As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] It's High Nerf

EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes UpRegistered User regular
edited June 2016 in Social Entropy++
Overwatch is a multiplayer shooter by Blizzard. I probably don't have to tell you that though, because everyone and their grandmother played the beta.

Anyway, now it's out! This thread will be full of cool fanart and Plays of the Game, along with, I don't know, Bastion Plays of the Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB5zlHMsM7k

Overwatch!
Vivixenne wrote: »

Etchwarts on

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the SE++ group the last few nights really farms

capped it off with three straight super fast wins

and i picked up winston. i dont like him more than reinhardt, but sometimes you need options

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Overwatch is a good game that everyone should play

Even if you are shit at shooters, such as I am

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Overwatch is a good game that everyone should play

Even if you are shit at shooters, such as I am

I think the highest praise I can give Overwatch is that in my limited beta experience, I did not find a single character I didn't have fun playing as

They all feel great and useful!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    me and some other PAers had a match against a team that was going all lucio, and then all one hero+lucio, and we respected that, but then the next map they went all 4 reinhardt, 1 bastion and 1 lucio and that was just totally against the spirit of things

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Also I uh

I bought XCOM Enemy Unknown real cheap for 360 last night because they added it to the BC list for Xbox One

I hadn't turned my One on in...a couple months or so, so imagine my surprise when I couldn't insert the disc because The Division was in there

"I thought I sold this a while ago," I thought to myself, and headed to GameStop today, sold it and got a $20 PSN card

I may or may not have spent that found PSN cash on Overwatch loot boxes, and by that I mean I totally did and don't even care

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I have this on the xbox now I'm playing as the rocket lady mainly it's pretty fun

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    me and some other PAers had a match against a team that was going all lucio, and then all one hero+lucio, and we respected that, but then the next map they went all 4 reinhardt, 1 bastion and 1 lucio and that was just totally against the spirit of things

AND they bragged about it!

although I have to admit... 4 reinhardts + 1 bastion + a healer is actually... not a bad strat in general on that particular map.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    oh my god how do I play this game PUGs are worst

someone buy me a PlayStation mic

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I guess my kinect was doing voice chat for me this whole time so a bunch of strangers definitely heard me call them a bunch of fucking idiots

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Interesting theory
    A little lore theory.

So Mercy is supposed to be a founding member of overwatch, along with Gabriel Reyes, Jack Morison, Torbjorn, Reinhardt and Pharaoh's mom, but her age is only 37, and she's very obviously much younger than the others. At first I just thought this was plot hole or oversight during production but I don't think so anymore.

A few days ago I was watching a videos detailing in match dialogue between character and Me I and Mercy had a couple interesting ones. For those that don't know mei's story is that back in the height of overwatch she was a field climatologist for overwatch, researching climate change in the Antarctic (I think), her research lab suffered a catastrophic breakdown that cut them off from the outside world and Me I as well as the rest of the staff had to resort to being cryofreezed. Mei was frozen for decades before being found and thawed out.

Anyway Mercy asks Mei how she hasn't seemed to age a day since they last met, and mei tells her what happened. When Mei asked mercy the same thing, Mercy changes the subject.

Mercy can also run into a Reaper and ask him what's happened to him, to which he replies "you tell me." Which could easily just be him saying "your a doctor, figure it out yourself." But it could imply that he thinks she should know something about his condition (rapid simultaneous degenerating and regenerating cells).

And lastly one of mercy's emotes has her check her own pulse, shake her head "no" and shrug.

I think Dr. Angela Zeigler died a long time ago, and is being kept "alive" by the technology that let's her seemingly raise the dead.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    I guess my kinect was doing voice chat for me this whole time so a bunch of strangers definitely heard me call them a bunch of fucking idiots

I'm pretty sure my headset is always on, near my feet

So they are likely hearing me say "come the fuck on" when they can't hold a spot until I get back there

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Aw yeah murdering people with the PA gang feels gooood. Blank, I'll definitely be down for Overwatch tomorrow.

I am bad at shooters but I'm getting way better with D.Va, which is lovely. I'm okay with the shooter mechanics and slowly improving, I actually shot people as Widowmaker tonight!

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    @Goose! something I noticed in your Junkrat potg vids: you don't have to type things like /group. When the chat prompt is open, just hit tab to cycle through the chats. Just in case you didn't know!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh cool, thanks vicio!

Also, T-Pain is on this Overwatch shit:

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Interesting theory
    A little lore theory.

So Mercy is supposed to be a founding member of overwatch, along with Gabriel Reyes, Jack Morison, Torbjorn, Reinhardt and Pharaoh's mom, but her age is only 37, and she's very obviously much younger than the others. At first I just thought this was plot hole or oversight during production but I don't think so anymore.

