As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] It's High Nerf

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Oh guys....

His belt buckle says Bullets Are My Favorite

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »
    This game is real good at makin you feel real salty when you're just getting slaughtered left and right.

This is probably the only game where I've gotten up from my computer and paced around after a particularly brutal thrashing

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    Oh guys....

His belt buckle says Bullets Are My Favorite

Alright

Back on board

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Barfing At My Friends

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Brusque And Manly Feller

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    ok so every so often when I'm playing alone in a pub server, someone over voicechat will say something like "let's go boys" or "come on lads" or something else innocuous that's meant to be encouraging and helpful but it lands on the implication that we are all boys

(I don't tend to class "guys" as being gendered in the same way, weirdly enough)

and then I feel kinda awkward cuz there's a part of me that wants to correct them but then I also don't want to be THAT person who has to draw attention to the fact that we are not all boys

I used to be used to it, but then I'm like, should I still be used to it? it used to annoy me, then I accepted it, and now it's just making me sad (probably since this is the first FPS I've played in years), cuz how does that sort of thing change unless people point out that there are girls playing, too?

it's happened a fair bit in the last few days and has been easy to ignore cuz I'm usually playing with friends

but yeah on my lonesome it seems to be more noticeable and happen more and I don't really know what to do about it

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I don't think I've had anyone speak in a pub game yet.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I'm surprised that's even happening

The few times I've put the headset on in shooters, I've never heard any sort of rallying cry of any type

It's usually just annoyed curses

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    It doesn't happen all the time, on average it's been a third of the games I've played. It's almost all exclusively Australian accents I hear though so maybe that's part of it?

• Options
    Ah yeah

Americans are assholes

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I leave voice chat off unless I'm playing with buddies

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    @Goose! something I noticed in your Junkrat potg vids: you don't have to type things like /group. When the chat prompt is open, just hit tab to cycle through the chats. Just in case you didn't know!

Also if it's not, you don't need the whole word. /g /t /m etc all work. Can also use tab to cycle

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    ok so every so often when I'm playing alone in a pub server, someone over voicechat will say something like "let's go boys" or "come on lads" or something else innocuous that's meant to be encouraging and helpful but it lands on the implication that we are all boys

(I don't tend to class "guys" as being gendered in the same way, weirdly enough)

and then I feel kinda awkward cuz there's a part of me that wants to correct them but then I also don't want to be THAT person who has to draw attention to the fact that we are not all boys

I used to be used to it, but then I'm like, should I still be used to it? it used to annoy me, then I accepted it, and now it's just making me sad (probably since this is the first FPS I've played in years), cuz how does that sort of thing change unless people point out that there are girls playing, too?

it's happened a fair bit in the last few days and has been easy to ignore cuz I'm usually playing with friends

but yeah on my lonesome it seems to be more noticeable and happen more and I don't really know what to do about it

I'll take misgendering over my usual experience with pub chat, the one I tried I got called the N and F word about 30 Times in about4 minutes. Haven't turned it back on since

• Options
    oof

yeah slurs are no fun, I had some of that during the beta but not so much since release

yeah I think muting team chat is the way to go but it's so USEFUL when it's working well

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Torb's right click is scary

• Options
    I've never heard anyone talk in a pub game, and I kinda wish they would.

Which is a little weird I guess, since I don't actually talk very much myself.

But yeah, it's (usually) nice listening to folks waffle while they play.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I got it pretty bad during the beta, turned off public voice chat and I've been fine since.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Beefy Arms, Modern Fun

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Because folks always link me to Indian Shit Wot I Might Care About, I saw this post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4dp9j8/why_thunderbird_pharah_is_beautiful_but_also/

A point of view I share (I looked up the skin in question, and hoo boy), expressed very well. So of course the comment section is a fucking cesspool of "get over it" dingleberries, because internet

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    rando attitudes are always a crapshoot, a good enough reason to disable voicechat on its own. but i also know that unless i did push-to-talk, i would be inflicting my team with incessant general cursing, as that is just how i PVP. stream of consciousness filth, directed at the universe.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    pooka wrote: »
    rando attitudes are always a crapshoot, a good enough reason to disable voicechat on its own. but i also know that unless i did push-to-talk, i would be inflicting my team with incessant general cursing, as that is just how i PVP. stream of consciousness filth, directed at the universe.

If you ever decide to write an autobiography, I believe you've found your title.

