As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2016 - Prime is dead, long live PAX

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    One of these days I'll go to PAX West

In the meanwhile, I'm glad to not have to deal with these queues

East is bad enough as is

What is West? I only know about Prime. :rotate:

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    One of these days I'll go to PAX West

In the meanwhile, I'm glad to not have to deal with these queues

East is bad enough as is

What is West? I only know about Prime. :rotate:

Adapt, already. It's just a branding switch.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I finally got into the Sheraton! For three days. And then I have to vacate and go to another hotel.

But I got into the Sheraton!

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    edit: nevermind

Weaver on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I finally got into the Sheraton! For three days. And then I have to vacate and go to another hotel.

But I got into the Sheraton!

Lucky stiff, I almost had the Hilton, but a call stopped me from finishing the reservation in time. Motif/Red Lion, here I come! All the boozing and gaming this year, none of the parking/driving hassle!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Soooo.... anybody looking to share a room? What with last month being Homeless Month and hotel costs eating a big hole in my travel budget, come August/September my wallet is going to be a little tighter than in years past.

I am quiet, clean, and willing to compact my unconscious body into as small a space as available. Pretty much just looking for a place to sleep, shower, and keep my clothes during the day, not at all the kind of PAX person who will stay up partying and carrying on.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    I had the PAX twitter set up for text alerts and somehow I managed to get the tweet about tickets being low before the tweet about tickets being available.

Could be SMS network issues with your carrier.

Whatever it ended up being, it cost me getting tickets unfortunately.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Booked my hotel.

Attendance is 50/50, mostly depending on @Larlar showing up. :)

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Got Friday and Sunday, Saturday was sold out.

For hotel people, only the Fairmont and Springhill have rooms left.

final time count for getting through the queue, 1 hour 10 minutes

Weaver on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    did anyone happen to pick up two sets of extra passes? :(

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    still waiting...

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I feel bad... for the last couple years, I've picked up extra tickets through the Club PA offering and offered them to any forum folks who needed one, but didn't have any takers and wound up selling them over twitter to randos at the door. This year I didn't bother, and now it sounds like a bunch of you missed out.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    man I should've had PAX on my mind for May/June.

wonder if there will be later sales for returned tickets...

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    man I should've had PAX on my mind for May/June.

wonder if there will be later sales for returned tickets...

there will be, but it'll be even harder to get them

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Edit: disregard.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Got a Hyatt room, but only Fri-Mon. I prefer to get Thu-Tue, but eh. Sometimes it opens up later. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Also, yay @Larlar is gonna be there!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Well, finally got into the checkout and could only get monday passes. Oh well.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm, I wonder if I can convince our profé to bump the Aug 27 show to Sep 3 so we can do a lucha show while all you lovely people are in town.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    everything but monday is now showing sold out

• Options
    I got a monday pass!

I'm totally ok with only getting one day pass, I would prefer it was pretty much any day other than monday but whatever.

Maybe if I really really wanna go to Aquisitions Inc or something I'll borrow a pass or buy one from those sketchy dudes out front.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Got Friday and Sunday because I can't do more than 2 days. I'm old and can't party like I used to cough hack wheeze

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    I had been absentmindedly toying with doing a Roadhog cosplay...

• Options
    I'm considering Bayley cosplay.

Also another secret idea.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    #pipe wrote: »

DO IT

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Gonna be rocking Ghostbuster kit a couple days, if I decide to stick with my PPL theme, trying to decide if I want to throw anything else together

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Whippy wrote: »

DO IT

it's SO MUCH WORK

probably more than I can manage in a couple months.

And also I haven't played a single second of Overwatch

• Options
    PAX Twitter says that badges are completely sold out.

What'd that take, two hours?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

I got in the queue about 5 minutes after they went live and I only JUST got a monday ticket.

It took two hours of real life time, but judging by the time people got in the queue, I'd say Saturday and Sunday tickets took about 2 minutes to sell out, Fridays about 3 or 4, Mondays about 10.

• Options
    Wonder if we're doing the Roanoke this year since Tonka doesn't work there anymore.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular

I got in the queue about 5 minutes after they went live and I only JUST got a monday ticket.

It took two hours of real life time, but judging by the time people got in the queue, I'd say Saturday and Sunday tickets took about 2 minutes to sell out, Fridays about 3 or 4, Mondays about 10.

I got into the queue 10-11 minutes after the tweet and got everything but saturday. It took 70 minutes to get to the order page though.
    Maybe some people timed out and I got lucky?

How many people were double queued and holding up a second set of tickets while on the first order page to pop up? (Mobile and desktop, etc)

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I didn't hear about it until an hour or so later, and missed everything. This is what I get for not paying attention to these things.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Brogey wrote: »
    Booked my hotel.

Attendance is 50/50, mostly depending on Larlar showing up. :)

I can give you the Lysol 99.9% guarantee I'm going this year. That 0.01% is reserved for the standard acts of god: bad weather, relying on Tube for directions, being murdered, having my legs melted off, etc.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Larlar wrote: »
    Booked my hotel.

I can give you the Lysol 99.9% guarantee I'm going this year. That 0.01% is reserved for the standard acts of god: bad weather, relying on Tube for directions, being murdered, having my legs melted off, etc.
    I'm assuming that relying on Tube for directions results in being murdered and having your legs melted off.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    I didn't hear about it until an hour or so later, and missed everything. This is what I get for not paying attention to these things.

Meanwhile, nearly a month after they went up, SouthPax still has 3 day passes available.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    Booked my hotel.

I'm assuming that relying on Tube for directions results in being murdered and having your legs melted off.

Yeah, he's a shit navigator.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    How would people feel about a really nice sushi place for Fancy Dinner?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    How would people feel about a really nice sushi place for Fancy Dinner?

I am going to tentatively and preemptively say that I would probably be down.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I was just thinking about how I wanted to do a boss sushi dinner this year while I was at PAX!

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Apparently flying from one side of the US to the other is kind of an expensive proposition.

I might actually spend more on flights this year than hotels.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    We should eat here, it's at Pine & Bellevue, just up the road from the WSCC.

Not for fancy dinner, but for some other meal. It's really good.

There's also a place that does family style Korean where you have a grill built into the center of the table to cook everything on right across the street from my apartment, also super close to the WSCC.

Weaver on