As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2016 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I can't remember if the VR area at east kept expo hours or regular show hours.

They kept expo hours, they were open until midnight the first two nights.

BUT--you need to sign up in advance. If you wait in the standby line, it would take hours and you still might not get in. I didn't get in, but I played a bunch of VR at other places at the show so that was fine, but just a heads up to sign up early in the free play area (if they do it the same as East).

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • TabbyKatTabbyKat Registered User regular
    Are there any service fees/taxes or so on for badges? If yes, approximately how much?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Pavio wrote: »

BUT--you need to sign up in advance. If you wait in the standby line, it would take hours and you still might not get in. I didn't get in, but I played a bunch of VR at other places at the show so that was fine, but just a heads up to sign up early in the free play area (if they do it the same as East).

That is show hours. Expo hours is closes at 6:00 PM.
    TabbyKat wrote: »
    Are there any service fees/taxes or so on for badges? If yes, approximately how much?

To my knowledge, only shipping fees. Which was $7.50 (flat rate, not per person) for PAX South. If you live outside the US, you can opt for will-call passes and avoid shipping fees by picking them up at the show.

YoungFrey on
    YoungFrey wrote: »

To my knowledge, only shipping fees. Which was $7.50 (flat rate, not per person) for PAX South. If you live outside the US, you can opt for will-call passes and avoid shipping fees by picking them up at the show.

We're in the US so no worries about that. Thank you!

• ryamkajrryamkajr Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Just a Showclix question. Does using a VPN interfere in any way with the queue system, somehow not allowing one to maintain a position in the queue?

ryamkajr on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    ryamkajr wrote: »
    Just a Showclix question. Does using a VPN interfere in any way with the queue system, somehow not allowing one to maintain a position in the queue?
    I doubt it. Maybe tweet that at http://twitter.com/official_pax though?

• ryamkajrryamkajr Registered User regular
    To answer my own question, using a VPN does NOT have a negative impact on your ability to purchase tickets.

Maybe something to add to the FAQ? I know some people had the same question on Reddit.

• meatpanmeatpan Registered User new member
    So, I've heard that getting multiple tickets shipped to one address can cause them to cancel your booking.

Me and my boyfriend both bought tickets separately, from different computers, with different credit cards but the one shipping address. Does anyone know if this would cause a problem?

• evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    If between the two of you, you went over the limit of 4 of each day, there's definitely a chance that it will. But if you each only bought one of each day, you should be fine.

meatpan wrote: »
    So, I've heard that getting multiple tickets shipped to one address can cause them to cancel your booking.

Me and my boyfriend both bought tickets separately, from different computers, with different credit cards but the one shipping address. Does anyone know if this would cause a problem?

Preemptively contact them. Explain the situation. In my experience the staff just wants to help.

• meatpanmeatpan Registered User new member
    If between the two of you, you went over the limit of 4 of each day, there's definitely a chance that it will. But if you each only bought one of each day, you should be fine.

Yeah we just got the one each! I figured it would be ok!

meatpan wrote: »

It could be an issue if the combination went over the badge limit.

• JagerkinJagerkin Registered User new member
    Scribbled wrote: »
    Any chance of VR headsets being available in the PC freeplay area this year now that the Vive and Oculus are officially out?
    There was a whole VR area at East. I would be surprised if there wasn't a similar thing for West.

Well, there goes any chance I had of not getting the PAX Pox again.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    ciderspace wrote: »
    Why did you change the name from PAX Prime? Were the East Coasters complaining too much about feeling inferior? I think they could have lived with a taste of how they treat everyone else the other 99% of the time. But what do I know - we ain't got no kultchah out heahhhh...

Its true, we Massholes have little love for anyone 99%, err, 99.99% of the time, but I have to say I prefer the name Prime over West any day. But it is was it is.

ClannMorgan on
  • killthealiaskillthealias Registered User new member
    What sort of ID do I need to pick up my ticket at will call?

• aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    What sort of ID do I need to pick up my ticket at will call?

Any photo ID.

• PitaaaaPitaaaa Registered User new member
    So I was in class and RIIING! PAX West tickets are on sale. Me and my friend jump around in excitement XD. But our parents were too slow so we only managed to get monday passes -.-.

Is monday still ok? what are the conditions/hours? is there still good stuff?

• HodurHodur RedmondRegistered User regular
    As far the the expo goes: Mondays are the most laid back day imo. I prefer to attend on Friday, then again on Monday to give my legs a nice rest in between. I typically go solo Fridays and take my kids on Mondays because I've found the people staffing the booths have more time to chat (but you'll hear a lot of voices about to give out after talking for 4 days straight)

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Monday is still wonderful :D Every day is great.

"Good stuff" will depend upon your definition.

A lot of merch is likely to be sold out. (For example, I think the LootCrate booth last year was empty all of Monday.) Freebies depends upon the vendor - some will ensure they have stuff every day, others won't. However, some vendors will have too much stuff and give extras away on Monday.

There's not as much stuff after the expo hall closes. Hours according to the site for Monday are
    Expo: 10am-6pm
    Show: 10am - 7pm

However, Monday PAX is still PAX! Expo hall will still be open, there will still be panels, there will still be free play areas, and there will still be AMAZING people all around you!

(What you mean by "conditions" I do not know.)

