As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Objective: Defend Convoy to New Space Sim Thread for 5:00 Minutes

1939495969799»

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Dammit! I meant freelancer!

Although I should best the final freespace mission someday.

• Options
    quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Tube wrote: »
    It would be very cool if that worked. You could (possibly?) set different points on the throttle to represent the 25%, 50% etc throttle speeds in game. I don't know.

I was definitely disappointed when I got my Warthog that it wasn't practical to play TIE fighter on it simply because of button restrictions.

From what I remember, when I map my Microsoft Sidewinder's throttle axis to the throttle in TIE (or maybe X wing?) it just maps to the four keyboards settings of 0, 33%, 66% and 100%. It's never been a continuous throttle. And in TIE fighter, the "match speed to target" button is better tactically (I think it's 'enter" by default, but you can use a hat switch for it) and I just use the throttle for moving between nav points (or to stop on a dime before I smash into the side of a M/FRG).

quarthinos on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Fucking Microsoft holding FL and SL on us
    I own both on disk but disks suck.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I doubt anyone at MS even remembers those games. They are probably used to prop up the table in the hallway now.

Drake on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Crimson Skies, too

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I think I've got a pirated version of freelancer from 2003 but I'm not about to dig out the foot locker to check.

I wonder if the homeworld 1 mods are still online?

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    I still love Freelancer.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Somewhere around here I have a Marketing Beta of Freelancer, along with the printed talking points that came with it. They sent it to various game stores and media outlets to show it off and generate buzz. I went to a local Gamestop to pre-order the game, and they asked me if I wanted it since they had no use for it. It was just sitting in a drawer behind the counter. It was, as I remember, mostly the full game but was capped at level 20. It was pretty sweet getting to play it a couple of weeks early.

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed playing the Freelancer demo. It was just the New York system, but there was so much to discover.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    We hit 99 pages! It only took about 3 years! NEW THREAD!!!!