slave to the system ever since.
    Damm you rare pinny's!

• XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Merch 1.0 2012 PA store christmas sale.

FROM THE VERY BEGINNING

Same! Was already an East regular so I was excited to dive in ASAP.

(Coincidentally I've traded all four away at this point. Only the lanyard survives!)

Xenigma on
    Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
    Anyone I know would tell you my collecting habbits are....obsessive, to say the least. If I ever started a collection (and there have been many) I've always attempted to finish the set. Something very satisfying about completing an entire collection. For the foreseeable future I hope to be a 100% "hardcore" collector until it's physically impossible.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Looks like the earliest order I can find was the Twisp & Catsby set, back in August of 2013. So I can only assume that's my entry point.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    AUS 2013 set.

Also, nice to see you on the forums @merchmistress

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think it must have been the merch 1.0 when I bought the AUS 13 set?

Depends which they put in the bag first I guess.

• merchmistressmerchmistress Registered User regular
    Senno wrote: »
    AUS 2013 set.

I try to lurk in here a post only creepy things. :biggrin:

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Senno wrote: »
    AUS 2013 set.

I try to lurk in here a post only creepy things. :biggrin:

Naturally.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Merch 2012, Christmas bonus edition.

• Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    It's a toss up for me, it would either have been an Elspeth or a Second Sun pin, got both from the booths but as I didn't collect pins yet they went into a box. Have since found the Elspeth and it's in the display, but never did find the Second Sun pin again, it must be somewhere in my house still.

PedroAsani wrote: »
    Merch 2012, Christmas bonus edition.

Hardcore to the end, Brother. *fist bump*

8fuuo_RK.png
  • evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Aus Chandra from Pax Aus 2013 :)
    Didn't start collecting much until the following year though. Also, hi MM!

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • limedragonflylimedragonfly Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Aus '13 Set. Didn't manage to get the trading bug until Aus '14 though :P. First trade was with Gabe, Aus '14 for his Broodax Gabe :biggrin:

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Mine was Hannah. I ADORED the Daughters comics and when I heard the pin was being sold at a certain time... a part of me died inside. I was working part time at that point and it fell right after my lunch hour. When the time came to go to lunch, there was a rush and so I was 10 min late clocking out and so I had a 5 minute period towards the end of my lunch hour where I sat on a milkcrate outside next to the trashcan refreshing my phone like mad. They sold out in about 5 min but I got one.

And I was hooked for life.

• CrazyspacemanCrazyspaceman Registered User regular
    I talked about this at the East panel! I started with the East '13 set cause I have a weird attachment to the FF, I traded the other 3 from that core set away that PAX for the 3 pins you had to trade for. Then at East '14 I traded my original FF to Brian for a staff pin and ended up chasing him down to get it back.

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    The first pins I bought were the core set at PAX South 2015. I also got a few pins at PAX South 2016, but just the core, LE, and a few staff I stumbled upon.

I wasn't really into collecting them until earlier in the year when I bought a Splatter Annarchy online. Now I am hooked...lol

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • mightyh0bbesmightyh0bbes Subterranean Arcadian SeattleRegistered User regular
    Pretty straight forward, PAX Prime 2013 set. Didn't collect on Friday or Saturday but Sunday I got bit by the bug. Had 30 pins by the end of the show (not counting my [E] pin ;) ).

www.paxsignaturegenerator.com:8080/signature.png
  • EseellEseell Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Either DLC or Merch 1.0; I don't remember if I was in on the Christmas frenzy that year, but probably I was.

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    2013. Didn't really care about them. Only paid for 1. Ended up going home with over 20 thru trades and lines. Couldn't tell you what the very first one I got my hands on was... Probably Second Sons or Wildstar.

• merchmistressmerchmistress Registered User regular
    Hazels first pin was the exploding kittens Pig Unicorn. Thank you Fayt! She says 'wow-uh' when she sees it. Also, she is a pro at stealing pins off lanyards. I'm so proud.