As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2016 - Prime is dead, long live PAX

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited August 2016 in Social Entropy++
FUCrFtX.png

West is upon us! Wait, West? What happened to Prime? --- don't pay attention to him: The Management

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/205387/west-2016-registration-is-live#latest
https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/205388/west-2016-hotel-partners-are-now-live#latest
https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/205391/byoc-registration#latest

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/205762/pax-west-q-a-submission-form#latest

PAX GROUP CHAT!!
The Geek wrote: »
Here is the GroupMe link!

https://groupme.com/join_group/5077204/WQufWi

It's the same one as last year so you can just unmute it if you still have it saved. If you're not familiar with GroupMe, it's a group messaging service that is very handy at PAX. If you don't have the app itself, I believe it can also be set up for SMS use.

PAX PRE-PARTY 2016 INFORMATION!
Tonkka wrote: »
Who: You?! I mean, as long as you're a somewhat responsible adult who is above the age of 21.
What: A little harmless get together where we just hang out and stuff before some convention or something.
Why: Because shut up, you're not my real dad!
Where: Roanoke Park Place 2409 10th Ave E Seattle, WA (adoy) 98102
When: Thursday, September 1st. Starts around 7 p.m. and ends whenever the employees get tired of our shenanigans. So probably 8 o'clock (not really, I mean, I sure fucking hope not).
How: I know how I'm doing this thing, it's up to you to figure out your own path.

Past years have seen some good times, and seen some itty-bitty hiccups here and there, but overall have been a blast and I have been pleased to host all you fine people at the place of my work. HOWEVER! There are a couple of rules/guidelines that should be, uh. . . outlined.

-I'm sorry if you were born too late to attend, but yes, this is 21+ only. Maybe next year!

-Please don't pressure people in to doing more than they are comfortable with. Also, please don't try to impress anyone, we're just trying to have a good time.

-Since there is usually quite a large group of us, and we tend to congregate out on the wonderful back deck,but I must warn beforehand that we may have to close down the deck at 10 p.m.. We are located in a neighborhood and 10 is when the noise ordinance kicks in. Stupid weekday.

- @Rankenphile declared at the very first event that failing to tip the staff is a ban-able offense. He may correct me if I am incorrect, but I think we see eye to eye on this. Along these lines, be aware that we only have so much staff at our disposal and no waitstaff.

If there are any questions, go ahead and ask me. I dare you.

Uh, yeah! I can't wait!

KARAOKE!
The Geek wrote: »
I have created a Facebook event for Karaoke Night at PAX.

I have already invited local SE++ folks and other people I know off the top of my head who are going to be in town.

If I missed you, please send me a Facebook message. If I don't have you on Facebook, find my page via the forum profile page here, friend me, and ask me to send you an invite.

If you don't use Facebook, PM me here and I'll give you the deets.

shia.jpg

zerzhul on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2016
    ha, @Goose! I win! ;)

zerzhul on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I am still sitting in the queue, and I clicked the link almost immediately.

I am beginning to become nervous.

I got my hotels (partially) sorted at least.

[IMG][/img]
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Waited through the hotel queue only to get to "you're next!" And then the page cut to "you have left the line!"

Thanks queue.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Yeah no movement in the ticket queue so far for me.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Queue just updated with "We are already VERY low in badge quantities."

Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

EDIT: PAX site says that just Friday and Saturday that are low, apparently Sunday and Monday are fine. Ish.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah I got tickets! YEAAAAH

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    A birthday miracle!

Have a bad feeling about this.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    PAX West: Come for the Badge Queue, Stay for the... wait, you didn't get any tickets.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Gonna be mad if I can't get tickets even though I jumped on from the word go

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    BYOC link is up in the pax forum, if anyone does byoc

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Only just learned about it. Hoping I can get some tickets but outlook is slim...

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    GOT 'EM!

BLM - ACAB
    Still in the queue :(

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I got in line literally 2 minutes after the tweet. Probably not going to get tickets. Lol that this is still the best way to do this.

There is no good way to do this. No matter what somebody gets fucked.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    There's still a better way than this.

edited June 2016
    On the bright side, PAX South still has all badges available. Which might not be a bright side if they decide to do away with South because it's not selling well enough.

Goose! on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    There is no good way to do this. No matter what somebody gets fucked.

yeah pretty much

FIFO or Lottery, not everybody ends up happy in the end

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Goose! wrote: »
    There's still a better way than this.

Such as?

BLM - ACAB
    Goose! wrote: »
    On the bright side, PAX South still has all badges available. Which might not be a bright side if they decide to do away with South because it's not selling well enough.

South is selling plenty. It just has tons of capacity in comparison to demand

• SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    I have acquired tickets!

xet8c.gif

I managed to get a full set, though in the height of my paranoia, I decided to get in queue on both my desktop and my phone.

If I get in again, I will do my best to secure additional badges for you fine people.

[IMG][/img]
    PAX West is trending on twitter.

Oh, also; PAX Prime 4 Lyfe.

[IMG][/img]
    Has anyone who got in the queue after 1:10 gotten tickets yet? Starting to think my page is glitched.

Glad my interview is tomorrow instead of today so I didn't miss this. In related news, because I am indeed trying to get a new job when this one ends at the end of the month, I couldn't justify dropping even more money up front or else I would have snagged some for other people too.

But anyway, the streak continues into year 13!

BLM - ACAB
  • MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Has anyone who got in the queue after 1:10 gotten tickets yet? Starting to think my page is glitched.

Some people that got in at 1:02 are just now finishing....

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
    Aaaaand the hotel thing just did exactly the same thing to me again.

I guess I'll just try again at home later and get whatever hotel scraps are available, or hope the site works for my friend.

I got in right at 1 and it still took me 15 minutes to go through the queue

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hey what day is Acquisitions Inc usually on? I was only planning on getting a single day pass.

I think it was Saturday last year

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Acq Inc has moved around some. It's been on each of Friday and Saturday in Seattle, and was on Sunday at East this year.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I had the PAX twitter set up for text alerts and somehow I managed to get the tweet about tickets being low before the tweet about tickets being available.

Opty wrote: »
    I had the PAX twitter set up for text alerts and somehow I managed to get the tweet about tickets being low before the tweet about tickets being available.

Could be SMS network issues with your carrier.

BLM - ACAB
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    One of these days I'll go to PAX West

In the meanwhile, I'm glad to not have to deal with these queues

East is bad enough as is

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    May end up hoping to buy an extra set off of somebody. Still nothing.

Saturdays are now showing sold out in showclix. May be due to badges in carts, hard to tell.