As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Ark: Survival Evolved] Current PA Server Closing 6/6, Long Live the New Server

1484950515254»

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ok, uploaded all my dinos, BP's and building materials I'll need. And logged out at Kals place. And there my lifeless body shall stay until the end of the world party.

EDIT: Also! All my doors and cabinets/etc are unlocked. Anyone's free to grab anything they want that's left, I already uploaded what I'll need.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DedmanWalkinDedmanWalkin Registered User regular
    I just recently was able to upgrade my computer to be able to run this. Good thing a new server is on the way. Looking forward to dying a bunch of times with you guys.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    7hPJElP.png?1

Redwoods.

Also it's confirmed they want to bring them into the Center map, on a new landmass somewhere in the south, probably.

Speaking of the Center, be glad we haven't moved yet because there are some hilarious spawn bugs going on atm.

QNzZGMj.jpg?1

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Are those all fucking alpha rexes?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Oh shit. You gotta pull back man. Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Are those all fucking alpha rexes?

For that guy, yes. There are also reports of maps covered in Gigas.

If there is any hint of these issues still happening when I launch the server, I will be changing the configs so we don't get Alphas or Giga until it's sorted.

There was also a really nasty ocean population issue which I think is the reason a bunch of Official Center servers are getting wiped. (I had a similar problem but was able to reset the server to fix it because nobody is on yet).

• Options
    azhaisazhais Registered User regular
    I, for one, welcome our new alpha rex overlords

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Next patch got a new note:
    Upcoming Version: v242, ETA: May 30
    - New Creature: Diplodocus!
    - New Creature: Leech!
    - New Mechanic: Permanent Diseases & Cures (Player-Contagious Swamp Fever!!!!)
    - Biome Update: Snow Extension & New Redwood Forests (this is a major environmental overhaul!)
    - Tribe Groups Phase 2: Support for Limited Non-Admin Invites & Promotions/Demotions per Group! Also "Prevent Dino Unclaiming" checkbox, and other new per-Rank options.
    - Dragon Arena
    - Ruins & Explorer Notes
    - Added option for PvE Servers to disable building around critical resource node regions
    - Added server option to override per-Item Crafting costs
    - Added server option to override the loot tables for each kind of supply crate
    - Added server option to limit number of members in Tribes. Default: no limit.
    - Added 'Follow Range' ( Low/Medium/Far) Setting Per Tamed Dino
    - Multi-Seat Saddles (Galli, Diplodocus, etc) Dinos now have an option to Enable Public Seating. Dino Taxi service, ahoy!!!
    BY GRABTHAR'S HAMMER, THIS WILL RELEASE!!!!! :
    - Breeding Mechanics Phase 2 (Random Mutations, Family Trees, & Interactive Baby Raising)
    [MORE NOTES TO COME]

https://i.imgur.com/yCMwVpu.gif
    I hope it's okay to post animated gifs on the forum.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    @MuddBudd - size limit is 500k and your image is 1.5 MB, so you're better off removing or linking it.

• Options
    m!ttens wrote: »
    @MuddBudd - size limit is 500k and your image is 1.5 MB, so you're better off removing or linking it.

ah, got it. Linked then.

• Options
    So the real advantage to that follow distance thing is so that that stupid ptera doesn't fly right in front of your quetz and stop like an asshole.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    So the real advantage to that follow distance thing is so that that stupid ptera doesn't fly right in front of your quetz and stop like an asshole.

Ideally it also means that you can prevent your rexes from trying to mount your mammoths on follow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    azhais wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »

Ideally it also means that you can prevent your rexes from trying to mount your mammoths on follow.

Or your spinos from shoving their face in your mounts ass.

• Options
    Those are bad things?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, my computer is being dumb today. If anyone happens to be on today, could someone give a quick check to the guys I still couldn't caravan to the obelisk, see if they need to be fed? I still have my most valuable spino and my only two paracers there.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Where is your place? I should probably feed my bird anyway

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Drascin wrote: »
    Well, my computer is being dumb today. If anyone happens to be on today, could someone give a quick check to the guys I still couldn't caravan to the obelisk, see if they need to be fed? I still have my most valuable spino and my only two paracers there.

The two troughs I saw were empty. I dropped a couple stacks of cooked meat and berries in each but the meat was devoured immediately. I'll drop a bit more off in a few.

Edit: Ok, all the bellies are full and there's some stacks to keep them going. I can stop by tomorrow evening and throw in some more if you need it.

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Hmm. We're fast approaching the point of the last meal that idle dinos will need to eat before the world ends. That's approximately a week from full belly to starvation right?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Hmm. We're fast approaching the point of the last meal that idle dinos will need to eat before the world ends. That's approximately a week from full belly to starvation right?

That heavily depends on their food stat, to be honest. Some rexes can last multiple months without being fed before dying of hunger. Most smaller dinos, like pachy/raptor totally still needs to be fed about every week.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Well, great.

All the items I uploaded to the Obelisk are gone... I hit some sort of limit or cap (or bug) and suddenly everything vanished. @Kalnaur you had something like this once, right?

My dinos are fine, but no items.

-edit-

Alright, dinos I care about uploaded, took screenshots to inventory the rare BPs and kibble and stuff, the rest I will just have to ballpark guess what I had in there.

Once I can get my dinos offloaded somewhere safe I can wipe my profile to fix it. After vacation. And once the new server is going.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Well, great.

All the items I uploaded to the Obelisk are gone... I hit some sort of limit or cap (or bug) and suddenly everything vanished. @Kalnaur you had something like this once, right?

My dinos are fine, but no items.

-edit-

Alright, dinos I care about uploaded, took screenshots to inventory the rare BPs and kibble and stuff, the rest I will just have to ballpark guess what I had in there.

Once I can get my dinos offloaded somewhere safe I can wipe my profile to fix it. After vacation. And once the new server is going.

Something like this happened to me... hopefully its the same thing.

If it is, your items should be visible/retrievable from a single-player Game. It seem the online Obelisk has an visual item limit of some sort.

If they aren't there in a single-player game, your file Obelisk file might've been corrupted, which only (or can only?) effect your stored items, not dinosaurs... this also happened to me and required me to remove all my stored dino's safely into my single-player game and then delete a save file of some type, sorry i don't remember off the top of my head but if you google corrupted Obelisk or similar you should find it.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    I guess I should log in and move stuff to a cabinet in single player then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Did you log on a different computer?

Obelisk stuff is stored locally

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Yeah, that bug is the reason that as soon as items were uploaded, they were immediately downloaded in singleplayer. So All I had to worry about was a dilo eating my body on the server while I filled cabinets and fridges.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    I'll check my singleplayer map.

• Options