As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The USA Presidential Election Thread: Bad Hair Day

• ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    The fact that Donald Trump is able to score cheap points by slamming the crooked DNC is probably not a good sign for the generals.

Other not good signs: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/kristian-saucier-investigation-hillary-clinton-223646

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    God damn...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    The fact that Donald Trump is able to score cheap points by slamming the crooked DNC is probably not a good sign for the generals.

Other not good signs: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/kristian-saucier-investigation-hillary-clinton-223646

dude every repub candidate ever "scores points" by "slamming the DNC" what are you ON

liEt3nH.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    his fiancee makes 3 times as much as he does?

Trump would have some sexist things to say about that.

That's a $200-250,000 household...

At the age of 22 no less.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Why yes, people who don't understand the difference in the Sinclarian sense are comparing apples and oranges.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum

dude every repub candidate ever "scores points" by "slamming the DNC" what are you ON
    Normally they don't have a valid point.

At the moment, however, they do.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    his fiancee makes 3 times as much as he does?

Trump would have some sexist things to say about that.

That's a $200-250,000 household...

At the age of 22 no less.

At that price range I would happily perform a Talented Mr. Ripley.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Outside of your little bubble, though, they don't.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

What point do they have?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

is this an official communication, like are they actually using this kind of writing

how can anyone take this seriously

Preacher wrote: »

What point do they have?
    You have the DNC chair getting primaried from the left because she has publicly stated she's pleased the superdelegate system allows them to ignore "the little people."

This is a district she should easily hold and she's raised millions of dollars for herself (the biggest downballot beneficiary, natch!) and is still at risk of losing her seat.

Clinton, the presumptive nominee, is about to face the fallout of a recommendation for indictment.

The Democrats have alienated the very group of people they were counting on to provide their "foreseeable unimpeachable control."

If you genuinely believe nothing is wrong on the left at the moment, you're the one living in a fantasy land.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Trump declares there is no drought in California!

All you have to do is drain all the rivers!

ALL HAIL HIS GENIUS

vEyq7r1.jpg

Brolo wrote: »

is this an official communication, like are they actually using this kind of writing

how can anyone take this seriously

Welcome to the 2016 election. Ask @Bobkins Flymo for a key to the liquor cabinet.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    the DNC chair is terrible, but for none of the reasons you stated

Jars on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Clinton, the presumptive nominee, is about to face the fallout of a recommendation for indictment.

Nah

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

What point do they have?
    You have the DNC chair getting primaried from the left because she has publicly stated she's pleased the superdelegate system allows them to ignore "the little people."

This is a district she should easily hold and she's raised millions of dollars for herself (the biggest downballot beneficiary, natch!) and is still at risk of losing her seat.

The Democrats have alienated the very group of people they were counting on to provide their "foreseeable unimpeachable control."

If you genuinely believe nothing is wrong on the left at the moment, you're the one living in a fantasy land.

Where are those quotes from?

Also there possibility of Clinton even being recommended for indictment seems pretty low (higher than the day before that report maybe but still basically nill)

2x39jD4.jpg
    Yeah I'm living in a fantasy land ardent.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Honestly? I'll be back on Tuesday to gloat.

What happens on the 31st?

pleasepaypreacher.net

Thats the traditional indictment and also party collapse day in america

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Oh well shit here I thought that was June 15th. God damn modern calendars!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

National Macaroon Day

National Macaroon Day

Oooh tasty.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2016

National Macaroon Day

This is a good day.

Alternatively: Sounds bad.......FOR HILLARY!

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    any day now...

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • JarsJars Registered User regular

so if you're wrong will you just not show up

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

Usually it's on a Monday, but with the holiday and all...

Jars wrote: »

No, I am comfortable with the idea that I can be wrong.

But I also know I am not on this. The question isn't whether there will be grounds to indict. The question is whether the Attorney General will opt to indict after receiving the recommendation.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    they're getting that sweet GOP shill money

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)

But I also know I am not on this. The question isn't whether there will be grounds to indict. The question is whether the Attorney General will opt to indict after receiving the recommendation.

...on what grounds?

edited May 2016

...on what grounds?
    What I do for a living.

If you're asking what charges will be recommended, violation of 18 US Code § 798. There was some question as to whether there would be enough evidence of willfulness, but the State IG report is more than enough to corroborate what has likely been uncovered during interviews with Pagliano, who pleaded the Fifth in order to avoid prosecution himself.

Ardent on

...on what grounds?
    What I do for a living.

Cool. I'm sure it's a one to one comparison.

t70pctuqq2uv.png

...on what grounds?
    What I do for a living.

Which is? Please, enlighten us on the wisdom that your profession grants you that makes you so sure that, despite what many experts in the field have pointed out about this being much ado about nothing, makes you so absolutely sure charges are coming?

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    People have done vastly worse shit in the government without getting any recommendation of indictment, and any argument based on experience in much lower levels does not apply to the highest levels for obvious reasons. The Bush administration and most other administrations should have taught everybody that.

Couscous on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Also, indicting the front runner for the democratic nomination as the culmination of a republican lead witch hunt would be absolutely fucking awful optics for the right. I doubt highly the American people would be falling all over themselves to vote for a party that would be seen as trying to rig a presidential election with minor legal technicalities.

• NijaNija Registered User regular
    Also, indicting the front runner for the democratic nomination as the culmination of a republican lead witch hunt would be absolutely fucking awful optics for the right. I doubt highly the American people would be falling all over themselves to vote for a party that would be seen as trying to rig a presidential election with minor legal technicalities.

It would be Obama's DOJ doing the indicting though

I don't think the GOP had much to do with the oversight investigation that put out the report this week

2x39jD4.jpg
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Zoel wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    man as much as America fucks up a lot Israel is a super destabilizing problem in the middle east and I don't think anyone has any good idea how to solve the conflict between the Israelis and Arabs

Israel gets more credit than it's due for destabilizing the region. A middle east without Israel would probably be roughly as violent as one without it, except there just wouldn't be as many Jewish people.

Would the iran/iraq war not have happened? Would it cure the divide between Sunni and Shia? Would ISIS give up the goal of establishing a Islamic State and destroying modernism that is literally in their name of their organization? Would other regional powers give up their unrealized ambitions? Would it have delayed or accelerated the Arab spring? Would western interests in the region cease?

I don't really think so.

There's a significant difference between Israel versus The United States, Britain, and Russia-- Israel stopped invading middle eastern nations in the twenty first century.

It's also important to remember that, even if the UN had just tabled the whole "Jewish state" idea completely, there would still have been an ongoing insurgent campaign driven by sectarian separatists. It would just be the Zionists rather than the Arabs waging an intifada against a Palestinian state.

However, it's not true that Israel stopped invading other middle eastern powers in the 21st century. They invaded Lebanon in 2006.

I don't really buy the 2006 conflict as an invasion by Israel because it was started by individuals entering Israel from outside of it as members of a military organization claiming allegiance to the national identity, if not government, of the territory from which they entered.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

It would be Obama's DOJ doing the indicting though

I don't think the GOP had much to do with the oversight investigation that put out the report this week

That's not how anyone will see it. The truth is a minor detail at best when it comes to the American public.

This discussion has been closed.