As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] FF7 Golden Saucer Dating Sim continues. New DU tomorrow night.

1939495969799»

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Upgrades and Inventory -> Break Level Cap -> "No characters eligible for level cap break."

Ultimate Carry Armor
    Cloud (506ATK, Pride of the Red Wings)
    Lifesiphon/Thundara Strike
    Fenrir Overdrive

Zack (449ATK, Fist of Dawn)
    Lifesiphon/Temp Flurry
    Air Strike/Rush Assault

Agrias (409ATK, One-Eyed General)
    Lifesiphon/Saint Cross
    Cleansing Strike

Ramza (419ATK, Battleforged)
    Full Break/Magic Breakdown
    Tailwind

Y'shtola (270MND, +700HP, Mako Might)
    Shellga/Curaja
    Stoneskin II

RW Shout

Medals lost: 0
    S/L count: 2 (Zack got murdered before my first turn on attempt 1. On attempt 2 I learned that risking an Arm Grab to land Magic Breakdown is a good idea)

Ultimate+ The Arena
    Exact same party and RW setup as Ultimate; with Power Breakdown swapped in.

Medals lost: 1
    S/L count: 1

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    For Dark moves, does Tyro's "hit the elemental weakness 2" RM work? Gearing a team to take a run at Ult. Steiner...

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    For Dark moves, does Tyro's "hit the elemental weakness 2" RM work? Gearing a team to take a run at Ult. Steiner...

You may not even need it. My Tyro, with an off-RS weapon, was capping using Sanguine Cross. Granted, under Shout and I think Defensive Breakdown, but it's still probably the first time I've seen Tyro cap anything, let alone an Ultimate.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Took down U+ first try, no medals lost. Turns out 4 fully honed Life Siphons fueling good SBs is a pretty strong strat! I had enough left in the tank for another boss.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I got the U down with no medals lost, and lost one of the U+ for actions taken. My ridiculous FFVII synergy pays dividends here, and I have never actually pulled specifically for FFVII synergy. I have Apocalypse and Buster Sword (VII-CC) from the Combat Lucky Draw, a 5* FFVII katana I got while trying for something else a long long time ago, a 5*+ Golden Sword and the silly Treeblade that I selected at Christmas instead of something useful like the Candle Rod. Combine that with Yuffie finally deciding to level past 65 and things are pretty great in FFVII land. I even have a 5*+ Striking Staff if I want to use a mage, which I do occasionally do with Vincent and his Amazing Chain Shot Dreamcoat.

I used a RW Squall BSB for the U+ to make sure I had enough hones to get through, though I kind of goofed and used it the first time on Zack instead of Agrias. Zack had plenty of hones, while Agrias had an r4 Lifesiphon and Protectga, so it would have been way more useful on her. Regardless, beat the bosses fairly easily, was never really in any danger aside from my initial try where the first three attacks all went onto Ramza. One S/L later and things were fine, though.

At some point in the next couple of days I will take yet another crack at Mastery on Kuja U+, but if I don't get it I'm not really going to be too mad about 3 MBO and 3 MSO.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Steiner was surprisingly easy. He basically just rolled over and showed his belly. I haven't tried Kuja yet. Looks like I only have 2 resist accessories, so we'll see how his damage is.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I was able to finally witness the power of wall + shellga + magic breakdown + full break (the dance) + some offensive breakdown SB (cait sith megaphone) that you folks with cleansing strike have touted. Carry armor was hitting me for 600 with his 550% lapis laser attack, ~200 with the AoE version that's 303%. That's ridiculous! He even resists breaks!

Ardor on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Four layers of mitigation is pretty great; five layers is just dumb. You can understand how JP bosses are featuring more DEF/RES ignoring attacks these days, with stacking breaks everywhere.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Four layers of mitigation is pretty great; five layers is just dumb. You can understand how JP bosses are featuring more DEF/RES ignoring attacks these days, with stacking breaks everywhere.

No joke. I just wanted to see what it was all about by giving it a shot. I don't care about the damage much, but that megaphone is pretty nice due to the offensive stat break that stacks with virtually everything.

For DEF/RES ignoring attacks, does the defend option still cut damage in half?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Ardor wrote: »
    Defend just modifies damage by half, it doesn't change your DEF/RES. So it should still cut damage for piercing attacks.
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok so the Serah FFXIII event is up next, predicted to be June 6. It contains some pretty sweet relics and some much needed MC2's. Fang will be the first level 80 Dragoon.

I've been saving mithril for the BSB Fest, presumably falling around July 4th as sort of a mid-summer blowout.

Do I spend mithril on June 6 with the hopes of getting Lightning's BSB, or do I just keep saving? Unless they change things in our BSB fest, Lightning's BSB will not reappear then. Nor does it reappear in the Double-BSB Fest. So it might be a really long time until we get another shot at her BSB if I don't pull on it now.

I've got pretty good FFXIII synergy, so her BSB would be welcome because while I've got good record synergy, I don't have any of Lightning's relics.

Deciding what to spend my mithril on is hard. So many good options to consider, so little mithril. (I'm at 175 right now). Will probably be about 190 or so by the time Serah's event starts.

