As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West 2016 [Registration] is live!

• Options
    mbannickmbannick Registered User regular
    managed to get every day except Saturday. Should i make two reservations for the hotel rooms then try to merge them if more rooms become available later?

• Options
    PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Yeah, do a refresh once in a while, not constant or it will freak out...it should go if you just leave it (I had multiple machines going), but for me F5 was essential for getting in.

If you're local, and can walk, it's boss. Otherwise parking's going to be a torment, I do recommend public transit unless you have Swag concerns and will need storage. Even then, if you were able to team up with someone and store stuff at their hotel room, that can also work. There's loads of ways to do things post-tickets of course. :smile:

• Options
    rdldrrdldr Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Have you done an occasional refresh?

Keyword - occasional.
    Too much and it says it will throttle or block you.

Every 10 minutes. Nothing doing.

rdldr on
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Well thought I would post my thoughts on how this turned out for me.

Text came on my phone while I was sitting on the toilet. Was talking to a friend about how it was weird that tickets weren't up yet. Then the text arrived. Being a university student, I get May to August off. This meant that I could hop in the queue almost immediately. I was I'm the queue at about 2:01 my time. I was on a mobile, which meant I saw these couple of arrows spinning. I was extremely nervous that I would be too late or that my phone wouldn't work. Luckily for me I ended up getting into the ticket buying room in about 15 minutes. I ended up getting lots of tickets and was done at about 2:22. While I was hoping PayPal was an option, I had a prepaid visa just in case. The problem was that I grabbed too many tickets so it exceeded the balance on the card. Quickly I phoned my dad since he actual owns a credit card. At this point I had 3 minutes Remaining. Adrenaline pushed me past my limits of quickly typing on my phone. Super fun experience and I'm still pumped from that adrenaline rush. Hope everyone had a good time buying tickets and see everyone in September!

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Sunday sold out after the ticket page loaded but before I could actually click on the ticket options. o.O I thought the que system was supposed to reserve until you were done.

Only after you select the tickets and proceed to check out, it gives you eight minutes to complete the checkout process.

• Options
    CutiePieXOXOCutiePieXOXO Registered User regular
    Realized I didn't get a hotel confirmation e-mail and nearly died. Thankfully it was still available on the website, though I'm not sure why I didn't get one this year; I have one from last year.

I think most folks (including myself) haven't gotten hotel emails yet. I'm not worried though because OnPeak shows it's confirmed when I log in.

If you go back to your reservation and "update" it without changing anything it'll push through your confirmation. Worked for me and a friend.

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »

Text came on my phone while I was sitting on the toilet. Was talking to a friend about how it was weird that tickets weren't up yet. Then the text arrived. Being a university student, I get May to August off. This meant that I could hop in the queue almost immediately. I was I'm the queue at about 2:01 my time. I was on a mobile, which meant I saw these couple of arrows spinning. I was extremely nervous that I would be too late or that my phone wouldn't work. Luckily for me I ended up getting into the ticket buying room in about 15 minutes. I ended up getting lots of tickets and was done at about 2:22. While I was hoping PayPal was an option, I had a prepaid visa just in case. The problem was that I grabbed too many tickets so it exceeded the balance on the card. Quickly I phoned my dad since he actual owns a credit card. At this point I had 3 minutes Remaining. Adrenaline pushed me past my limits of quickly typing on my phone. Super fun experience and I'm still pumped from that adrenaline rush. Hope everyone had a good time buying tickets and see everyone in September!
    Wow, better hope you didn't buy more than was allowed

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Fri & Sun keep occasionally popping back up (even a Sat here and there) but I think it is safe to say only Monday is really left.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular

If you go back to your reservation and "update" it without changing anything it'll push through your confirmation. Worked for me and a friend.

LEGIT! Thanks for the tip. Worked like a charm!

• Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular

Wow, better hope you didn't buy more than was allowed

I didn't buy more than was allowed. For mobile, it only allows you to buy 4 sets of tickets. I ended up buying two of every day, except four for Saturday since they seemed to be quickly diminishing. Had to make sure that I grabbed some Saturdays for my friends whom I met at last year's PAX Prime.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I got in line, like 20 minutes after the twitter announcement went out. I'm still in line and most days are already sold out. I hate how this system works but the only solutions I can think of involve fewer people going to PAX or PAX being a lot larger.

• Options
    flame_dragonflame_dragon Registered User regular
    Welp, time to head over to eBay to buy some badges. I already have my hotel and flight paid for and it's non refundable so buying from scalpers are my only choice now. My flight leaves Monday morning so I can't do monday's Pax.

Congrats to everyone who got badges. This will be my first PAX Prime/West experience.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Grump. Was in a meeting when they went live, in a secure area. No tickets for me, most likely.

[excessive saltiness removed]

They went on sale one minute after I locked up my phone.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Welp, time to head over to eBay to buy some badges. I already have my hotel and flight paid for and it's non refundable so buying from scalpers are my only choice now. My flight leaves Monday morning so I can't do monday's Pax.

Congrats to everyone who got badges. This will be my first PAX Prime/West experience.

Don't buy them from eBay!!!! NO ONE has physical tickets in hand. Do not buy them right now. Buy them after they are shipped which is closer to PAX (2-4 weeks ahead of the convention). Seriously. Do not do this. You will get ripped off.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    97 minutes in queue.... still waiting.

• Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Dont do this, you will get ripped off. If you are patient and ok with waiting a bit https://www.reddit.com/r/PAXPassExchange is a great place to get badges from actual attendees at a better price that Ebay. per forum rules, badges can only be sold for a max of $10 over face value

Plus those ebay sales are violating ToS anyways and should be reported.

valdor on
    3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    flame_dragonflame_dragon Registered User regular
    valdor wrote: »

Dont do this, you will get ripped off. If you are patient and ok with waiting a bit https://www.reddit.com/r/PAXPassExchange is a great place to get badges from actual attendees at a better price that Ebay. per forum rules, badges can only be sold for a max of $10 over face value

Plus those ebay sales are violating ToS anyways and should be reported.

Thanks! I will check with that Reddit page. Did not know about that.

• Options
    And if you buy them closer to the actual event, the price of purchasing bobcats drops significantly. Just make sure you get to Seattle a little bit early to peruse Craigslist. Craigslist seems to be the place where unwanted bobcats are held for adoption

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Options
    SpeedRacer20SpeedRacer20 Registered User regular
    Monday tickets are the only ones showing as available as of 2:35pm pacific time. Yes, Craigslist Seattle will have tickets/bobcats, or whatever anyone wants to refer them by, the days leading up to the convention, more and more suddenly appear from resellers and those who can't make it at the last minute.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Notification dropped as I was leaving for work, and I don't check my phone while driving. Looks like I'm getting badges on the black market. Ugh.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    And if you buy them closer to the actual event, the price of purchasing bobcats drops significantly. Just make sure you get to Seattle a little bit early to peruse Craigslist. Craigslist seems to be the place where unwanted bobcats are held for adoption

Not a problem. I bought off ebay before I know about the subreddit. I will never look back and never allow someone to get scammed by those scum.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    I am super glad I didn't book my flight and hotel early. I was not expecting to have this much trouble getting tickets. Still waiting in line. All signs point to everything being sold out by the time I get in.

• Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    vespachica wrote: »

Don't buy them from eBay!!!! NO ONE has physical tickets in hand. Do not buy them right now. Buy them after they are shipped which is closer to PAX (2-4 weeks ahead of the convention). Seriously. Do not do this. You will get ripped off.

I'll second this. I wouldn't even consider buying anything until around the time passes start getting sent out. At least that way you're potentially covered by money back guarantees in some cases. Plus, often times people who can't make it are looking to offload their passes around that time, generally less then what people are asking for right now and in some cases at or near face value.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    rdldr wrote: »
    97 minutes in queue.... still waiting.

You're waiting for nothing. Monday is all that's left, if that.

• Options
    mcdermott wrote: »
    You're waiting for nothing. Monday is all that's left, if that.

