As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West 2016 [Registration] is live!

• Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    Got my tix, hotel booked last year (yay timeshare) . good luck to everyone

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Got all 4 days! Was on the restroom when my phone buzzed, did not even think and clicked the link. Hotel queue cleared at same time, but i ignored it. :P

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    It has been a long time since I felt such an adrenaline rush haha

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    Managed to get my tickets and hotel for all nights :D Now I can look forward to PAX instead of worrying about when registration will go up.

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Oh my lanz! Hotels ended up being harder to book. But I ended up with 2 sets for all four days. Legit started crying.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Almost made a mistake. My phone didn't register that I picked a Sunday pass so I had to go back through the Queue to grab one. All good now though.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Robert1759Robert1759 Registered User new member
    Just secured all four days!!! Boy was that a rush, that was more intense than Blizzcon.

So excited to go to my first ever PAX.

Good luck to all those still in the fight!

• Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Almost made a mistake. My phone didn't register that I picked a Sunday pass so I had to go back through the Queue to grab one. All good now though.

That's horrifying. Glad you got it cleared up!

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    And now my watch has ended. Got in a few seconds after hearing tweet. Got out of queue at ~1:16. Announcement for starting to go low went out at 1:19. Based on YoungFrey's response it seems like you have about a minute to get into queue in order to secure badges. I clicked on link right away and still waited about 15 mins. So it shows there is a rush of people right at beginning. Then it tapers off and you have about a minute maybe 2 before you enter the danger zone.

• Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Got my badges within 4 minutes, and my hotel (Crowne Plaza was the cheapest so got that).

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    c221uxbcpq4p.gif

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »

That's horrifying. Glad you got it cleared up!

Its all good, I was in the Queue on my computer as well so I didn't have to wait too long. I usually use that second queue to watch the sellout times for the spreadsheet though so I don't know how accurate the times will be this year.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    z0raz0ra Registered User regular
    Got a room at the Sheraton, I hope it's worth the extra $$$ It'll be my first time in a hotel at PAX :biggrin:

• Options
    XshinobiXshinobi Registered User regular
    Thank goodness it is over, best of luck to all.

• Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    z0ra wrote: »
    Got a room at the Sheraton, I hope it's worth the extra $$$ It'll be my first time in a hotel at PAX :biggrin:

Sheraton is a really sweet hotel and literally across the street from the Convention Center

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    Whew, managed to snag tickets for me and the bf. Now time to figure out my cosplay schedule.

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I got in at 1:02 and just finished about 2 minutes ago. Good luck to anyone else in queue.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    Whew - that low badge update made the last few minutes of the queue harrowing. Got in queue a minute or two after the tweet and checked out at 1:23pm. So glad this is finally done!

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
  • Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    z0ra wrote: »

Definitely will be. Your feet will thank you at the end of every day.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Sheraton's a boss hotel--they're all sweet of course, but with a choice, I'd go with the Sheraton even with the extra $$$.

• Options
    evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    How's that Crowne Plaza? I stayed at the Westin last year but the Plaza was cheapest this time around so I went with that. Good idea, bad idea?

Also, still waiting on my heartbeat to slow down from that first announcement tweet.

• Options
    rachaelmikarachaelmika Registered User regular
    Even after getting my badges, my adrenaline is still pumping through my body.

• Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Still haven't gotten email confirmation for my hotel. I'm a little anxious...

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    wightdeathwightdeath Registered User new member
    i got into the queue at 105 and i am still waiting :( 5th year trying to get pax tickets

• Options
    mbannickmbannick Registered User regular
    I'm still in line don't think I'll get tickets this year.

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    How's that Crowne Plaza? I stayed at the Westin last year but the Plaza was cheapest this time around so I went with that. Good idea, bad idea?

Also, still waiting on my heartbeat to slow down from that first announcement tweet.

Stayed there last year, no complaints. Very spacious rooms and clean. Even though it's uphill, it is right across from a rear park entrance that leads straight to the convention building.

• Options
    VirtualWizardVirtualWizard Registered User new member
    The Sheraton is a great hotel. I've stayed there several times.

Glad I set Twitter to ring my phone or I would have missed this.

• Options
    DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    Got in the queue at 1:03 PM... Still waiting :x

Got through the queue in the hotels and all hotels had a missing day in all the bookings. I mean really people how does that work?!

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • Options
    UrbanZomBUrbanZomB Registered User new member
    My buddy got in queue 1 min after me 1:03 or so, still waiting... I got mine 25 min ago... now he's concerned. :bigfrown:

• Options
    dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    I got passes for my wife and I! PAX is on its way! Lovely, glorious, beautiful PAX, upon which the entire nerd year revolves.

bn4KEyz.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I got in queue probably about 1:02, got through about 38 or so after?

• Options
    Kay, so I'm still in-queue too. :smile: It's a thing. I was in a meeting last round and didn't have a prayer, but I still went last year coz I got tickets at work and it's awesome regardless. So don't give up. There will be a secondary sale, most likely, there will be a chance maybe at a day that doesn't begin with Satur, there will be things you may be able to do. Heck, even being in Seattle that day is awesome, I promise.

PAX is awesome, so I hope everyone gets a day. Don't despair.

• Options
    jawolopingjeffjawolopingjeff Registered User new member
    I don't understand. I got in queue very quickly and made it to checkout after several minutes. But I was unable to proceed with buying tickets and there was no indication of why that was. Then I lost my place in line. Roasted and toasted.

• Options
    GiuocoGiuoco Registered User regular
    People on PC try refreshing I know they say that doesn't work, but I only did it once and it worked after waiting about 20 minutes.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    If you can go through Explorer on a PC, I keep doing it and get right through to the tickets.

I'm not buying more, just checking.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    flame_dragonflame_dragon Registered User regular
    Dang. I was taking a quiz when they went on sale and didn't get into the queue until 1:15 :(

Hopefully Friday and Saturday doesn't sell out l. I'm still in the queue.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    It's already taken longer than last year. So either they managed to squeeze more badges somehow, or they are selling at a lower rate. They might also be real-time canceling rule breakers and feeding those back in to extend the sale time.

• Options
    OMG. Okay, I just got in and all four days were still available, just to let you know. Not gloating, but for historical purposes, in at 1:05 and out at 1:46. Breathless.

• Options
    wightdeathwightdeath Registered User new member
    PookyAlert wrote: »
    Kay, so I'm still in-queue too. :smile: It's a thing. I was in a meeting last round and didn't have a prayer, but I still went last year coz I got tickets at work and it's awesome regardless. So don't give up. There will be a secondary sale, most likely, there will be a chance maybe at a day that doesn't begin with Satur, there will be things you may be able to do. Heck, even being in Seattle that day is awesome, I promise.

PAX is awesome, so I hope everyone gets a day. Don't despair.

is one day enough? its all i could afford so i hope i dont miss anything

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Giuoco wrote: »
    People on PC try refreshing I know they say that doesn't work, but I only did it once and it worked after waiting about 20 minutes.
    likely a coincidence, but it probably doesn't hurt anything.