I also don't have any blinks, so I'm tempted to pull on Yuffie's banner. But my problem there is that nothing else really appeals to me on her banner, and I already got Aerith's Wizard Staff on my white mage lucky draw so I run the risk of doubling up on that. While not terrible since it means more stats, I'd rather get something different.
    The 13 banners look very weak other than the Lightning BSB, and you said your 13 synergy is already good (and it's a rare realm as far as I can tell). Sounds like you only want 1% items on both of those banners. Don't chase the dragons, stay strong, friend!

Fry on
  • Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

No joke. I just wanted to see what it was all about by giving it a shot. I don't care about the damage much, but that megaphone is pretty nice due to the offensive stat break that stacks with virtually everything.

It does, though the time they start introducing those attacks is when they start making dual-break SBs easier to get.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Assuming the BSSB-fest info is correct, I'll probably have around 275 mythril total by the time it rolls around. Reserving 25 for the lucky pull on the Nightmare Summon, that'll leave me 250 or so to split between banners 4 (Thyrus, Platinum Shield, that new Grimoire) and 5 (Crescent Wish, Sentinel's Grimoire, Wutai Headband, Excalibur). The Kaiser Shield is the only one I want from banner 3 and I'm not gonna chase it.

Thus, my dilemma - should I drop 50 and draw on the Kuja 2 banner? Ragnarok, Wizard Rod, and Kuja's gloves look shiny, but I want to reserve some mythril for orbfest refreshes during the BSSB-fest.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Assuming the BSSB-fest info is correct, I'll probably have around 275 mythril total by the time it rolls around. Reserving 25 for the lucky pull on the Nightmare Summon, that'll leave me 250 or so to split between banners 4 (Thyrus, Platinum Shield, that new Grimoire) and 5 (Crescent Wish, Sentinel's Grimoire, Wutai Headband, Excalibur). The Kaiser Shield is the only one I want from banner 3 and I'm not gonna chase it.

Thus, my dilemma - should I drop 50 and draw on the Kuja 2 banner? Ragnarok, Wizard Rod, and Kuja's gloves look shiny, but I want to reserve some mythril for orbfest refreshes during the BSSB-fest.

I'd advise against planning for specifics on the fest Banner. It is likely to change. We really need the translations first!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Christ, Battle Arena is rough. I made it to Proudclod and had him at 50% health when I was down to auto-attacks. I might have to swap out Sephiroth for Zack for his Air Assault SB.

Though both times I didn't have a Shout RW to choose from. Not having haste + attack+ really hurts.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Fat 'bo shop has been refreshed again

Black, Dark and Lightning orbs are up for grabs along with the customary Mythril.
    I'll be putting time into the event again once the Wind/Lightning daily is over. I need those orbs bad. Actually, as a matter of speaking, I need pretty much all orbs except fire, earth and white...

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    I did a 3 pull in hopes of getting anything decent...

3 3*. Alright I'll take that as a sign to STOP WASTING MYTHRIL UNTIL THE BIG EVENT. I hope I heed my own advice.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Rolled a JP account because why not.

4 5* on the freebie rs2 banner, 3 5* on the back lucky banner currently up. All ssbs. Well, not sure what one of them is. It's s purple rocky hammer thing I think is a Vaan only unique but I don't have him so.

Still, God damn, makes me want to just jump ship. Hah.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brought Slowga to the boss rush, since Slow is a medal condition for both fights, and Slowga has a nice 80% proc rate. Did not realize that one of the guys in the first fight is guaranteed to use AoE Reflect as his first action. :X

Fortunately they're kinda pushovers, so I was able to wait out the Reflect with everyone defending.

• Options
    Jesus. I have no idea how you guys easily took care of Battle Arena. Proudclod's Beam Cannon did 7K to everyone on my last try (and, of course, he had a nipple hair's worth of health). Does that attack do more damage the less health he has? I swear I had mitigation up (protectga, wall, and Bartz's Trueblade).

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    urahonky wrote: »
    Jesus. I have no idea how you guys easily took care of Battle Arena. Proudclod's Beam Cannon did 7K to everyone on my last try (and, of course, he had a nipple hair's worth of health). Does that attack do more damage the less health he has? I swear I had mitigation up (protectga, wall, and Bartz's Trueblade).

Beam Cannon is magic. So... I'm guessing that Wall dropped and then you had zero mitigation.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Beam Cannon's damage is fixed; your mitigation must have dropped =/

• Options
    edited June 2016
    When the Jammer Armor is broken, multiple changes happen:
    - DEF and RES go down significantly (~40%), MAG and SPD go up ~10%
    - Attack pattern changes, notably increasing Beam Cannon chance from 9% to 20%, and removing the ~35% Materia Jammer (Reflect)
    - Beam Cannon doesn't waste a turn charging up

I've seen several people recommend just ignoring the Jammer Armor if you can, so you don't have to deal with no-charge Beam Cannons.
    urahonky wrote: »
    I had mitigation up (protectga, wall, and Bartz's Trueblade).
    Beam Cannon is magic.

Fry on
  • Options
    Well of course it's magic. Looks like I need to create another Lifesiphon for Tyro so I can Wall a bit more frequently.

• Options
  • Options
    @Tube tear this thread down! (and lock it please)

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    geth, please close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.