As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West 2016 [Registration] is live!

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I think it's going at a slower rate. Not because of demand, but because I feel like it just took longer to get through the queue.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    One day is better than no days. You might miss some panels and whatnot, but if it was all you could afford then I would just take it and run with it and have the best day of your life :)

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    It's already taken longer than last year. So either they managed to squeeze more badges somehow, or they are selling at a lower rate. They might also be real-time canceling rule breakers and feeding those back in to extend the sale time.
    It's probably just a limit on simultaneous transactions.

• Options
    PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    LOL! It's awesome. It's not enough--4 days aren't enough, but it's so amazing, just plan as best you can and enjoy it thoroughly, call it your No Regrets day and live it fully. :biggrin:

I would totally try F5 on the wait-page. It worked for me.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I think it's going at a slower rate. Not because of demand, but because I feel like it just took longer to get through the queue.

If it took only a few minutes to get to "very low" then it shouldn't take an hour to get the rest, presumably. Unless "very low" is like 70% remaining

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Phyphor wrote: »

If it took only a few minutes to get to "very low" then it shouldn't take an hour to get the rest, presumably. Unless "very low" is like 70% remaining
    could be people having badges in carts and then releasing them

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Almost an hour in and nothing is sold out yet. Must have gotten a lot of the surrounding area this year. (or the queue is taking longer as other suggested.)

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Have you guys gotten your email confirmation for your hotel? I still haven't...

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    solomon123 wrote: »

No, but you can just log into the site and see your confirmation.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    solomon123 wrote: »

No, but you can just log into the site and see your confirmation.

Just did that. Whew, can breathe a bit..

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My twitter notification failed me, I spotted the tweet on my own 10 minutes after it went up.. and am still sitting in the queue.
    Hope burns eternal.

• Options
    EnderWiggumEnderWiggum Registered User regular
    I got mine, there's hope yet for you 1:03'ers

• Options
    PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Monday now listing as low.

• Options
    Sat just showed up a as Sold Out, but remember to refresh because more will probably time out of carts.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    flame_dragonflame_dragon Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    My twitter notification failed me, I spotted the tweet on my own 10 minutes after it went up.. and am still sitting in the queue.
    Hope burns eternal.

I feel you. I was unfortunately in class taking a quiz and didn't get into the queue until 1:15 pm. I really want to avoid the scalpers. I'm still in queue as well.

• Options
    DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    Got in the queue at 1:03 PM... Still waiting :x

Got through the queue in the hotels and all hotels had a missing day in all the bookings. I mean really people how does that work?!

UPDATE: Just completed my purchase and was able to get 2 of all 4 days

I'll just have to find a hotel elsewhere I guess :(

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Realized I didn't get a hotel confirmation e-mail and nearly died. Thankfully it was still available on the website, though I'm not sure why I didn't get one this year; I have one from last year.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »

could be people having badges in carts and then releasing them

That might be possible yeah. I just got through the queue, so maybe they throttle it heavily towards the end to avoid actually running out in case carts expire

• Options
    TabbyKatTabbyKat Registered User regular
    Got mine. I got in queue around 1:05. I can now breath... and get some lunch which I missed.

• Options
    TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    Saturday just now turned from low to sold out on the PAX West registration page.

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
  • Options
    rdldrrdldr Registered User regular
    I got in the queue at 4:01, I'm still sitting in it....

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Today has been my least productive day of work ever.

But it has been worthwhile.

And my core group of PAX friends all got badges thanks to teamwork!! ♥

The Aviatrix on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    this has been a "slow" sell out. I can only think that there wasn't a PA Club pre sale, or the site went up exactly at 10am-1pm-4pm instead of 15-20minutes early, which would account to things selling out 15-20minutes sooner

or. ya know. this video games fad is finally dead.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SpeedRacer20SpeedRacer20 Registered User regular
    For those in the queue at 2:08pm pacific time it showed all four days still available so don't give up hope for those still waiting as I just checked out.

• Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Able to get 8 nights at the Renaissance, so that was pretty good.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, got in queue probably close to 1:04 but this has been the longest I had to wait to check out, got passes at 1:50. And I was using the browser window in the Twitter app so didn't have my info saved, thumb typing all that info on an adrenalin rush made things challenging. But all set!

7lcw1cifdzb4.png
  • Options
    OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    I think I got in queue at 3min after the tweet posted. That what I remember seeing in twitter (I was in my car driving back from lunch). I clicked the link from twitter and was sitting in queue in the twitter window. I just managed to get 2x Fri and 2x Sat tickets at about 2pm.

This is my first time getting tickets directly from PA in a long time. The last few years I have just hit up Craigslist to get a single day (I live in Seattle now).

Good luck everyone.

PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sat badges are gone.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Snagged 4 days, didn't realize I couldn't use one. Oh well. Not getting a hotel since I'm local, hopefully that doesn't suck too much.

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Realized I didn't get a hotel confirmation e-mail and nearly died. Thankfully it was still available on the website, though I'm not sure why I didn't get one this year; I have one from last year.

I think most folks (including myself) haven't gotten hotel emails yet. I'm not worried though because OnPeak shows it's confirmed when I log in.

• Options
    rdldrrdldr Registered User regular
    Is anyone that got in 1-2 minutes after they went live still waiting? I am.

• Options
    HodurHodur RedmondRegistered User regular
    Sun gone also now - still in queue :(

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Sunday showing Sold Out. Friday still available.

• Options
    skitch78skitch78 Registered User regular
    rdldr wrote: »

I think you might have a problem, sir... I got in queue just before 1:04 (that's when I sent a txt message to some folks); and finished my checkout about 20 minutes later... have you tried refreshing the queue page? Good luck!

• Options

Have you done an occasional refresh?

Keyword - occasional.
    Too much and it says it will throttle or block you.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Sunday sold out after the ticket page loaded but before I could actually click on the ticket options. o.O I thought the que system was supposed to reserve until you were done.

• Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

Have you done an occasional refresh?

Keyword - occasional.
    Too much and it says it will throttle or block you.

I had that in 2014, had to refresh once and it worked ok.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    HodurHodur RedmondRegistered User regular
    Friday gone now

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Woo! 70 minutes in the queue, and managed to snag a Friday, Sunday and Monday pass!
    So glad my boss was distracted this afternoon.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    And Friday is now out.
    Of course if you didn't get any, keep checking. Unused and denied ones get repopulated.