As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Even Worse Joke Thread

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Have a look at The Monkeys You Ordered, a site dedicated to re-captioning New Yorker cartoons with extremely literal punchlines.

Your enjoyment of it is very much going to be determined by whether or not you are amused by things that are so unfunny they wrap back around to being funny.

Why can't I stop laughing at this
    tumblr_nn4husDSin1qceynno1_1280.jpg
    "This Room is Full of Magicians!"

I feel like these are probably funnier if you actually read the original strips first.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I think you could originally click on them and they'd take you to the original but the New Yorker changed up so they don't anymore

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    How does Harry Potter get down a hill?
    By walking
    jk rowling

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Hold the door open for your friendly neighborhood clown.

Its a nice Jester.

• WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    What did Kim Jong Un say when his dad died?
    His korea is over!

Why can't dinosaurs talk?
    Because they're dead.

I'd like to get a job washing mirrors.
    It's something I could really see myself doing.

What's E.T. short for?
    Cuz he's got such tiny little legs!

What do you call a broken can opener?
    A can't opener

What do you call an alligator that wears a vest?
    An investigator

I've decided to sell my vacuum.
    All it does is collect dust

I hate matryoshka dolls, don't you?
    They're so full of themselves.

WordLust on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Horrible, just... horrible

Platy on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    black_hole.png

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    I used to be against organ transplant.

But then I changed my mind.

I bought a new car with a manual transmission. I figured something was horribly wrong when it started changing gears by itself. But when I brought it into the mechanic he just looks at me and says, "Sometimes, shift happens."

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I think you could originally click on them and they'd take you to the original but the New Yorker changed up so they don't anymore

tumblr_lpmdvyvi0d1qat5d5.png

"We packed water and dead fish instead of clothes."

I don't even want to know the original, this is perfect

Edit: This one too

tumblr_ln9k9lPDqx1qat5d5.png

"I should quit smoking."

Didgeridoo on
    I studied hard to be a historian but there wasn't a future in it for me.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    That one hits a bit too close to home for me.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    facetious wrote: »
    That one hits a bit too close to home for me.

At first I felt bad for you, but then I noticed you were just being facetious.

edited May 2016
    This one taken from real life. A conversation this morning:

A: *sends animated gif of an octopus-shaped kite*

B: OH MY GOD I WANT ONE. It's like a Cthulhu kite!

A: Definitely. By the way, "cthulhu kite" is also a polite thing to say after somebody sneezes.

WordLust on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    People say I suffer from soap addiction, but I'm clean now.

People say I suffer from soap addiction, but I'm clean now.

That's a lye.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I saw all these little envelopes pop up on Facebook when I was browsing with my phone.

Like, someone would post a sassy status, like, "And then I kicked him to the curb!" and there'd be an envelope.

And I was like, did they send him out in an envelope? Is that envelope full of sass? Is it a sarcastic envelope? I don't know how I should be reading that envelope.

But it kept popping up. Like, on the Cake political page (also, for fuck's sake, people, they have a page for their opinions and they have a page for their music and this gets pointed out every time John McRea posts something libertarian) John McRea would post a libertarian article and just one word. "Thoughts?"

And then people would be like, "I liked you guys when you made music!" Envelope. Was there hatred in this envelope? Were there receipts that they are using to show that Cake used to be a band in that envelope?

And it KEPT popping up. Again and again. "Going to Vegas." Envelope. (Clothes in that envelope? Gambling money in that envelope? Plane tickets in that envelope?)

"Got sick at work. Heading home." Envelope. (Prescription in that envelope? Doctor's note in that envelope? Sickness? In that envelope?)

It was breaking my sanity. I googled it. Nothing. Nothing on the know your meme page about envelopes on Facebook. Nothing on Facebook about envelopes on Facebook envelopes. Nothing.

I was at lunch with a friend yesterday, and I asked him.

"Hey, what's with all the envelopes you posted on your wife's status?"

"What?"

I pulled my phone out.

"She said, 'We should be at the beach and she posted a tiny wineglass, and then you posted tiny pictures of, 'beer glass, beer glass, martini glass, cocktail glass, envelope, beer glass, envelope, martini glass, margarita glass, envelope, smiley face, and then a heart."

I handed my phone over.

"Oh. Those aren't envelopes.

"They're emojis that aren't supported by your phone."

Envelope.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hahaha, that's so ✉️

steam_sig.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I saw all these little envelopes pop up on Facebook when I was browsing with my phone.

Like, someone would post a sassy status, like, "And then I kicked him to the curb!" and there'd be an envelope.

And I was like, did they send him out in an envelope? Is that envelope full of sass? Is it a sarcastic envelope? I don't know how I should be reading that envelope.

But it kept popping up. Like, on the Cake political page (also, for fuck's sake, people, they have a page for their opinions and they have a page for their music and this gets pointed out every time John McRea posts something libertarian) John McRea would post a libertarian article and just one word. "Thoughts?"

And then people would be like, "I liked you guys when you made music!" Envelope. Was there hatred in this envelope? Were there receipts that they are using to show that Cake used to be a band in that envelope?

