As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

West 2016 [Hotel] Partners are now live!

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I couldn't find any information about occupancy limits on the site or on the site of the hotel I booked. I know last year we crammed like 8 people into the room, but I'm not sure how okay that was. Is there like a standard occupancy limit for all rooms or..?

Standard for most is 4 per a room. The drop downs on each hotel sub page have selections for single, double, triple or quad occupancy. Some hotel rooms are much smaller than others, so take that into consideration when figuring out roommates.

• dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    I was in que on my phone 3 different times. All 3 times when I got to my turn in line instead of it redirecting me to the main hotel site it put up a red button telling me to go back in line. 3 times....seriously? So now I don't get a hotel? I emailed on peak about this. I really hope they do right and fix this. Been going to pax since 2007

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    Got to the end of hotel registration on my phone and it threw errors at me. Now everything is gone. Just so effing sad that this crap happens.

• evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    I couldn't find any information about occupancy limits on the site or on the site of the hotel I booked. I know last year we crammed like 8 people into the room, but I'm not sure how okay that was. Is there like a standard occupancy limit for all rooms or..?

Standard for most is 4 per a room. The drop downs on each hotel sub page have selections for single, double, triple or quad occupancy. Some hotel rooms are much smaller than others, so take that into consideration when figuring out roommates.

I saw those single/double/triple options, but I wasn't really sure what they meant. Luckily we only have a group of 4 anyway, so we should be all good. ^^

• valdorvaldor Registered User regular

I saw those single/double/triple options, but I wasn't really sure what they meant. Luckily we only have a group of 4 anyway, so we should be all good. ^^

Single, double and triple is them asking you how many people will be staying in the room.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    Now I guess I wait to snipe a cancelled room in the days, weeks to come

zwitterion wrote: »

Real talk: I actually quite enjoy staking out OnPeak for hotel reservations. It's how I went from a room with partial days and not enough beds to hotel within budget, enough beds, and all days last year.

• contendrcontendr Registered User regular
    oil_52 wrote: »
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Got the Motif. Anyone has experience with them? Looks pretty good on TripAdvisor.

I stayed at motif the past 2 years and it a great location. I wanted motif but when it was my turn they didnt have any quad rooms left.

Good to hear. Motif was the closest hotel with all 5 nights available when I got in, so I booked it without knowing much about it.

• CadrysCadrys Registered User regular
    Queue kicked me out 4 times from the "front" of the line (Android Chrome). By the time I got back to the office and tried from Windows Chrome, nobody had any rooms for the entire time.

No matter where you go, there you are.
  • windfallwindfall Registered User regular
    zwitterion wrote: »

Yeah that's my plan as well.

• thegh0stthegh0st Registered User regular
    I always go for hotel before badges and definitely clicked within 5 seconds of the on peak link going live. So I got into the site immediately and didn't queue.
    Single bed rooms weren't even option at Sheraton and Wednesday Aug 31 + Monday Sep 5 were already showing as sold out.

I'm wondering if anyone managed to get a room w/ one bed there or book those two dates?

Has any one stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel? It was the cheaper hotel that I could actual get all my days. It looks pretty fancy pants.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • MiddyBotMiddyBot Registered User regular
    I got kicked out more than 10 times without redirecting properly... After more than an hour and a half, by the time I got it, just a lot of random nights... Guess I'll try camping for extra days too, or try switching hotels between different days :c This year's onpeak hotel was a mess, got badges in 10mins no problem, thought getting a hotel would be smooth sailings too...

• Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular
    Still no confirmation email for the Sheraton, I'm starting to get a little more worried.

I wonder how many groups had multiple members make hotel reservations just in case. I think that would be the ideal situation for cancellations.

Still no confirmation email for the Sheraton, I'm starting to get a little more worried.

If you long into OnPeak does it show up your hotel details? If so, you should be fine. I didn't get an email either but my reservation still showed. Also a good tip I got from another PAXer in the Registration thread:

If you go back to your reservation and "update" it without changing anything it'll push through your confirmation. Worked for me and a friend.

Go to your reservation in OnPeak, select to modify the reservation and hit update without changing anything. This will push the email through. It worked for me and a few others.

4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    valdor wrote: »

Go to your reservation in OnPeak, select to modify the reservation and hit update without changing anything. This will push the email through. It worked for me and a few others.

Worked for me also, even though i got the same page saved from firefox. I feel better having the email as a backup.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Couldn't do it on my phone earlier, and trying just now most were sold out for the weekend ill be in :( but usually more will open up/be let out closer we get, so I'll be persistent and not give up hope!

• Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular

If you long into OnPeak does it show up your hotel details? If so, you should be fine. I didn't get an email either but my reservation still showed. Also a good tip I got from another PAXer in the Registration thread:

If you go back to your reservation and "update" it without changing anything it'll push through your confirmation. Worked for me and a friend.