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • RedtailRedtail Registered User regular
    I bought a full set of tickets but it was in two purchases. Both with the same billing/shipping/identification info. Will they arrive together? I'm okay being out the extra 7.50, and it sounds like I shouldn't get flagged (None of my roommates are buying). Silly questions! Excitement! PAX!

Redtail wrote: »
    I bought a full set of tickets but it was in two purchases. Both with the same billing/shipping/identification info. Will they arrive together? I'm okay being out the extra 7.50, and it sounds like I shouldn't get flagged (None of my roommates are buying). Silly questions! Excitement! PAX!
    Sometimes they arrive together, sometimes not. Past experience would say they are equally likely. You could try contacting pax_questions@paxsite.com to see if they can somehow combine them.

• Professor KittyProfessor Kitty Registered User new member
    Alright, silly question but I'm just hoping I didn't break any rules.

So I went through the queue once, bought four of each day and finished the transaction then went back into the queue and got one more Monday badge, I didn't break any rules, did I?
    I went through, bought tickets and went through again, didn't queue between my pc and my phone or another tab, just went through it twice, was that okay?

That does go over the limits of 4 of each type of badge per person, since you would have gotten 4 of each, and 5 Mondays. Whether or not they flag you as a problem case is to be seen.

Oh boy, assuming the worst comes, what happens?
    I suppose it'd too much to ask to just scratch that one Monday off, or are they comin' down with a solid cancellation?

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Oh boy, assuming the worst comes, what happens?
    I suppose it'd too much to ask to just scratch that one Monday off, or are they comin' down with a solid cancellation?

It will all depend on how the person reviewing your case is feeling that day (If it even gets flagged). Worst case is they cancel your whole order and you get no tickets. More likely is they would just cancel your one Monday order.
    Most likely is that it is not worth their time and you will be fine.

IhtGIyi.png
    One bad scenario, two good ones, all under a "maybe" banner, that's good enough for me.
    I sent an email to pax-questions asking about it, hopefully they'll take pity for my "honesty".

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Pitaaaa wrote: »
    So I was in class and RIIING! PAX West tickets are on sale. Me and my friend jump around in excitement XD. But our parents were too slow so we only managed to get monday passes -.-.

In the past some of the best panels were on Monday, and they've done Q&A on Monday more than once. Monday's also when you can watch the Omegathon finals. So don't look down on Monday just because it's the last day of PAX, it's action-paxxed!

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    I can't get through to onPeak to alter my hotel reservation. I just get to busy signal. No indication that the line is even active. Is there another number I can call to do this?

xg81x9uysw01.png
    solomon123 wrote: »
    I can't get through to onPeak to alter my hotel reservation. I just get to busy signal. No indication that the line is even active. Is there another number I can call to do this?

I'd give email a shot if the phone isn't working.

• PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Pitaaaa wrote: »

In the past some of the best panels were on Monday, and they've done Q&A on Monday more than once. Monday's also when you can watch the Omegathon finals. So don't look down on Monday just because it's the last day of PAX, it's action-paxxed!

For me last year, Monday was boss, great panels, a chance to see a pile of stuff with people who weren't too busy to talk to me. Honestly, in a lot of ways Saturday is a harsh day, srsly, Monday is quite nice as long as you are experience-oriented and not merch-oriented. Check out people's posts with regard to what's cool on the previous days and that will help you prioritize for your day.

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    When I login to see my hotel reservation I can't make changes. I get this: "Alterations to the reservation are not allowed". Anyone know why? Already asked in the hotel thread but thought I would here as well. Thanks!

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Yeah my bad, I meant to type show hours. The information was clearly correct other than that

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    I've now made two separate pass purchases (6/7 for Fri, Sun, Mon and 6/10 for Sat), each with the $7.50 shipping fee. Will ReedPop combine my orders into one shipment and refund the extra fee or will I get two shipments? If I call, can they combine them?

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
    I've now made two separate pass purchases (6/7 for Fri, Sun, Mon and 6/10 for Sat), each with the $7.50 shipping fee. Will ReedPop combine my orders into one shipment and refund the extra fee or will I get two shipments? If I call, can they combine them?
    I doubt they will combine them without intervention on your part. If there's a phone number to call, try that, or email pax_questions@paxsite.com

• ligerzeroligerzero Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    This is a question about cancellations. So I got my set of badges(16 badges) but more cousins wanted (4 Saturday) to go but didn't have a credit card for payment so my brother let them use his, how likely will our orders be cancelled? He used a different address but used the same billing address.

Thanks

ligerzero on
  • Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular
    For will call pickup, when is the earliest I can go pick them up? Is there anything set up Thursday or at least Friday before everything opens up?

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    For will call pickup, when is the earliest I can go pick them up? Is there anything set up Thursday or at least Friday before everything opens up?

Yes, they wil have Will Call open Thursday. The times will be posted later.

IhtGIyi.png
    SkeleVader wrote: »

Yes, they will have Will Call open Thursday. The times will be posted later.
    If memory serves, in 2015 it opened some time in the afternoon on Thursday.

• ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What kind of line can I expect at Will Call on Thursday? I work in Seattle, so I can pick whenever I want to pick up badges.

it's not too bad usually. Probably best if you go before normal work hours lets out as I'm sure other people will have similar ideas