As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Most Artisanal of Cozies [Artsy Farts and Crafty Asses]

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So, I don't have pictures yet, because I didn't think to take any, but I've figured out a safe method for cracking raw stones into smaller pieces for my continued experimentation in low level lapidary. I wrap the stone in thick foam and toss it into my hydraulic press. Then I jack it up until I hear a ringing KTUNG, I know it's done. I also save the leftover dust from the stone for later use in tumbling the same material.

I'm going to eventually need more foam, though, as the process makes holes in it but that's fine.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Huh. I'd just wrap it in a towel and hit it with a hammer but your way is probably safer.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Plus, I get to use my hydraulic press more!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I have fallen into a knitting hole. full of patterns for little babies and hand-dyed wool.

I don't want to get out! I'm enjoying this so much.

edited May 2016
    Batch work: entirely necessary, but utterly boring to the point of sleep if you're even a little tired. Even with stuff to listen to.

Point of note, I am so tired.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I learned how to do cables!

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Got my next three projects planned for the summer... two Adirondack chairs and a cat run built with an enclosed bridge leading from a house window. I'm pretty excited to start, although I'm debating buying myself a bandsaw. I an proooobably get by with just my jigsaw, but it's super tempting

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    God I'd love a bandsaw.

The number of times I've looked at something and just went, this would be so much easier with a bandsaw.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

The trick is lots of pouches and big guns

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

You majestic bastard.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I am sleep deprived. I think this has something to do with either final fantasy or xmen. But I am unsure

I'm sorry I once again don't get it.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    33.jpg?_ga=1.267335950.1892005247.1464272920
    and then we say.

Where are the feet rob?

Where are the feet?

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    How does he even fire that gun straight? Target's over there but it'll be blasting off at some wonky direction.

forumsig.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Weird how his delts connect directly to his pecs - there's no skeleton there, just extremely striated muscle.

Get off the roids, Cable.

Blake T wrote: »
    33.jpg?_ga=1.267335950.1892005247.1464272920
    and then we say.

Where are the feet rob?

Where are the feet?

"IF LOOKS COULD KILL!"

Well they certainly make ME want to die

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I think I like Deadpool's extraordinarily short forearms the best out of all the fuckups in that picture. Ignore that Cable's biceps are bigger than his entire head, ignore the 45 degree bend in Cable's right forearm, ignore Deadpool having absolutely no neck whatsoever and imagine Wade making T-Rex noises as he slices some dirtbags head off..

Let's admire Liefeld's solution to every problem: add a gun

187a8ermg2iopjpg.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    That quite literally looks like the gun was photoshopped in later. (Or is that the joke? I don't read comics :razz: )

edited May 2016
    @Calica the gun was indeed added later.

That is not a joke page. That is an ACTUAL page where Liefeld's thought "Hmmm, this needs something...big gun!"

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Got my next three projects planned for the summer... two Adirondack chairs and a cat run built with an enclosed bridge leading from a house window. I'm pretty excited to start, although I'm debating buying myself a bandsaw. I an proooobably get by with just my jigsaw, but it's super tempting

Get the band saw. You'll wish you bought it sooner. And the band saw god hungers for fingers.

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Oh hey I didn't notice this topic until now!

I lapsed in my knitting until recently, and now I'm back on trying to finish @Wyborn's socks. Slightly worryingly, I'm nearing the end of the skein and I don't know if I have enough to actually finish (according to my initial math I do, dear god I hope I mathed it right). If I don't, I may just finish in another colour for the toes. :X

Next on the docket is sheeeeeeeeeeep blankieeeeeeeeee for my sister-in-law, who is due in late November. I'll be modifying the pattern to make the blanket bigger, and stagger and alternate the directions of the sheep.

My lovely sister got me a Yarnit, which I think @knitdan first brought to my attention? It's quite handy, and I look forward to using it more in the future. They currently have a kickstarter going on for an even larger version: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1717527446/the-yarnit-brilliant-new-yarn-artist-accessory

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    Between video games and weather getting nice and gardening stuff and not feeling inspired I haven't done hardly any knitting for months.

I still go to group but I just browse the Internet and listen to gossip and chime in if somebody needs help with a technique.

Glad you like the Yarnit!

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Oh hey I didn't notice this topic until now!

I lapsed in my knitting until recently, and now I'm back on trying to finish @Wyborn's socks. Slightly worryingly, I'm nearing the end of the skein and I don't know if I have enough to actually finish (according to my initial math I do, dear god I hope I mathed it right). If I don't, I may just finish in another colour for the toes. :X

Next on the docket is sheeeeeeeeeeep blankieeeeeeeeee for my sister-in-law, who is due in late November. I'll be modifying the pattern to make the blanket bigger, and stagger and alternate the directions of the sheep.