• Options
    Shabooty wrote: »
    Torb's right click is scary

Ya, I'm enjoying Torb's right click until people learn how deadly it is.

Atm my favorite thing to do is to run past Reinhart's shield turn and right click x2-3 and just destroy him, no one is prepared for that at all and they should be

• Options
    Because folks always link me to Indian Shit Wot I Might Care About, I saw this post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4dp9j8/why_thunderbird_pharah_is_beautiful_but_also/

A point of view I share (I looked up the skin in question, and hoo boy), expressed very well. So of course the comment section is a fucking cesspool of "get over it" dingleberries, because internet

The first few are asking if this post is satire and how if we didn't dress up as other races that would be the true racism

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ok do after a day of playing symmetra with the tips I got from people last thread I am feeling her much more. I still think her altfire is poor but getting in there and jumping around like a lunatic with her primary fire beam on someone isolated or otherwise occupied is actually hilariously effective, at least on my fellow scrub tier players. I am forced to admit she's more than just a teleporter and bonus health dispenser.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

The first few are asking if this post is satire and how if we didn't dress up as other races that would be the true racism

"Why do you care about a skin? It's just a skin!"

Yeah man it's just a thing in a game so popular AMAZON IS SELLING OUT OF IT

What's the harm in cultural dilution of an already-marginalized people, normalized on a fairly massive scale? Friggin' SJWS!!!

• Options
    ok do after a day of playing symmetra with the tips I got from people last thread I am feeling her much more. I still think her altfire is poor but getting in there and jumping around like a lunatic with her primary fire beam on someone isolated or otherwise occupied is actually hilariously effective, at least on my fellow scrub tier players. I am forced to admit she's more than just a teleporter and bonus health dispenser.

Alt Fire may rarely ever hit, but it's even got uses beyond that.

I like to spam a little field of alt fire, just a horde of little balls down a chokepoint, forces certain dodging patterns, and makes for easy cleanup for your sniper.

• Options

What's the harm in cultural dilution of an already-marginalized people, normalized on a fairly massive scale? Friggin' SJWS!!!

I'm curious if the one islander Roadhog skin has the same sorta trouble around it. Don't they have a similar history of abuse and appropriation also?

Legitimately asking, because I don't know.

• Options
    like doing the bunnyhop dance on top of a reaper while beaming him is the funniest "DIE DIE DIE PLEASE DIE NOW I AM THE DIE :( "

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    If you can Pharah ult and have her finish the entire sentence, whether you even kill anyone or not, surviving her entire Ultimate phrase should be auto -potg rofl.

Like, I'm pretty sure the actual line is " Justice Rains From Abarrrrrrrrrrrgggg" at this point.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    It's just so bizarre that they went with that Raindancer design for Pharah instead of another cool looking Egyptian god design.

I mean Sobek and Sekhmet are right there.

Veldrin on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    If you can Pharah ult and have her finish the entire sentence, whether you even kill anyone or not, surviving her entire Ultimate phrase should be auto -potg rofl.

Like, I'm pretty sure the actual line is " Justice Rains From Abarrrrrrrrrrrgggg" at this point.

linking this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkSF9f3k1Q

your claim checks out

Vivixenne on
  • Options

hooray!

god I love playing as her

• Options
    edited May 2016

linking this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkSF9f3k1Q

your claim checks out

How did you hack Overwatch to make her say Above instead of a death cry? :rotate:

edit: about to hop on , anyone want to join me?

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    Sometimes I hit Pharah's ult and she doesn't say it

She says it in the replay when I inevitably die, but won't say it when I actually activate it

• Options
    edited May 2016
    can Pharah be knocked out of position while ulting? enquiring minds must know

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

I'm curious if the one islander Roadhog skin has the same sorta trouble around it. Don't they have a similar history of abuse and appropriation also?

roadhog might legitimately be of maori descent, albeit interbred with colonial british settlers

catch is that it's a "maybe" because there's not a ton of detail about him, and is vague maybe-not-appropriation really amazing

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options

I don't know, either; I only heard about the Pharah sitch because somebody sent me the link to that post. I'm not familiar with the Roadhog issue

• Options
    edited May 2016
    can Pharah be knocked out of position while ulting? enquiring minds must know

she can be hooked by roadhog and it cancels the ult in progress, I dunno about other means

probably other stuns will do it too

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.