As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Are we still looking forward to [Podcasts]? What if I told you... Austin was leaving?

DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
edited June 2016 in Social Entropy++
Some of the folks on this fine forum participate in making podcasts.

Many of the folks on this fine forum simply enjoy listening to podcasts.

Be you a creator, a consumer, or both, let us share our podcast experiences with each other. Together.

@Mr. G You could probably listen to Friends at the Table without listening to the character creation episode (I'm about seven episodes into their Mechnoir game right now) but listening to it first will give you insight not only into their characters but the setting of the world as well. I agree, it's a long episode, just don't listen to it all in one go. I like to keep a notepad document on my desktop to keep track of where I leave off on podcast eps so I can easily pick them up again the next day.

EDIT:
Ms Dapper wrote: »

tumblr_o7mzor0tMx1qzjph7o1_1280.jpg
Counterweight hangs in the center of the Golden Branch star sector, a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together. Because of its location, life brims with energy, and an exchange of cultures has led to an exchange of technologies. Automated robots valet vehicles; Starships launch in the distance at regular intervals; giant walking mechs aid in tasks both civil and military.

But all of this happens under a sky filtered in bronze, as massive energy domes filter the cold, thick air into something more breathable. The sky was scarred at the climax of the Golden War, which brought the Autonomous Diaspora and the People’s Conglomerate of Orion—long rivals—together against the Apostolos Empire. Now, society on Counterweight largely exists in these domed cities. Life is a struggle, but it is dense and vibrant, too. In the nine years since the war ended, OriCon and The Diaspora have held steady in their ceasefire, but this is a world of subterfuge, politics, and espionage.

Talk About Friends at The Table here! Along with any other podcasts you might like!

These podcasts might include:

LQchUPc6.jpg
My Brother, My Brother and Me

CBBLOGOFULL-300x300.jpg
Comedy Bang Bang

2761597-giant+bombcast.jpg
The GiantBombcast!

Or any number of forumer run podcasts like:

W7Aq2oPe.jpg
Teenagers with Attitude

0LfxRtZT.jpg
Totally Reprise

Or the many I didn't mention! Podcasts!

Give Ms Dapper some awesomes for that awesome list!

DarkPrimus on

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't know what you're talking about
    I've never been on a podcast in my life

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Aw dang, right as I finished my OP
    tumblr_o7mzor0tMx1qzjph7o1_1280.jpg
    Counterweight hangs in the center of the Golden Branch star sector, a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together. Because of its location, life brims with energy, and an exchange of cultures has led to an exchange of technologies. Automated robots valet vehicles; Starships launch in the distance at regular intervals; giant walking mechs aid in tasks both civil and military.

But all of this happens under a sky filtered in bronze, as massive energy domes filter the cold, thick air into something more breathable. The sky was scarred at the climax of the Golden War, which brought the Autonomous Diaspora and the People’s Conglomerate of Orion—long rivals—together against the Apostolos Empire. Now, society on Counterweight largely exists in these domed cities. Life is a struggle, but it is dense and vibrant, too. In the nine years since the war ended, OriCon and The Diaspora have held steady in their ceasefire, but this is a world of subterfuge, politics, and espionage.

Talk About Friends at The Table here! Along with any other podcasts you might like!

These podcasts might include:

LQchUPc6.jpg
    My Brother, My Brother and Me

CBBLOGOFULL-300x300.jpg
    Comedy Bang Bang

2761597-giant+bombcast.jpg
    The GiantBombcast!

Or any number of forumer run podcasts like:

W7Aq2oPe.jpg
    Teenagers with Attitude

0LfxRtZT.jpg
    Totally Reprise

Or the many I didn't mention! Podcasts!

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    @simben and @Chincymcchilla were talking about stay tuned toward the end of the last thread so I'm gonna say that the WHM episode on it is among my favorites

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    @simben and @Chincymcchilla were talking about stay tuned toward the end of the last thread so I'm gonna say that the WHM episode on it is among my favorites

Its a very good one

Also I think i found the weirdest media combination

I am watching sailor moon and playing doom

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Oooh gotta track that one down.

sig.gif

Its a very good one

Also I think i found the weirdest media combination

I am watching sailor moon and playing doom

For a weird combination, it's a great portmanteau

Sailordoom

sig.gif
    SimBen wrote: »

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2013/11/episode-130-stay-tuned.html

Grey Ghost wrote: »

this is patently false

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

this is patently false

If it's patently false, then who owns the patent? Huh? HUH?!?!

this is patently false

me

sorry if I forgot to mention it but if you've ever appeared on TWA I own your patent

also your soul

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Jokes on you, I already sold mine

CYpGAPn.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

this is patently false

me

sorry if I forgot to mention it but if you've ever appeared on TWA I own your patent

also your soul

I don't know how to tell you this, Chincy, but.. Rodents can't own patents.

