As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Grand Unified Thread for [Game of Thrones] (Book spoiler guidelines in OP)

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    About the episode ending
    I don't think present Bran warged into Hodor, I think past Bran warged into Wyllis releasing him from the mental cage that trapped him in Hodor in the present. Because of magic time loop shenanigans.

That wasn't Hodor holding the door, it was Wyllis.

That can't be the case.
    Because he was already warged into Hodor having him pull him through the caves prior to Wylis getting the warged eyes and doing the hold the door thing.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I am happy to be watching this show in real time, but I am also jealous of future people that will just get to binge watch the whole series and not deal with this excruciating wait.

Don't you think it kind of lessens the impact of everything though? Like, the big things that happened this week feel so big, partially because we just have to sit with them for a while.

The watercooler talk is fun, but my personality is such that I really get sucked into stories and want to see how they end. Ripping through three seasons of LOST before getting caught up was brutal for me.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    About the episode ending
    I don't think present Bran warged into Hodor, I think past Bran warged into Wyllis releasing him from the mental cage that trapped him in Hodor in the present. Because of magic time loop shenanigans.

That wasn't Hodor holding the door, it was Wyllis.

Which means of course that Hodor is trapped in an eternal loop. Doomed to relive those years Hodor and Hodor again.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So I wonder if the uncle is the one who burned the ships in Meereen.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    It's going to be hilarious when murderous sea uncle rolls up to Dany in wooden ships and declares his desire to reave and conquer the world and he'll be nice enough to let her be his Queen.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    My assumption is that
    Theon and Yara are going to go to Mereen themselves. 'Hey miss Dragonlady, we'll give you the ships you need to come to westeros. Our side of the bargain is that you kill the bastard that killed our father while you're burninating everything.'

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    A coworker is watching the series for the first time. Bronn just
    lit the wildfire in Blackwater.

After seeing his reaction...man, I would give anything to be able to go back and watch this show with fresh eyes. I can only hope I'm in the office when he gets to
    the Red Wedding.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Someone just told me that the kids who play Myrcella and Tommen are dating IRL. I don't know if it's true but if it is, that's hilarious.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Someone just told me that the kids who play Myrcella and Tommen are dating IRL. I don't know if it's true but if it is, that's hilarious.

Typical lannisters

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    That is so method

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Dammit GoT

Just finished the most recent episode

Just

dammit

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Dammit GoT

Just finished the most recent episode

Just

dammit

The door sends his regards.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    It's going to be hilarious when murderous sea uncle rolls up to Dany in wooden ships and declares his desire to reave and conquer the world and he'll be nice enough to let her be his Queen.

Book Spoiler
    I wouldn't mind if Euron replaces Quentyn's part. "Gallavanting" over to Daenarys like he owns the place and can do no wrong, and get bathed in dragon fire.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    I think they're going to be smart enough to keep it direct. Theon and his sister will just steal Eurons plan and head for Danny. Theon will then be conflicted about the fact that Dany wants to kill the starks too and there is your conflict. Tyrion will help resolve it over the next season, just in time for Dany to arrive in Westeros, take Jon as her consort and save the day. Hurrah.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Rhah wrote: »
    Seal wrote: »

Book Spoiler
    I wouldn't mind if Euron replaces Quentyn's part. "Gallavanting" over to Daenarys like he owns the place and can do no wrong, and get bathed in dragon fire.

While I would love to see this happen, if only for the conclusion of that arc, I feel like we've accelerated her storyline past where this makes sense.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    I think they're going to be smart enough to keep it direct. Theon and his sister will just steal Eurons plan and head for Danny. Theon will then be conflicted about the fact that Dany wants to kill the starks too and there is your conflict. Tyrion will help resolve it over the next season, just in time for Dany to arrive in Westeros, take Jon as her consort and save the day. Hurrah.

No!

Stop shipping them god dammit!

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Kit Harrington is actually dating Rose Leslie (the chick who played Ygritte).

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »

That's just adorable. It's like they shipped their characters so hard they made it true.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

That's just adorable. It's like they shipped their characters so hard they made it true.

Now I'm running off to see if either Tormund or Brienne's actos are married in real life (both single, Gwendoline rumored to be dating some fashion designer)

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Of all the episodes they're apologizing for, it's this one?!

(potential spoiler in URL)

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

It seems fairly common for actors who do a lot of romantic scenes together to end up dating at least for a little while

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    okay, wow.

stuff that is not a TV spoiler but is now a future book spoiler: Like, if you don't want to know about nything that happens in the next book, even if it happened on the show, do not read:
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/24/george-rr-martin-3-twists-game-thrones

apparently shireen being burned at the stake by Stannis is direct from GRRM as of two years ago, as was the Hodor thing, and supposedly one more thing for the very end of the story.

So confirmation that Stannis falls that hard too in the books. huh.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Yea, that feels like a huge distance from where he was when last we saw him. Not sure how to get to there from here.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Yea, that feels like a huge distance from where he was when last we saw him. Not sure how to get to there from here.
    I could see Selyse doing it behind his back. Stannis is afield, recall, while she, Mel, and Shireen are back at Castle Black; and I seem to recall one of her men being the one WunWun named George. So she's definitely going to be on the asshole-side of the current uprising, and it wouldn't shock me for her to do it.

That would break Stannis, leading to a similar defeat, and stay true to character.

• Options
    I could see Selyse doing it behind his back. Stannis is afield, recall, while she, Mel, and Shireen are back at Castle Black; and I seem to recall one of her men being the one WunWun named George. So she's definitely going to be on the asshole-side of the current uprising, and it wouldn't shock me for her to do it.

That would break Stannis, leading to a similar defeat, and stay true to character.
    As well as confirming the show runner do not understand what the fuck they're doing with the characters.

