As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

JK Simmons, RIP-

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I bet J Jonah Jameson could take spiderman if he looked like that.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    What the FUCK is this bullshit about?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    please do not punch my femoral neck

it'll toughen up your pelvic floor.

Strengthen your core and pelvic floor
    everybody walk the dinosaur

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    man what a dumb idea for a thread title

just, wow

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    You outta be fucking ashamed of yourself, geebs

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    So, I knew he was "getting ripped" when I saw an article about it on AV Club

And when I saw the title I was like oh no! he exercised himself to death!

10/10 thread Geebs

vEaRQgH.png
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I had seen these pictures a few days ago and assumed he had a heart attack while working out.

Never expected a sequel to Santa With Muscles
    RFsGc7o.jpg

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Pff, he could be Spiderman without needing Spidey blood to boost his muscles
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=aRhze-CEdcU

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

Pff, he could be Spiderman without needing Spidey blood to boost his muscles
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=aRhze-CEdcU
    Every time i forget how good those first two movies are something shows up and reminds me

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    excuse me, haters

but the thread title is very good

EzUAYcn.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    excuse me, haters

but the thread title is very good
    Judging by your thread-making history we can't exactly trust your standards now can we?

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I have no clue why he'd need to be that ripped To be Gordon.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    uh, MODS

sup

Hey how you doin

badda boom, realest mod in the room

BLM - ACAB
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    years from now, you know someone is going to bump this thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I have no clue why he'd need to be that ripped To be Gordon.
    GordonArkham1.PNG

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Falx on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    How much can we raise to get Geebs banned?

if you reach the highest kickstarter stretch goal, we'll not only ban Geebs but randomly draw one backer to take his place

Hail :hydra:!

steam_sig.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    How much can we raise to get Geebs banned?

if you reach the highest kickstarter stretch goal, we'll not only ban Geebs but randomly draw one backer to take his place

Hail :hydra:!

No, no, that's if we double the stretch goal

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I guess I'm the only one who had previously seen the photo of him shredded af, noticed the hyphen and went, "clever" before clicking?

Get the Internet, grandpas.

edited June 2016

Falx on
    Falx wrote: »
    Yeah, clearly it's the people who are not 100% up to date on every single thing about every celebrity's going on's fault for being upset. We just need to get gud.

It's not like people get cut down randomly in shocking and tragic ways or anything.

Look, if you just leave your balls lying around, someone's liable to come around and break 'em.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man I think this goof is dumb but trying to guilt Geebs over an ultimately harmless joke because an entirely unrelated young singer was tragically shot is super shitty, dogg

CYpGAPn.png
    edited June 2016

Falx on
    It was a pun about him being ripped

No one died

You are bringing in an actual tragic death that has nothing to do with any of this and that is super, super gross, man

CYpGAPn.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Man I think this goof is dumb but trying to guilt Geebs over an ultimately harmless joke because an entirely unrelated young singer was tragically shot is super shitty, dogg

Maybe the point is death isn't a joke. As far as I'm concerned, that's what is shitty, dogg.

Also, 2016 has suuuuucked in this particular department

edited June 2016

Falx on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    The thread title is bad and Geebs should go to prison for his crimes

20 years Iso-cubes

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I saw this thread title and thought "Oh my god his arms exploded and it probably took out a city block with him."

Blankzilla wrote: »
    It was a pun about him being ripped

No one died

You are bringing in an actual tragic death that has nothing to do with any of this and that is super, super gross, man

Yes I am aware that this was an attempt at humour, thank you. The "punchline" involved fooling people into thinking a beloved figure had died. As I pointed out by using that link, death is unpredictable and indiscriminate and any other meaning you are getting out of it is your own invention. Death is something we all dread touching our lives and using that to get a cheap laugh is far, far more gross than anything I arguably did using that link to illustrate my point. But whatever, you're free to choose what upsets you and I don't care enough to argue with you for longer than it takes to finish this sentence, peace out.

Everything about this post makes me unhappy.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Imagine how much unhappier you'd be if you thought JK Simmons, beloved star of the screen, had died in a year that already saw the loss of Prince, David Bowie, Muhammad Ali, etc.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    etc, huh? they were that important to you?

ikbUJdU.jpg
    I saw the thread title and immediately thought that it was going to be a ripped pun, but i'm also a fan of excessive punishment for forum crimes and I think incarceration sounds good

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    have any more famous people died this year than actually die in any randomly selected year

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    have any more famous people died this year than actually die in any randomly selected year

Depends on who you feel is famous. I do remember posts about previous years sucking due to beloved celebrities dying. "this year=shit" isn't a new thing.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I liked the joke, Geebs

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    The assertion that you should never joke about death is something I strongly disagree with. Humour is an important way of coping with tragedy for a lot of people

PSN- AHermano
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    idk if tempering loss with humor extends to tricking people into thinking someone is dead when they are not (intentionally or not)

especially when it's in the service of a meme that's already been out in the sun too long

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    For the record I don't think the joke is very good

I just also think it is super shitty to try and guilt someone over a bad, but ultimately, harmless joke by dragging a very recent tragic death that is entirely unrelated into the conversation

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.