My lovely sister got me a Yarnit, which I think @knitdan first brought to my attention? It's quite handy, and I look forward to using it more in the future. They currently have a kickstarter going on for an even larger version: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1717527446/the-yarnit-brilliant-new-yarn-artist-accessory

i was already well into this video, and it certainly livens up the kickstarter pitch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP-hdMiq9qM

lfchwLd.jpg
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Oh man, oh man, I double checked my Ravelry stash page and realized I had logged that I had two skeins of Wyborn's sock yarn

Crisis super averted!!!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    She is so happy, she is watching knitting videos on Youtube, while also knitting, right this second

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    edited May 2016

I knitted a thing!

edit: mumble grumble mobile uploads
    IMG_20160529_214302531_zpsye7sia11.jpg

lonelyahava on
    It looks like you knitted 2 things and put one on top of the other

Looking good!

so the vest i knitted is this pattern

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/milo-3

first pattern i have bought off ravelry. it's an addiction down here in this hemisphere. i'm already on my 2nd one with a 3rd planned.

so. easy. Once you get past the fear of, first time knitting in the round, first time knitting a garment, first time doing cables, etc.

so addicting.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    hey

does anyone know a website where I can buy any lego brick??? And have it mailed to me?? I wanna build a thing

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    You can build a custom order on the lego website

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    hey

does anyone know a website where I can buy any lego brick??? And have it mailed to me?? I wanna build a thing

https://www.bricklink.com/

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Quick tip for wood/metal workers. Mineral Oil makes a handy cutting fluid in a pinch. That is all!

Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Quick tip for wood/metal workers. Mineral Oil makes a handy cutting fluid in a pinch. That is all!

Good to know

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Anyone have any ideas on how to end up with a stupid amount of driftwood

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Camp near a beach for fifty years

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Anyone have any ideas on how to end up with a stupid amount of driftwood

If you're not near a lake or ocean yourself I'd check out Etsy
    https://www.etsy.com/market/bulk_driftwood

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    so, i've got this concept for a collection of patterns.
    i regularly experience insomnia -- either i have difficulty falling asleep, or staying asleep, and so i frequently find myself awake at odd hours, but not coherent enough to do much thinking or in-depth reading. i finally remembered, as i do on occasion, to set myself up with some knitting, usually cast-on earlier in the day; i don't want to tink or rip back, so i go with simple patterns, or charts with repeats i can easily track. this time: 31 stitches, size 9 circulars, rustic but not scratchy wool. wide enough for a big scarf, probably, or some kind of decorative hanging or sommat. i keep it on the nightstand, and just knit random stitches in the dark, sometimes stockinette, sometimes garter, if i yo, i throw in a decrease, ribbing and so on. i'm thinking of it kind of as an art piece like those mood or weather scarves. a liminal knit.

my idea is thus -- patterns for the sleep-deprived. also good for beginners, probably (or booze-knitters), and those otherwise short on attention span, time, or patience. but the idea being simple stitches and/or short repeats, DK-bulky so the stitches can easily be manipulated, and either one piece flat or in the round, or modules for finishing when you're more able to concentrate. projects easily picked up and dropped, as needed, on circulars so your work is secure. gauge probably not a thing.

i don't usually go for simple patterns since i like the challenge of learning techniques, so i'm having some difficulty with narrowing the scope. i want to come up with a diverse set of patterns that are fairly easy to execute, but satisfying to complete. i've modified almost every pattern i've followed, but not to the point of truly understanding design, so my reach is beyond my grasp at the moment, and i'm not even sure it's enough of a niche to be worth pursuing. but it is neat to mull it over and worry at the morsel.

so that's my main project! also slowly working on a shawl, and these cuffs.

lfchwLd.jpg
    I uh

Did a thing for a friends wedding

wzi54ot3le4b.png

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Not really sold on the background color and I need to fix some of the coloring and boxes get weird

But man its amazing how fast you can make a picture look low poly

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    edited June 2016
    Cool thing about making earrings inspired by fingerprints, no two will ever be the same. These aren't done, but I'm gonna make a bunch more before I go to step two, which is flood the spaces between the wires with silver solder and file down both sides.

Should look pretty cool!
    bw4h3hr2e1z1.jpg
    The two at the top were the prototype pair, probably going to experiment with them and the solder first.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png