Though yeah, as you lay it out, I could see Selyse doing it.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

As well as confirming the show runner do not understand what the fuck they're doing with the characters.

Though yeah, as you lay it out, I could see Selyse doing it.
    There was no reason for the showrunners to also not go that route re: Selyse doing it

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

It was super jarring, given their portrayal on the show, to discover that he's actually two years older than her (18 and 16 respectively).

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    So according to this article on Mashable, if anything happens to Tommen,
    Cersei
    is the next in line for the throne by law

http://mashable.com/2016/05/03/game-thrones-heir/?utm_cid=p-fb-traff#lHxBPJzBTRqW#L58hBYQ2.uqt

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular

I think burning Shireen is absolutely in Stannis's character. He's going to make the hard choices right up until it's cost him everything.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Here's the thing.., I could maybe see making that sacrifice if you think the world is ending if you don't.

But does she need to be concious? Couldn't you like drug her so she's sleeping then do it?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Cersei

http://mashable.com/2016/05/03/game-thrones-heir/?utm_cid=p-fb-traff#lHxBPJzBTRqW#L58hBYQ2.uqt

eh (some a World of Ice and Fire stuff)
    The theory takes into account genealogy without acknowledging the "No girls allowed" rules in inheriting the throne. In the World of Ice and Fire anthology it describes that "According to Archmaester Gyldayn, in the eyes of many, the council of 101 AC established an iron precedent on matters of succession: that the Iron Throne could not pass to a woman, or to a male descendant of a woman."

If they're not physically capable of identifying the last remaining Baratheon, the realm will have a Great Council like they did in 101 AC and 233 AC to see who inherits, and I doubt the outcome would be Cersei.

And if you do allow for the possibility for the throne to pass to a woman, the next in line would probably be Margaery, but would really be determined by who has the biggest army. Probably still Margaery/Loras/Mace

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Cersei

eh (some a World of Ice and Fire stuff)
    The theory takes into account genealogy without acknowledging the "No girls allowed" rules in inheriting the throne. In the World of Ice and Fire anthology it describes that "According to Archmaester Gyldayn, in the eyes of many, the council of 101 AC established an iron precedent on matters of succession: that the Iron Throne could not pass to a woman, or to a male descendant of a woman."

If they're not physically capable of identifying the last remaining Baratheon, the realm will have a Great Council like they did in 101 AC and 233 AC to see who inherits, and I doubt the outcome would be Cersei.

And if you do allow for the possibility for the throne to pass to a woman, the next in line would probably be Margaery, but would really be determined by who has the biggest army. Probably still Margaery/Loras/Mace

Yeah it all depends on how next week goes.
    If she is left standing alone, with or without Tommen, her and Jamie (the Lannisters) are going to take over Kings Landing until the oncoming war between all the factions still out there.

Edit: And by take over I mean I could easily see them purging the city of all enemies, absolving the small council and basically making sure that Tommen/Cersei's will is not questioned again.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Typical lannisters
    So Robert Barathian, seems like the only person he didn't impregnate was Cersei Lannister. You'd think at least one out of three would have been his.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

Typical lannisters
    So Robert Barathian, seems like the only person he didn't impregnate was Cersei Lannister. You'd think at least one out of three would have been his.

In season one episode two Cersei tells Cat about her firstborn with brown hair who died of fever.

This child is never referred to again.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Typical lannisters

In season one episode two Cersei tells Cat about her firstborn with brown hair who died of fever.

also (i think books?)
    I am pretty sure Cersei was knocked up more than a few times and "took care of it" out of spite, so that the Baratheon Bloodline on the throne died with him.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

Typical lannisters

also (i think books?)
    I am pretty sure Cersei was knocked up more than a few times and "took care of it" out of spite, so that the Baratheon Bloodline on the throne died with him.
    Yep, as well as actively trying to prevent getting pregnant. "When he did show up in my bed sober enough to do the deed, I finished him off in other ways"

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Book Spoiler
    Doesn't she burn down the tower of the hand?

Between time since I've read and the unreliability of the narrator at that point all the kings landing stuff is kind of a blur

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Book Spoiler
    Doesn't she burn down the tower of the hand?

Between time since I've read and the unreliability of the narrator at that point all the kings landing stuff is kind of a blur
    yes she does - it is also one of the checks in my box of the twin lannisters being secret targs; cersei is definitely a bad coin flip, as was joffrey.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    GRRM made a big blog post about that Stannis stuff after it happened so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't end up happening. Or maybe it just happens differently.

Book stuff
    Shireen is still at the wall in the books, and Stannis is about to fight the Boltons. So if Stannis burns her, it would happen after that battle. I think the more likely thing is that Melissandre burns her at the wall without Stannis's permission. Davos isn't at the wall in the books, and Jon will be dead. I think Val said at one point that Shireen should be killed because Val's afraid of her infecting others with greyscale. So it might be that Val + Mel take control of the wall after Jon's death and do some dark shit.

Smurph on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Smurph wrote: »
    GRRM made a big blog post about that Stannis stuff after it happened so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't end up happening. Or maybe it just happens differently.

Book stuff
    Shireen is still at the wall in the books, and Stannis is about to fight the Boltons. So if Stannis burns her, it would happen after that battle. I think the more likely thing is that Melissandre burns her at the wall without Stannis's permission. Davos isn't at the wall in the books, and Jon will be dead. I think Val said at one point that Shireen should be killed because Val's afraid of her infecting others with greyscale. So it might be that Val + Mel take control of the wall after Jon's death and do some dark shit.

Speculation related to above:
    Melisandre's best magic requires royal blood. Bringing Jon back seems like it shouldn't be so easy. Shireen is burned to bring back Jon?

VishNub on
This discussion has been closed.