A few days ago I was watching a videos detailing in match dialogue between character and Me I and Mercy had a couple interesting ones. For those that don't know mei's story is that back in the height of overwatch she was a field climatologist for overwatch, researching climate change in the Antarctic (I think), her research lab suffered a catastrophic breakdown that cut them off from the outside world and Me I as well as the rest of the staff had to resort to being cryofreezed. Mei was frozen for decades before being found and thawed out.

Anyway Mercy asks Mei how she hasn't seemed to age a day since they last met, and mei tells her what happened. When Mei asked mercy the same thing, Mercy changes the subject.

Mercy can also run into a Reaper and ask him what's happened to him, to which he replies "you tell me." Which could easily just be him saying "your a doctor, figure it out yourself." But it could imply that he thinks she should know something about his condition (rapid simultaneous degenerating and regenerating cells).

And lastly one of mercy's emotes has her check her own pulse, shake her head "no" and shrug.

I think Dr. Angela Zeigler died a long time ago, and is being kept "alive" by the technology that let's her seemingly raise the dead.

She's not a founding member though.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    may I suggest that the player list from the other thread be included in the OP of this one?

I use it to check out the friend requests I get and make sure they are forumers and not randoms

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    also I have so much fun rolling with the Aussie PA crew, or at least the ones I know from PAXau, + @JoeUser aka Hammer Time

this game increases in fun exponentially just by playing with people you know

we need to get some more 6-man groups on the weekend cuz I don't even care if we lose those, I have so much fun playing with you guys

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Got the Car Wash achievement for Symmetra today. Baited a Pharah into a hallway. Good times!

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    So about that Genji reflect POTG from yesterday.......(not my edit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr_suYHTL6M

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I got the achievement for knocking someone off a ledge with Pharah and I don't even know when it happened, which makes me kind of sad

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I'm getting a lot better with Hanzo. Or maybe I'm just lucky. But I am having way more luck with him than Widowmaker and I don't know why! He's not even hitscan! Logically I should doing worse because I suck at leading projectiles!

But the characters I am worst with remain Roadhog and Genji. And it's weird, because during the beta I thought I was okay with The Hog

These days I just can't hook for SHIT

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Two Reinhardts chaining ults is tough to crack, but we did it damn it.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Oh my god fuck all these randos

I cleared out the Temple of Anubis with D.vas ult and the rest of them were too goddamn stupid playing three Pharahs and two Reapers to capitalize on it

You deserve that fucking loss

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Just realized that McCree's belt buckle says BAMF and now he's the worst character

His legendary skins don't have it but they look bad otherwise (well, Mystery Man is alright. I could go for that one)

No

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    man you look at reaper and decide the bamf buckle is where you're drawin the line?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Reaper looks fine

Also Blackwatch Reyes is a cool skin

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    That belt buckle is completely incongruous with McCree's character

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    the SE++ group the last few nights really farms

capped it off with three straight super fast wins

and i picked up winston. i dont like him more than reinhardt, but sometimes you need options

Yeah games were super fun tonight. I had to bail to group up with a buddy of mine but I am definitely down for more games sometime.

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Just realized that McCree's belt buckle says BAMF and now he's the worst character

His legendary skins don't have it but they look bad otherwise (well, Mystery Man is alright. I could go for that one)

No

I think this was said already, but I'm with the group that thinks McCree is just saying (in a roundabout way) how much he loves Nightcrawler.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    had a really great time pubbing as torbjorn defending gebraltar yesterday

on the last point we had a symmetra defending the door that my turret was near and our teammates were actually watching our backs (imagine that), while I threw armor packs around as much as possible and ulted whenever the enemy made a push, wound up getting the most kills

potg went to a widowmaker but I'm not bitter because we were actually watching out for each other well

conversely I'm seriously bummed that I can't seem to get the hang of roadhog, since he's super similar to my main from SMNC back in the day

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    That belt buckle is completely incongruous with McCree's character

fucking sjws stop censoring our game leave mcree's belt alone

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Ok, Lucio is more fun than Mercy.

Just had a few games blasting people off the edge with his sound blast alt-fire.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I 100% buy McCree, the man who dresses up like a sheriff and rides ontop bullet trains and yells ITS HIGH NOON before shooting dudes and is basically Wild West themed Robin Hood would wear a belt buckle that declares he is a Badass Motherfucker

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    I know someone already asked this but is there actually an Old West in Overwatch Future or is McCree just a weirdboy

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I 100% buy McCree, the man who dresses up like a sheriff and rides ontop bullet trains and yells ITS HIGH NOON before shooting dudes and is basically Wild West themed Robin Hood would wear a belt buckle that declares he is a Badass Motherfucker

Finding the belt buckle started his career and drove him to become the badass he is today.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I know someone already asked this but is there actually an Old West in Overwatch Future or is McCree just a weirdboy
    A bit of both

He's a weirdboy but between the trains and roving train robbing gangs it seems there's a little more wild West flavor in Overwatch Midwest America than you might think

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Yes to both.

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    This game is real good at makin you feel real salty when you're just getting slaughtered left and right.

This discussion has been closed.