As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - PATV - Acquisitions Incorporated: The Series – Episode 01

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - Acquisitions Incorporated: The Series – Episode 01

Welcome to the pilot season full of new Acquisition Incorporated adventures, filmed on-location in an actual basement, delivered episodically for your amusement.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• cdLunchboxcdLunchbox Registered User new member
    I'm so happy this is an official series. Can't wait for more!

• Robert DoddsRobert Dodds Registered User new member
    Wonderful stuff, thanks for making this a more regular thing :D

• BlargdonBlargdon Deadly Handsome Man houstonRegistered User regular
    Doesn't seem like great dwarf security to me. Everyone knows that the song of the day should always be "Highway to the Danger Zone". Which, I'm sure, is totally epic when played on Bagpipes.

• HeWhoSeesHeWhoSees Registered User regular
    No. Way. (fifteen minutes of uncontrollable squeeing follows)

• jcrobinsonjcrobinson Registered User new member
    Er Mah Gherd, YES. So as much as I have been tempted to become a club PA member... I have never done it just yet. But now... I will pay money to keep this a thing. Been waiting on this.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Well that was fan-fucking-tastic. Loved the intro video, makes me want more Blaminations

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • GeekDawgGeekDawg Sys Admin OklahomaRegistered User new member
    Best. Show. Ever.

• quazi420quazi420 Dwarf of Enormous Impotence Registered User new member
    I'm really stoked that this is finally a thing. I'm so happy that the folks at PA and WotC decided to do this for the fans of the podcast and live shows. Of all the things I like about PA, this is one of the things that I would certainly pay money for (along with Strip Search 2.0), and the fact that its free is so awesome. I hope that they are able to monetize it though, so we can be sure to see more in the future.

Cheers.

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Welp, I just figured out Omin and his family's naming scheme, and now I feel real dumb.

Edit: Fun so far though!

Kane Red Robe on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    That was a nice basement. How much of it is set dressing versus original Fehlauer?

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a master link list to all the old installments? WotC seems to have finally sorted all the old podcast episodes from their other Developer Podcasts (link), but I feel like I'm missing a couple steps in the story after the switch to live PAX games (like how the hell they ended up in Waterdeep in the first place).

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • MawuRavensongMawuRavensong Registered User regular
    Waited so long for these....the next epic thing is AQI meets Vox-Machina with chris and matt duel dm'ing

• CoruscaCorusca defy the tyrannous stars New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a master link list to all the old installments? WotC seems to have finally sorted all the old podcast episodes from their other Developer Podcasts (link), but I feel like I'm missing a couple steps in the story after the switch to live PAX games (like how the hell they ended up in Waterdeep in the first place).

Between that list and the live shows that is everything, I think. At the end of "The Last Will and Testament of James Dark Magic I" (PAX Prime 2011) the Darkmagic estate goes flying through the void and tears itself apart (this was also the last show to use 4th Edition I believe). During the next year's live show, "The Lost Episode", its not explicitly stated where they ended up, just the Underdark somewhere, but at the beginning of the Ark of the Mad Mage podcast prelude Chris mentions that after the house crashed they found themselves in Faerun and just kinda left it where it crashed, just outside of Waterdeep. The Ark podcast actually addresses at the beginning Omin's God Avandra not existing in Forgotten Realms, and instead he finds an aspect of her in Tymora.

Corusca on
    no gods
    no masters
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Corusca wrote: »

Between that list and the live shows that is everything, I think. At the end of "The Last Will and Testament of James Dark Magic I" (PAX Prime 2011) the Darkmagic estate goes flying through the void and tears itself apart (this was also the last show to use 4th Edition I believe). During the next year's live show, "The Lost Episode", its not explicitly stated where they ended up, just the Underdark somewhere, but at the beginning of the Ark of the Mad Mage podcast prelude Chris mentions that after the house crashed they found themselves in Faerun and just kinda left it where it crashed, just outside of Waterdeep. The Ark podcast actually addresses at the beginning Omin's God Avandra not existing in Forgotten Realms, and instead he finds an aspect of her in Tymora.

Ah, sounds like that podcast is the missing piece. I didn't know they still recorded any podcasts after the live episodes started, actually.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    edited June 2016
    Corusca wrote: »

Ah, sounds like that podcast is the missing piece. I didn't know they still recorded any podcasts after the live episodes started, actually.

The Ark podcast was an isolated kinda thing. After Wil got a little too famous again to be able to regularly make the live shows, they hunted for a new intern for a bit before deciding on Patrick, but they had to convince Wizards that it was a good idea. Wil is a well known face and draws a lot of star appeal, and while Pat is a critically acclaimed and beloved author, Wizards marketing weren't sure it would work the same for some reason. So I think the idea was to make the podcast series, and if it was bad to never release or speak of it again, but if it was good to proceed with the Ark of the Mad Mage live show which is what happened.