And it KEPT popping up. Again and again. "Going to Vegas." Envelope. (Clothes in that envelope? Gambling money in that envelope? Plane tickets in that envelope?)

"Got sick at work. Heading home." Envelope. (Prescription in that envelope? Doctor's note in that envelope? Sickness? In that envelope?)

It was breaking my sanity. I googled it. Nothing. Nothing on the know your meme page about envelopes on Facebook. Nothing on Facebook about envelopes on Facebook envelopes. Nothing.

"What?"

I pulled my phone out.

"She said, 'We should be at the beach and she posted a tiny wineglass, and then you posted tiny pictures of, 'beer glass, beer glass, martini glass, cocktail glass, envelope, beer glass, envelope, martini glass, margarita glass, envelope, smiley face, and then a heart."

I handed my phone over.

Envelope.

Captain Holt?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    edited May 2016

'beer glass, beer glass, martini glass, cocktail glass, envelope, beer glass, envelope, martini glass, margarita glass, envelope, smiley face, and then a heart."

Envelope.

And then the doctor said, "You know, MalReynolds, I think you're obsessed with envelopes."

And MalReynolds said, "Hey, you're the one drawing all the dirty pictures."

HA HA HA HA HA HA

WordLust on
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

"What?"

I pulled my phone out.

I handed my phone over.

Envelope.

Captain Holt?

ONE CAN SEE WHY THIS WAS UPSETTING ME

zodF56Gl.jpg?1

Like I thought, "These are either envelopes or windows. Why would they be windows?"

Envelopes are the obvious choice because they can mean so many things

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It took me a while to figure out that you were talking about those little unsupported emoji symbols, actually

I've never seen those as being envelopes before

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    And then ANOTHER box with a question mark

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Straightzi wrote: »
    It took me a while to figure out that you were talking about those little unsupported emoji symbols, actually

I think my main thinking on this was, I typically browse Facebook on my computer, where all the emojis load, so it didn't even cross my mind that there would be unsupported icons on the phone. It just didn't scan that these were phone specific emojis on Facebook. So I thought it was like, a new emoji trend.

And the worst part was, when I would try and explain it to people, I'd say, "Why are there so many envelopes on Facebook all of a sudden?" and people would look at me like I'm a crazy person. Like, I spent a good fifteen minutes on my laptop trying to find those envelopes to show to a friend but none would pop up and I was just like, "Huh, must be a slow time for those envelopes!"

"Why are there so many envelopes on Facebook, Will?"

"What are you talking about, Gettings?"

"Envelopes. Everywhere. On every post."

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I think my main thinking on this was, I typically browse Facebook on my computer, where all the emojis load, so it didn't even cross my mind that there would be unsupported icons on the phone. It just didn't scan that these were phone specific emojis on Facebook. So I thought it was like, a new emoji trend.

And the worst part was, when I would try and explain it to people, I'd say, "Why are there so many envelopes on Facebook all of a sudden?" and people would look at me like I'm a crazy person. Like, I spent a good fifteen minutes on my laptop trying to find those envelopes to show to a friend but none would pop up and I was just like, "Huh, must be a slow time for those envelopes!"

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/02/04

steam_sig.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah I've never actually had the problem on Facebook, which is part of it for me. I don't really use Facebook on my phone much though. So I've had it with text messages and stuff, and I just shrug my shoulders because I'm not really an emoji person anyways.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Glad you licked that mystery.

Back in my day we had to walk ten miles in the snow uphill both ways to get an emoji AND WE LIKED IT!!!

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Why is Christopher Eccleston scared of Paul McGann?
    Because McGann Hurt Eccleston

BLM - ACAB
  • SeolSeol Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Why is Christopher Eccleston scared of Paul McGann?
    Because McGann Hurt Eccleston
    I immediately read that as a variation on "why is six afraid of seven" but the numbers didn't quite line up and of course the War Doctor confounds numbering anyway and it was just.... niggling.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    If wombs are pronounced "wooms" and tombs are pronounced "tooms", shouldn't bombs be pronounced "booms"?

What did the grape say when it was stepped on?
    Nothing, it just gave out a little wine

Why was the soldier pinned down?
    He was under a tack

I don't trust stairs. They're always up to something.

I only used to watch the Sean Connery 007 films, but then I was advised to diversify my bonds.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    What do you get if you toss a hand grenade into a french kitchen?
    Linoleum Blownapart

WordLust wrote: »
    Linoleum Blownapart

Oh my god

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »
    Linoleum Blownapart

Fuckin' mad bants bruv!

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I was gonna go with "a whole mess of Frog legs"

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    A lot of bread.
    Pain. Of chocolate. You know.

Jokes that require explaining are the best.

pimento wrote: »
    A lot of bread.
    Pain. Of chocolate. You know.

Jokes that require explaining are the best.

Well I refuse to ask!

I guess the joke's on you!

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    How do you drown a hipster?
    Throw him into the mainstream.

How did the hipster burn his mouth?

He ate his pizza before it was cool.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Why do hipster musicians make such great burglers?
    Because you've never heard them.

This discussion has been closed.