Yup, after 107 minutes in queue, I can buy a couple monday badges. What in the hell is this crap.

• Options
    evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    Monday was left a couple minutes ago when I went through with a second card after my boyfriend bought what he could, but that was all.

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Why are they called bobcats?
    Why not badgers?
    I prefer badgers.

Regarding buying badges from unofficial sources....

If you've already booked everything to go to Seattle anyhow... If worst comes to worse, you can potentially find somebody selling outside of the convention center.
    Last year my friend flaked and texted me that he couldn't go - as I was already in line (and had been for an hour) the day of. So had to sell it right there.
    My plan has always been, if I cannot get badges beforehand, I'd go to PAX in a full costume holding a cardboard sign. (I had decided on going with a Lulu costume and a sign saying "Pix stole my badge... please help.") This would help indicate I'm not a scalper seeking to resell badges - I'm a devoted fan in need of a badge. And costumes attract attention.

And don't forget!
    They usually have a "reclaimed" badge sale or whatever later.
    Keep following Twitter for that!

The Aviatrix on
    x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    Just got through the line myself and can confirm that only monday badges are available.

• Options
    byakuenbyakuen Somewhere in SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Got mine! Txt message notification alerted me right after lunch at 1pm. So double queued with my phone and desktop. Got in first with phone at 1:12pm and picked up a set of all four days.
    At 2:39pm, got in on PC to only Fri & Mon left. Didn't buy. Good luck.

byakuen on
    ♥ Properly Pleased Participant of Past PAX PrimeWest: '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    popsiphonepopsiphone Registered User regular
    I got in que at the 19 min mark. At checkout it showed only Monday available. After about 10 f5's a Friday pass appeared! Have hope, guys. Now I just need a Saturday or Sunday. Only going two days this year because 4 days of PAX is too draining.

• Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Was only able to scoop up a Monday badge. I am so sad. I've gone every year since 2009 and last year was the first year I couldn't. And this year I wasn't fast enough ;~;

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    mbannickmbannick Registered User regular
    So can i book a hotel twice from the hotel page and merge them together as the other days become available?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2016
    Why are they called bobcats?
    a-minus-minus.png
    and
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I was expecting to get my badge in the mail and all I received is this bobcat? Wut??
    fxoVy0e.jpg

Bobcat is working as intended.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    ChickaBumpChickaBump WenatcheeRegistered User regular
    I have been the one person in my group glued to my computer for 3 weeks, stressing, panicking, not leaving the house. First time I leave my boyfriend in charge they go on sale. Thank God he was on it. Tickets bought and hotel reserved. Staying in Seattle the 1st thru the 6th for some relaxation before and after the con. Super excited! First full PAX since 2012. I may have cried when he texted me saying he got them.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    And that is it, about 2 hours. Interesting it took that long.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Does the Hyatt have a spa (hot tub) that is free for guests to use? Like without an appointment?

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    As they put it in SE++:
    #pipe wrote: »
    PAX Twitter says that badges are completely sold out.

What'd that take, two hours?

I got in the queue about 5 minutes after they went live and I only JUST got a monday ticket.

It took two hours of real life time, but judging by the time people got in the queue, I'd say Saturday and Sunday tickets took about 2 minutes to sell out, Fridays about 3 or 4, Mondays about 10.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Legacy wrote: »
    As they put it in SE++:

I got in the queue about 5 minutes after they went live and I only JUST got a monday ticket.

It took two hours of real life time, but judging by the time people got in the queue, I'd say Saturday and Sunday tickets took about 2 minutes to sell out, Fridays about 3 or 4, Mondays about 10.
    Yeah this was my observation as well. I'd bet there was just a throttle on simultaneous credit card transactions slowing queue processing time down.

• Options
    wightdeathwightdeath Registered User new member
    dont drop out of the queue because after it was showing sold out on the website and he still got a Monday ticket

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Legacy wrote: »
    As they put it in SE++:

What is the latest anyone who got a Saturday entered the queue? I did and was in at 1:01.

YoungFrey on