As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Injustice 2] Ninja Turtles? Ninja Turtles.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I hope Constantine, Swamp Thing, Dr. Fate, and Question get a chance to join the fray this time around. I think all 4 characters could have a fun fighting style in Injustice 2.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I'm really excited about this. Injustice is one of my favourite fighting games of all times and I had so many good memories playing it with Local H Jay and others here.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I didn't care much for the first game. The story was fun, but I really didn't care for the gameplay.

But I want this immediately because I love DC. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I had a great time playing Injustice. I hope the sequel is equally as fun.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    There's an image going around with someone in an Injustice 2 t-shirt, which shows 9 images like the ones in the beginning of the trailer;

Superman's S, Batman's cowl, Wonder Woman's shield, Aquaman's trident, Flash's boots, Atrocitus' lantern, Harley Quinn's hammer, Captain Cold's gun-

But more excitingly, Doctor Fate's helmet

Tairu on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Captain Cold should have been in the last one for sure

Dr. Fate hype!!!

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Captain Cold over Mr. Freeze? Blasphemy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3h04pvbMY

There are way too many freeze related people in the DC universe... And even then I think that video is missing 2 or 3.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    As long as Harley makes the cut, I don't care who else that add. I would like Poison Ivy to be in the game too. Get some Ivy and Harley hijinx going.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Too many Batman bad guys, and Captain is a Flash baddie

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    MK style fighting is a little too study-heavy for me, but I enjoyed the first one as just a knockabout. I always feel like every character requires me to sit down and read a book about it before I can just jump in and play though.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    CkhVSfkUgAQiVsB.jpg

Is the image too big?

EDIT: Gameplay at 5:00 PM PST on twitch.tv/netherrealm.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50qZNiRfa8&feature=share

Gameplay trailer is out, featuring Grodd and Atrocitus.

Main thing to note, Atroctus fights alongside Dex-Starr the blue rage kitty.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Also Black Manta was briefly shown and Captain Colds gun was in the intro it appears

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    That actually looks pretty rad.

I hope some day they do another MK vs DC. And make it cheesy as fuck.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Black Manta looks like a stage transition to me, but he was wedged in between what looked like super moves so i'm getting mixed signals.

Martian Manhunter started as a background NPC but then got a full release as DLC

That said I would love Black Manta, especially if he's designed as an anti-Aquaman in play style

• darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Constantine and Swamp Thing would be awesome. And a weird Sandman DLC.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Constantine and Swamp Thing would be awesome. And a weird Sandman DLC.

They've been part of the main DC universe since New52. Constantine was also fantastic in the Injustice comic.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Swamp Thing would be amazing

The Question too

Seriously make The Question play like Q from SF3
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e9TtOo__aD0

Im digging what theyre showing for Injustice 2. Gonna be a long wait for the complete edition... must remain strong...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Im digging what theyre showing for Injustice 2. Gonna be a long wait for the complete edition... must remain strong...

Right? But can you hold out? I always say I will and then, well, don't. Heh.

Also, buying MKX on PC has soured me on fighting games (even though it was my own damn fault for doing that). Looking forward to Injustice 2.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    https://youtu.be/QlRp__ZB0Zg
    Some gameplay. Looks like you can miss with your super attack but it doesn't go away, you just lose a bar of meter. The ability button is still there, as are the crazy stage transitions. Looks like the equipment that drops at the end of each match is random. Batman, Superman and Aquaman look like they play largely the same. The Clash system is still there. New supers for most of the characters it seems.

Customisation looks pretty cool. You can equip entirely different gear and chose a preferred color palate. Something they equipped on Supergirl changed her eye lasers from Red to Pink. The gear seems to have pretty small bonuses but I am sure with the right combo of items you can do some crazy stuff. The custom Batman they show around 13 mins in is pretty god damn slick.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Aquamans face looks puffy, or something?

