As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good Bye East, now the staking for west

18910111214»

• Options
    AppoAppo Registered User regular
    Tomorrow it is?

• Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    valdor wrote: »
    afipanic wrote: »
    What are the chances of today vs tomorrow?
    I saw that infographic being thrown around and per the image, PAX West hasn't ever been sold on a Tuesday.
    Does that make it more likely to be today or less likely?

Just looking for general opinion.

Honestly, the chances dont change much. Historically PAX West tickets are always an unknown, so they might do a Tuesday just to keep people guessing and to make sure they do not follow into a pattern. But Wednesday does seem to be best as it allows two days to set everything up, and then 3 days to troubleshoot issues. This is also the latest tickest will have ever been on sale for West which by itself is odd. To many unknowns.

I was gonna say the infographic is nice, but if were being honest the sample size for west is like 12. Here be dragons.

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I saw that infographic being thrown around and per the image, PAX West hasn't ever been sold on a Tuesday.

Honestly, the chances dont change much. Historically PAX West tickets are always an unknown, so they might do a Tuesday just to keep people guessing and to make sure they do not follow into a pattern. But Wednesday does seem to be best as it allows two days to set everything up, and then 3 days to troubleshoot issues. This is also the latest tickest will have ever been on sale for West which by itself is odd. To many unknowns.

I was gonna say the infographic is nice, but if were being honest the sample size for west is like 12. Here be dragons.

http://i.imgur.com/4J9zyor.png
    And much smaller for useful info. For the day & time graphics I only used the years since sellouts have started since before that accurate data is hard to come by and I am sure the reasons for when they release tickets has changed.

It is still fun to look at the data though.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »

http://i.imgur.com/4J9zyor.png
    And much smaller for useful info. For the day & time graphics I only used the years since sellouts have started since before that accurate data is hard to come by and I am sure the reasons for when they release tickets has changed.

It is still fun to look at the data though.

Right, it just is what it is.

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I am going with noon today as my bet.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    I am going with noon today as my bet.

By the mighty Akotosh, I hope you are right.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Well it's past noon....

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    Well it's past noon....

Noon in Seattle.

• Options
    Well it's past noon....

I think PAX tickets are released based on PST, which makes it 11. Can any one verify this, or am I wrong?

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Well it's past noon....

Not on the west coast...

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    EnglishseigeEnglishseige Registered User regular
    Considering Showclix is in Pittsburgh they still have to be in the office. So I think they take both EST and PST into account when they release.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Well it's past noon....

I think PAX tickets are released based on PST, which makes it 11. Can any one verify this, or am I wrong?

It is currently PDT, but yes Pax West is in Seattle so it would be safe to assume most people talking about it would pacific time. However, the company that actually runs the sale is located on the East coast so there is that to keep in mind as well.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Well it's past noon....

For convince all PAX release tracking is done in Pacific Time.

• Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    Hotel link went down.

On sale any minute now?

• Options
    DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    krae_man wrote: »
    Hotel link went down.

On sale any minute now?
    It's been up and down and occasionally popping up with errors for about 10 minutes. I'm hoping for impending badges.

• Options
    darksneakydarksneaky Registered User new member
    Hotel link went down.

On sale any minute now?

Could you give me the hotel link?

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    This is pretty much what I've been for the past week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C05TlpSK7FQ

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    This is it.
    Some time in the next 20 minutes!
    I'm sure of it.

POSITIVE!

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    darksneaky wrote: »
    Hotel link went down.

On sale any minute now?

The old hotel link on the west page redirected to pax2015hotels.com, which now returns a 502 error from the onpeak side. pax2016hotels.com appears to be owned by a domain squatter at this time.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    Noon and nothing yet...

Inb4 passes are tomorrow.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Hotel link went down.

On sale any minute now?

The old hotel link on the west page redirected to pax2015hotels.com, which now returns a 502 error from the onpeak side. pax2016hotels.com appears to be owned by a domain squatter at this time.

Maybe they are waiting to sell the badges until they get this domain... In that case almost never then... lol

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    Ten minutes before I go back into hiding under my desk, curled up in the fetal position, wondering what I did wrong in life to be punished so by the PAX gods.

• Options
    zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    This is starting to feel like a baseball game where everyone is anticipating the pitch to their favorite power hitter but the pitcher keeps tossing the ball to first...and the crowd is starting to boo the pitcher.

• Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    I keep hearing "bobcats" in shows, music... my dreams? Is this a vision? Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

• Options
    Welp, I guess I'll see you all tomorrow. Time to get lunch and cry.

4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    Bluemeane wrote: »
    Hotel link went down.

On sale any minute now?

Maybe they are waiting to sell the badges until they get this domain... In that case almost never then... lol

For all the other PAX this year they have not used a redirect link, they just put the direct onpeak link on the paxsite.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Another day without tickets....

PATRICK, SAD!

• Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Hotel link went down.

On sale any minute now?

For all the other PAX this year they have not used a redirect link, they just put the direct onpeak link on the paxsite.

I hope so. That pax2015hotels.com is blocked for me at work. onpeak is not.

BitTWist on
    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    BitTWist wrote: »
    Hotel link went down.

On sale any minute now?

I hope so. That pax2015hotels.com is blocked for me at work. onpeak is not.

Being an IT Administrator, that is just your admin trying his best to keep you from getting his hotel reservation! Hehehe

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    Soon a new sea shall be formed. A great sea, fed by no rivers nor streams. Instead, it shall be fed by the tears of a hundred thousand, begging for mercy and deliverance. A sea so filled with salt and misery that no life can live in it. And as misery drowned the souls of the sea's creators, so will the sea eventually drown those who gave it life. For many thousands will wade into the waters of despair, thinking themselves forsaken. Those who still harbor hope will continue to feed the sea with their tears.
    Until one day... The PAX gods finally deliver the faithful passage to their homeland in Seattle.

• Options
    afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Pack it up folks, nothing to see here. :bigfrown:

edit: spoke too soon. they're up!

afipanic on
    Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    GOGOGOGOGOGOG They are up https://www.showclix.com/event/pp3594/

valdor on
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    ITS HAPPENING!

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    PAX West badges are live! https://www.showclix.com/event/pp3594/

7B14287.png
  • Options
    IT'S HAPPENING!

tw787Xr.png

This discussion has been closed.