As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - Du Bist Es

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, May 31, 2016 - Du Bist Es

Du Bist Es

Du Bist Es

http://campcomic.com/comic/322

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Hahaha.
    Malachi's mental prison is incredible.

• Options
    narwhaonarwhao Registered User regular
    I love those first 4 panels

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I will sound like a total nerd, but I find the game of tag culturally interesting. All the kids everywhere in the world know it, and being It is the worst thing that can happen besides MAYBE death and the dentist.

• Options
    RandewRandew Registered User new member
    Brian is the kind of guy who would forever take on the burden of IT to save everyone else from the curse and never take his hands out of his hoodie sweater

• Options
    MikeLinPAMikeLinPA Registered User regular
    At some point, play time is supposed to end, the game is over, and nobody is it anymore. Taking to this extreme would be horrifying!

The change in artistic style is very well done.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    WOW!

May those first four panels please show up on some merch?
    seriously, I need this in my summer wardrobe.

• Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    I'm worried about what Brian will do. I don't agree as was earlier stated that he will, "forever take on the burden of IT to save everyone else from the curse and never take his hands out of his hoodie sweater". He's fighting everyday to keep the rage at bay; Furthermore, is Malachi making it up. Did he really tag Brian or is he throwing him under the metaphoric tag bus to save himself? Tag is Life

• Options
    Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Whoa. You can't hide those Brian eyes.

Sensei Le Roof on
  • Options
    ajax1515ajax1515 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    @Dublin

Interestingly even young animals besides humans know how to play tag. I sit out on my porch and watch squirrels playing tag all morning. It has very interesting evolutionary implications, almost as if the game is somehow a part of our genes. Practice for evading predators perhaps?

ajax1515 on
  • Options
    MartynMartyn Registered User regular
    How in the world does anybody stay "it" if the rules allow you to tag someone while they're sleeping? As far as I can tell, everyone shares quarters here, and who locks doors?

The next day, you just inform everyone you tagged someone while they were asleep. For more fun, don't say who it is.

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    What's up with the German title?
    Also I bet it'll turn out that, actually, Braden already is "it" again

• Options
    kram1032 wrote: »
    Also I bet it'll turn out that, actually, Braden already is "it" again

Maybe they're fans of this rad music video?
    http://m.universal-music.de/dj-oetzi/videos/detail/video:280078/du-bist-es

• Options
    Spyke66Spyke66 Registered User regular
    Kaitie, Adam, please, i must use the second panel as a reaction meme, it's just too perfect.

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    kram1032 wrote: »

The first four panels were supposed to kinda sorta be like a weird German Expressionist film.

And then I asked Google Translate to tell me what "You're It" is in German. (I'm sure there's probably a better translation, but I was really only willing to devote thirty seconds to the enterprise.)

AdamRW on
  • Options
    photon_man62photon_man62 Registered User regular
    German kids just say "Du bist!" ("You are!") when playing tag. "Du bist es" makes grammatical sense though so you can safely leave it.

• Options
    JossieMimeJossieMime Registered User regular
    Plot twist!

• Options
    cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    Orrrrrrrrrrrrr... maybe this is the beginning of Brian's backstory (fingers & eyes crossed).

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    @photon_man62 Danke!

• Options
    Orrrrrrrrrrrrr... maybe this is the beginning of Brian's backstory (fingers & eyes crossed).

Brian was tagged once.
    Just once.
    They never found the kid who did it.

• Options
    Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
  • Options
    bmckbmck Registered User new member
    The first few panels made me chuckle harder than I maybe ever have at this comic. Very nice K+A #formerfilmstudent