Yeah I don't like his look at all. He looked a bit better in the first game, but I would prefer a Hook hand Aquaman with beard and long Fabio hair

Supergirl's face looks kind of puffy too. I think she's played by Laura Bailey though, so that's awesome.

https://youtu.be/eBLZ7LOoW9o
    Blue Beetle looks so cool

Holy shit that looks awesome

Im beginning to think there won't be a "complete" edition for this game. Or if there is, it's going to come out way later than I'm patient enough to wait for. Costume DLC wont be a concern since I'll be more interested in phat lewts. MKX had two rounds of character DLC, and Boon says he wants to crank it up for Injustice 2 which makes me think it's going to take forever for a complete edition. I think I'm better off just buying the game at release.

edited July 2016
    I've never got holding off until the "complete" edition. If the game launches with plenty of good characters that's my metric. Content for me is less about complete and more about if it's personally worth it to me for the current asking price.

I would've hated to wait until now to play all the awesome characters in MKX just to get the post launch Dlc characters cheaper

Like if a game launched with barely any characters or not enough content then yeah I would wait, but if it launches with the same amount of characters or content a game would have with no dlc plans then I buy it

Prohass on
    I prefer to have all the content available in one shot, before the game itself loses its spot as the game im playing. By the time the MKX characters came out, Id moved on from the game. So i tried each character out and saw their arcade ladder ending and that was it. Not really an issue of trying to be thrifty.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I can understand why Netherrealm wouldn't talk about a complete edition of Injustice 2 because they don't want to hurt the sales of the standard version. However if they plan to do away with new editions I wish they'd come out and say it because they'd be losing out on MY money. At this point I've been trained to wait and it doesn't make much sense to wait for nothing.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    edited July 2016
    i mean obviously if theyre doing more dlc than MKX theyll probably release a complete edition, but itll be at least a year away, and by that time the dlc will probably be on sale anyway for a similar price. I can understand if you want to do your gaming in one big smack and dont want to go back in whenever they release new characters, but youre definitely going to be waiting a long time either way. Personally asking me to wait like that is a test of my willpower that I will always lose.

Dont care how I want it now!

Prohass on
    There was a small bit about this game in the newest GI and Ed Boon said they are adding "More characters via DLC" than ever before. Going off the 8 characters released for MKX that probably means at least 10 DLC guys.

• DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    Holy crap, they made a Street Fighter 3? I thought they were still making #2.

As for Injustice, I enjoyed playing through the storyline, but didn't get into the gameplay itself. I'm hoping 2 is better.

Got an email saying they are adding Suicide Squad to Injustice... but it was for the mobile app. They were straight up ripped from the movie in design, Joker, Harley and Deadshot. Wondering if that means Deadshot or any other Squadies will be in Injustice 2.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I quit playing the mobile app a whole long time ago, but I've been quite impressed with the way they have continued to support it. I know mobile gaming is the way of the future, but I'm still surprised when tie-in games have a longer tail than their console counterparts. For all intents and purposes, Injustice 1 is dead on consoles. But apparently the mobile app is live and thrivin'.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    I quit playing the mobile app a whole long time ago, but I've been quite impressed with the way they have continued to support it. I know mobile gaming is the way of the future, but I'm still surprised when tie-in games have a longer tail than their console counterparts. For all intents and purposes, Injustice 1 is dead on consoles. But apparently the mobile app is live and thrivin'.

Part of it is that it's free, and it beats making a new game for each new movie.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    The mobile game actually has several characters that the console version doesn't.

Off the top of my head I know they've got Darkseid (with 2 different costumes), Static, Reverse Flash (who apparently has a separate moveset from regular Flash), Arkham Knight, and I think maybe one or two others. Plus a bunch of costumes that aren't in the console versions.

Granted, in the mobile game they don't have as many moves (just a light combo, heavy combo, two specials, a super move, and a passive effect).

I don't know if you can use those extra characters as evidence for Injustice 2, as a majority of them were cross-promotions for whatever DC product was coming out at the time. Darkseid and Static are the exceptions though (and Ed Boon did claim that Static came in second on that character poll he did for the first game).

• Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    I hope Constantine, Swamp Thing, Dr. Fate, and Question get a chance to join the fray this time around. I think all 4 characters could have a fun fighting style in Injustice 2.

As long as we get Jason Todd/Red Hood instead of Deathstroke, I'll be happy.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234