I didn't copy down the log in info from on peak and my 'session' expired even though I got to the 'Your All Set' page. So don't have log in info on hand. I contacted onPeak but now I'm worried I missed some other confirmation button or something.

• Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    Potatoeman wrote: »
    Couldn't do it on my phone earlier, and trying just now most were sold out for the weekend ill be in :( but usually more will open up/be let out closer we get, so I'll be persistent and not give up hope!

It wouldn't work for me until we requested the desktop site, and by the time we realized that everything was sold out.

May PAX be upon you.
  • PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular

It wouldn't work for me until we requested the desktop site, and by the time we realized that everything was sold out.

Yeah, I was out eating with my friend at Chili's and we both hopped in the queue on our phones freaking out because last year the queue seemed way shorter. Than after we got tickets I got in line for the hotel page but it wouldn't allow me to choose attendee, only exhibitor or DEV :(

• adele822adele822 Registered User regular
    I see the Paramount Hotel isn't an option this year. They've gone so downhill and overpriced since they changed ownership, it's too bad. I liked staying there

• YakivegasYakivegas Registered User regular
    Count me as one of those that got booted multiple times (iPhone). Got to the "front" of the queue, then went nowhere as I was being "transferred" to the reservation site. Has this been a problem before?

All bleeding stops...eventually.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    OnPeak has had a variety of issues over the years. It seems the biggest issue this year was mobile-site focused.

• DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    Just got my onPeak confirmation email! About 9 hours after booking it :P

I was looking over the thread from last year and there were more rooms made available later. Is that expected to happen this year as well?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I finally got my OnPeak confirmation email. At 10:40PM.

• MiddyBotMiddyBot Registered User regular
    Are you allowed to book two different hotels through OnPeak? I'm hoping for getting different nights at different places but since they recognize me from my first booking, I can't seem to add another reservation...

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    MiddyBot wrote: »
    Are you allowed to book two different hotels through OnPeak? I'm hoping for getting different nights at different places but since they recognize me from my first booking, I can't seem to add another reservation...

Give them a call. They should have a phone number on your first booking for onpeak itself.

• StingrayXStingrayX Redding, CARegistered User regular
    I'll stick to other hotels. I don't mind walking an extra mile or 2 saving hundreds of dollars.

StingrayX.png
  • TabbyKatTabbyKat Registered User regular
    Last year I made multiple reservations for each night using different emails. Later in the summer I was able to consolidate to one hotel for all five nights, it just took other people canceling a few weeks before PAX. I wouldn't be concerned about hotel, there is still plenty of time.

Thankfully this year I got in line quickly and got our group of four settled at Homewood Suites. Phew.

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Has any one stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel? It was the cheaper hotel that I could actual get all my days. It looks pretty fancy pants.

I stayed there for 2013. It's pretty legit. I don't remember it being super fancy. Good value though. There is also a room that's haunted apparently. My friends went to go check it out and never returned... J/k, but they do say it's haunted.

BTW: Out of all my stays at hotels for PAX our favorite room has been at the Mayflower. Even more than the Sheraton. I don't remember why but we got upgraded to a nicer room where our beds were in a separate bedroom. So we had a living room and kitchen. But yeah, that was dumb luck.

solomon123 on
    xg81x9uysw01.png
    I'm getting nonstop busy signals when trying to call onPeak. Trying to tweak my reservation. =/

xg81x9uysw01.png
    solomon123 wrote: »

I stayed there for 2013. It's pretty legit. I don't remember it being super fancy. Good value though. There is also a room that's haunted apparently. My friends went to go check it out and never returned... J/k, but they do say it's haunted.

Well, you just made my GF sploosh her pant...... She is super into horror and finds walking in graveyards "relaxing"......

4 Year Pax West Attendee
    solomon123 wrote: »

Well, you just made my GF sploosh her pant...... She is super into horror and finds walking in graveyards "relaxing"......

lol nice. Yeah you can find info about it if you Google it.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    I'm always amazed by how quickly everything goes. Was in queue before 60 seconds had passed of going live, had to settle for 5th choice in order to get all 5 nights we are staying.

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    adele822 wrote: »
    I see the Paramount Hotel isn't an option this year. They've gone so downhill and overpriced since they changed ownership, it's too bad. I liked staying there

Noticed this as well. Liked the Paramount. Stayed there multiple years. Great sushi happy hour downstairs.

edited June 2016
    adele822 wrote: »

Stayed there in 2014. It was dope. Right by the Paramount Theatre but we still missed out on meeting Hironobu Sakaguchi, sadly.

Edit: I also noticed that the Roosevelt Hotel had very few options this year. No quads or anything.

solomon123 on
    xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular

Correction, apparently we reserved 2 rooms during the bugginess, one of them that could be expanded. I called On Peak to confirm everything and delete the duplicates so our hotel is all set, looks like luck was on our side.

May PAX be upon you.