As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

West 2016 [Hotel] Partners are now live!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

• BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Hotel Kicked me out saying it was for PAX Dev and Exibitors only. Got sent back to end of line.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    I have now gotten in the hotel queue twice only to be told "You have left the queue. Click here to reenter." Sigh...

XyqJPIp.png
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Got a room at Olive 8 for a week. This is my first Prime, and after a bit of research figured this would be the best hotel for us. Anyone have anything positive or negative to say about it? From what I've heard, people have enjoyed staying here.

• valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    Do they charge you instantly or will it just be a hold on your card and be able to pay a different way later?

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    For some reason the hotel booking page would not accept anything but a very weak password, at least looks like you can change it after the fact and it worked

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • kbschmidkbschmid Calgary, ABRegistered User regular
    Dear.God. the hotel queue kicked me out again.

By day, a mild-mannered charity guy
    By night, a gamer.
    PAX Prime 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    valdor wrote: »
    Do they charge you instantly or will it just be a hold on your card and be able to pay a different way later?
    OnPeak does not charge your card, but they may put a hold on for one night to test the payment method. Once OnPeak transfers to the hotels themselves, which happens a few weeks before pax, the hotel might do either of those things.

edited June 2016
    Damn it, it would only let my select Dev or Exhibitor and I cant move forward. Have to rejoin now

valdor on
    3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
    Anyone know why the hotel system is kicking people out of the queue?

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Got the Motif. Anyone has experience with them? Looks pretty good on TripAdvisor.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    Got through and only got PAX Dev and Exhib

XyqJPIp.png
    BitTWist wrote: »
    Anyone know why the hotel system is kicking people out of the queue?
    No, but PAX is on it, chasing down the issue.

Thanks Zerzhul. It was on my phone when it failed both times. My wife got through on desktop.

By night, a gamer.
  • DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    Wow, guess I was really lucky. Got in quickly when queue was only 20 people and had no problems.

• EnticeEntice Registered User new member
    On desktop and it's only giving me PAX Dev and Exhibitor options. Back to the end of the line...

• windfallwindfall Registered User regular
    So anyone know how strictly they'll be enforcing the occupancy counts?

• soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    Has anyone gotten their email confirmation from OnPeak? I got in right away and got a confirmation page, but no email yet.

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
    Wow, guess I was really lucky. Got in quickly when queue was only 20 people and had no problems.

Yeah there were only 28 when I started, then it failed the first time. For the record, my desktop also did the Dev or Exhibitor list but nothing else, whereas my wife got through.

By night, a gamer.
  • Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    kbschmid wrote: »

Yeah there were only 28 when I started, then it failed the first time. For the record, my desktop also did the Dev or Exhibitor list but nothing else, whereas my wife got through.

I think there were 5 or 6 when i got in, i joined it while i was in the badges one also.

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
    edited June 2016
    This is now the THIRD time I've been kicked out of the queue

havok978 on
    XyqJPIp.png
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    soozerella wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten their email confirmation from OnPeak? I got in right away and got a confirmation page, but no email yet.

I reserved a room and OnPeak said "You're all set!", but I have yet to receive my confirmation email.

• DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    No email for me. Made sure to take note of the confirmation number and made a PDF of the detailed confirmation page.

After another trip through the queue, i can still only select PAX Dev and Exibitor w1t6xr2uzh50.jpg

BitTWist wrote: »
    After another trip through the queue, i can still only select PAX Dev and Exibitor w1t6xr2uzh50.jpg

This seems to be common

4 Year Pax West Attendee
    Finally got through but Thursdays at the Sheraton are gone.

XyqJPIp.png
    Tried on my phone. Got to the front of the line and kept saying "waiting..." After the page refreshed a few times, it finally said I lost my place. Back to the end...again.

havok978 wrote: »
    Finally got through but Thursdays at the Sheraton are gone.

Glad you got through. Hoping for everyone here! Sucks when these things go wrong - I suspect the staff are as stressed, if not more, when crap like this happens.

By night, a gamer.
    windfall wrote: »
    So anyone know how strictly they'll be enforcing the occupancy counts?
    That's on the individual hotels to enforce. Just remember violating them can cause a fire code issue, not just inconvenience. Violate at one's own risk.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    LedaXI wrote: »

I reserved a room and OnPeak said "You're all set!", but I have yet to receive my confirmation email.

The OnPeak confirmations notoriously take forever. Like over an hour.

YoungFrey on
    Entice wrote: »
    Tried on my phone. Got to the front of the line and kept saying "waiting..." After the page refreshed a few times, it finally said I lost my place. Back to the end...again.

Happened to me three times. Only got through on my work computer.

XyqJPIp.png
    Please continue to report OnPeak issues occurring after right now. Some things have been addressed, hopefully.

• oil_52oil_52 Registered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Got the Motif. Anyone has experience with them? Looks pretty good on TripAdvisor.

I stayed at motif the past 2 years and it a great location. I wanted motif but when it was my turn they didnt have any quad rooms left.

zerzhul wrote: »
    Please continue to report OnPeak issues occurring after right now. Some things have been addressed, hopefully.

I am back in the queue. Though even if its fixed, I am pretty sure the hotel selection is going to suck. :(

This has to be something with the mobile site, because I just tried to get back in the queue and got kicked out for a 4th time on my phone.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular
    Was able to book the Sheraton, but no confirmation email. My session expired and I wasn't thinking about writing down my confirmation number so hopefully there isn't an issue there.

Finally got through...so many Thursdays sold out already. Staying 2 blocks further and ~$20 more a night than I hoped, but I guess it'll do.

Well, 3rd times a charm, sort of. None of my top 3 picks are available for whole weekend anymore. Sucks considering how fast i got in.

• evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    I couldn't find any information about occupancy limits on the site or on the site of the hotel I booked. I know last year we crammed like 8 people into the room, but I'm not sure how okay that was. Is there like a standard occupancy limit for all rooms or..?

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    I couldn't find any information about occupancy limits on the site or on the site of the hotel I booked. I know last year we crammed like 8 people into the room, but I'm not sure how okay that was. Is there like a standard occupancy limit for all rooms or..?

Agree. We are local so this is the first time I was looking but there are four of us total (two under age 18) so I was confused by the whole thing and abandoned ship. Next year, perhaps. Still, it would be nice to have a "home base" that's closer to PAX.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Is the Inn at the Washington Athletic Club new? Has anyone stayed there before? If so, how was it?