The Ark podcast is definitely something you should listen to in order to get the best experience with the Ark live show. Its more or less the first half of the story, including like the first few levels of Undermountain. There is also a 4 part series after the live shows started from 2012 just called "Penny Arcade/PVP Next" which isn't a session but more a discussion they had right before 5th Edition was about to come out in which they update their character sheets and talk about the new edition mechanics. Chronologically it was published between the 2011 and 2012 live show.

(I also highly recommend the Dark Sun series if you haven't listened to it, in which Jerry DMs a Dark Sun session for Mike, Scott, and Kris Straub. Worth it for Straub alone.)

Corusca on
    no gods
    no masters
  • LovedumplingxLovedumplingx Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I just want to know where the DM got that awesome shirt. Anyone know?

Lovedumplingx on
  • WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I am super pleased with the episode and am looking forward to receiving a lot more Acq Inc.

Question: Has anyone involved said anything about what the episode release schedule will be like? I couldn't find anything anywhere... I need to know how to plan my life around this. Thanks.

WordLust on
  • GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    I just want to know where the DM got that awesome shirt. Anyone know?

This? Mr. Perkins told someone via Twitter to google search for "todd james d&d shirt".

https://mishkanyc.com/clothing/dungeons-dragons-todd-james-dungeon-t-shirt-black

edited June 2016
    WordLust wrote: »
    I am super pleased with the episode and am looking forward to receiving a lot more Acq Inc.

Question: Has anyone involved said anything about what the episode release schedule will be like? I couldn't find anything anywhere... I need to know how to plan my life around this. Thanks.

From Tycho's blog post today:

"I gotta make sure you know about Acquisitions Incorporated: The Series. Gotta.

Right now, new episodes go up on Wednesdays, you can trust that part."

If they stick to the trend of other PATV shows, new episodes will probably go up around midnight Pacific time Tuesday night. Unlike other PATV shows however, it doesn't look like Club PA members are getting episodes of this one in advance. For spoiler reasons, maybe? I'm cool with watching the story unfold along with everyone else.

Corusca on
    no gods
    no masters
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Well that was fan-fucking-tastic. Loved the intro video, makes me want more Blaminations

I am never not wanting more blams, and that intro makes me so happy. (Also the recent (pre-pax?) teaser that I only just saw)

• ShellbackShellback Registered User regular
    Oh, how I do love that this is a thing.

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    I assume this is going to be a longer campaign. I like that as you can tell the difference in their playing - they're being more cautious and curious instead of just going for laugh lines.

IMO, cautious and curious players are the best kind, because they're harder to trick and they'll pay attention to the world, which rewards a DM for doing their homework.

• ButterstickButterstick Registered User new member
    edited February 2017
    I want to start by thanking Mike and Jerry-- I found PA during a rough time in 08'- first it started with the comic strips, then I had to master the game (sadly have not got to play episodes 3 or 4...seriously it bothers me, at night mostly....keeps me awake, cold sweats and all..you know). I was even a member of a PA guild on WoW...

but life plays me and alas i must refocus sometimes and put the controller on the shelf for a bit....

Recently, I was scrolling YouTube and what's this " PAX South, I missed another fucking PAX"!? *ROAR, I will breath fire and destroy all you hold dear, starting with your copy of Hancock* While my husband and son ran for cover at the nearest ColdStone, (I was a bit upset) I watched my first Acquisitions Inc. D&D...

I remember my brothers playing D&D and letting me help paint figures and models- never allowed to play. (So I'm a very new player, didn't know Chris before PAX, but knew Drizzt and Salvatore...is that common?) Watching you guys play I was entertained, but mostly I was inspired to learn more about how to play. I believe that distributed practice is the best way to learn, I have been watching the videos, listening to the pod casts--at first it was binge, now I have them playing in the background for a couple hours during which I have created a character for my son Marek. He is 6 years old and has moderate form of Cerebral Palsy, he loves Sci-Fi, Fantasy, games, etc. Although he is working on the fine motor skills needed to participate, he has found something that motivates him to work hard and love doing it. I could go into the character, but it's pretty complex, as I'm working his disability in...but there's nothing in the handbooks for something like that...if anyone expert in D&D (dm or player) would be ok if I could toss a brief outline of his character and get some feedback on if it would work? I'd be very grateful.

Mike and Jerry--Thank you, I know thousands have said it : you guys are apart of my life and you have made a difference. From my family to yours love and gratitude. (BTW- I will grovel at Binwin's feet for his return, I'm willing to embarrass myself publicly!...justsaying)

Butterstick on
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    @Butterstick there is a whole subforum for D&D and similar games : http://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/critical-failures

I bet someone there can answer that.

steam_sig.png