Souls, probably. But definitely not patents.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Awww thank you @DarkPrimus

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    edited May 2016
    Hahahah God it is amazing listening to everyone on the tour get punchier and punchier as CBB the tour goes on

On this second Grammercy show Lauren's shitty pop star character gets booed by saying she's gonna vote for Trump and says "Don't boo me, I'm fake!" which absolutely murders Scott

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2013/11/episode-130-stay-tuned.html

Yup, listening to it while cleaning up Riddler shit in Arkham Origins.

The movie's basically playing in my head right now.

sig.gif
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Roleplay Public Radio!

Another entry into the peasant mob orchestra of failures in They Served Brandolyn Red

Mip and Pauline's romance steals the show amid focused spear of doves, ant men crashing a wedding within the first minute, vendetta generation and resolution into Ant Warlock

VRXwDW7.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hahahah God it is amazing listening to everyone on the tour get punchier and punchier as CBB the tour goes on

On this second Grammercy show Lauren's shitty pop star character gets booed by saying she's gonna vote for Trump and says "Don't boo me, I'm fake!" which absolutely murders Scott

She did that character at my show

Neither Scott nor PFT spoke for like the first 3 minutes of her being out onstage, and she just kept going "what? what? what?" just getting louder and angrier every time until the two of them were just dying

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »

Neither Scott nor PFT spoke for like the first 3 minutes of her being out onstage, and she just kept going "what? what? what?" just getting louder and angrier every time until the two of them were just dying
    Oh God that's amazing

It calls back to this episode where Scott has an interviewing breakthrough where he discovers that if you are just silent after your interviewee answers they will end up spilling all of their darkest secrets

CYpGAPn.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Oh God that's amazing

It calls back to this episode where Scott has an interviewing breakthrough where he discovers that if you are just silent after your interviewee answers they will end up spilling all of their darkest secrets

Unrelated-but-sort-of-related:

That's a classic negotiating tactic, too. Go silent, and the other person (if they're following the "script" of these things), will get nervous, want to fill the silence, and will give up something the silent person wants.

Clients at my job are always trying to haggle on shit, and so at least once a week, somebody (99.99% of the time a middle-aged white dude) will try that. "Oh, two hundred? A different shop said they could do one-seventy-five." *significant silence*

But I'm un-haggle-with-able, because I deeply resent anybody who tries to get in the way of me doing my job. "Getting paid for the thing I did" is part of my job. So I luxuriate in the silence. Wait for them to drop a "Well?" or two, and pretend I don't hear it.

And then they pay the regular, fair price, and I chipperly wish them a good rest of their day.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Ah precious podcast thread, I feared I might go into withdrawal.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    New TWA today! Right, @Chincymcchilla ?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    In today's CoolGamesInc., Griffin and Nick dial back the vore and fail to make overwatch hornier than it already is.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

For the record

This is specifically my mum

Will you drink mumosas

CYpGAPn.png
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Knowing my mum it'd be gin and tonics or wine

G&Ts are always a good call

CYpGAPn.png
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    BeastCast is up
    Vinny wrote:
    The Giant Beastcast - Episode 53

May. 27, 2016 3:00am

Of course we're going to talk about Overwatch! And DOOOOOOM. And E3. AND, yes, we'll go and speculate on what all this Xbox One upgrade stuff could mean. Come, join us in the What If Machine!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    beastcast mentioned a time knife

what?

edited May 2016
    All CBB fans should listen to the May 14th 9:30 live show

It has Lauren Lapkus as Regina Krimp, PFT as Sam Elliott and Neil Campbell as The Time Keeper and is a gigantic fucking amazing train wreck to the point where they blame everything on an active gas leak

This is also gonna be Campbell's last CBB for a while and holy shit does he go out on a high note. Maybe my favorite Time Keeper episode.

It also ends with Scott almost throwing his back out trying to carry Neil Campbell like a bride across the threshold

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I need you guys to tell me now if this dragon dentistry game is the one they run with on this Coolgames Inc so I can skip the rest

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    G&Ts are always a good call

The only drink that's a valid order on every planet!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I need you guys to tell me now if this dragon dentistry game is the one they run with on this Coolgames Inc so I can skip the rest

yes, its a 90 minute vore joke

yes, its a 90 minute vore joke
    fuckin hell, Griffin

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Honestly I don't think Griffin is to blame for that one

He tries to get away from it, or turn it into something more legitimate

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    griffin addresses the whole "griffin is into vore" thing in this week's episode without ACTUALLY addressing it, which is perfect

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular

drink and go out for burgers

edited May 2016
    YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS

(forgive the shot of my laundry basket I am bad at Vine)

HOW LONG UNTIL WE REACH LOST GALAXY???

SimBen on
    sig.gif
    YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS

(forgive the shot of my laundry basket I am bad at Vine)

HOW LONG UNTIL WE REACH LOST GALAXY???

Lost Galaxy is preeeeetty good

It WOULD be higher if not for the fucking terrible music

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I dunno, I think I could give a better performance on that line.

This discussion has been closed.