As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
edited January 2021 in Social Entropy++
https://youtu.be/_czeW1Re1EI

neat

Old but not as old op:

https://youtu.be/YD1ttZ-JRP0

It's apparently bigger! And it's not episodic!

There's coop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=47&v=PoGTMopzlk0

I don't have time to do a full writeup!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/07/hitman-2-confirmed-launching-november

Old OP:

K7VNjmB.jpg

Hitman Trademark, or more commonly known as Hitman 2016, is a pretty great game.

It comes off the bat of Hitman Absolution, which wasn't a very good game, although I didn't play it, so I've only heard about it. However, there were some good bits to it, and they have taken those bits, and turned it into a good game. It's no longer all about cover-based stealth, and bowing your head all the time.

Hitman is about dressing up as other people, going into places that you shouldn't be allowed, and fooling just about everyone. It's about pouring rat poison into every single unprotected beverage and foodstuff, and carrying around more hammers, wrenches and lead pipes than you know what to do with.

It's also about replaying levels a whole lot, and getting to know them really well.

It's a bit different to Blood Money, but I also haven't played that either so I can't really comment.

There are a bunch of levels now, and they are mostly pretty great. One of them is the best level in a game I've ever played. Some others are a bit naff.

Play with opportunities on on the Paris level, because it is a bit of a hard level, and it's harder to just pick up on them naturally. In Sapienza, it might be better to play with them off, because they are a bit easier to follow on their own, and easier to jump in in the middle of them, without having to do some arbitrary thing beforehand in order to get an object to spawn.

Also, it's really annoying that online and offline saves are different, because it means that you lose all your progress when the servers are down.

Lalabox on

• Options
    oh yeah levels are also being released episodically, like every month or so. So far there are two "main" levels, one of which is super good, the other is pretty good but feels better after you've played the second as well. Game's slated to have 7 episodes.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I love Hitman and I love this release schedule. It gives me time to dig in to each level instead of rushing through!

I have nits to pick, for sure, but on the whole this is a Hitman-ass Hitman game and I hope the levels keep getting better

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    The exclusive target today was good, although I discovered that it differed from the normal assassinations in one very important way.
    the bodyguards followed the guy into the bathroom when he was being sick. So I had to hit all of them with wrenches. It was pretty great.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I now have a save right before I kicked a toilet onto a target, winning the game forever

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I now have a save right before I kicked a toilet onto a target, winning the game forever
    Your win is but a pale imitation of the Great Exploding Toilet Massacre by one Bradley Shoemaker

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Your win is but a pale imitation of the Great Exploding Toilet Massacre by one Bradley Shoemaker

Turns out the way you're supposed to do that is 1000x easier than that nightmare
    If you turn on the PA while those soldiers are talking shit, the target comes in to chew them out, standing right under the toilet the whole time

When you get him with it, the two soldiers just kinda look at each other and quietly remove themselves from the situation

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options

I think that method was one of the last ways that I discovered to get that guy, and it actually makes taking him down sooo much easier than pretty much any of the other methods because you don't have to bother with disguises and the hell that is trying to get into his office.

(I've actually got a reasonably foolproof way of getting in there, but it's kinda tedious to do it the same way every time.)

• Options
    I only just now bought the season pass after watching all the Giant Bomb stuff for this game

I'm definitely only going to watch those AFTER I play the levels for myself now, I already knew about a ton of stuff you could do in Morocco especially

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    One thing I love so much is how much of a goddamned cartoon this is

I convinced someone I was their boyfriend ON THE PHONE

47 made no attempt to impersonate them

He just answered their phone, so clearly it's them despite having a completely different voice

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    One thing I love so much is how much of a goddamned cartoon this is

I convinced someone I was their boyfriend ON THE PHONE

47 made no attempt to impersonate them

He just answered their phone, so clearly it's them despite having a completely different voice

In some of the tutorial levels, 47 has this slightly high pitched voice when he was in one of the disguises, and I was wondering if he was at least trying to sound different, but then it turns out that no, he kinda sounds like a bit of a dweeb the whole time.

• Options
    I hope at least 1 of the levels is a bit smaller and only has one target

I don't need EVERY part of this game to be a gigantic multitarget contract

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I hope at least 1 of the levels is a bit smaller and only has one target

I don't need EVERY part of this game to be a gigantic multitarget contract

I have a feeling that they are sort of trying to relegate that sort of thing to the contracts and escalation stuff, because they want each episode to have Substantial Content and such, but yeah.

(there's an fun way to essentially turn morrocco into a one person contract by eliminating one of the targets with basically no effort, but it's not really the same.)

Lalabox on
  • Options
    Well, reinstalled Blood Money

That game is rrrrrrrough

That tutorial encourages you to kill like 30 non-target people and it's just overall a much meaner game, you're meant to love in murdering these gangbangers and women, oh god you just hate them so much

I very much like that 2016 heavily penalizes you for killing even a single person that isn't your target

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh my god turning one of the levels into an active sci fi blockbuster movie set is INCREDIBLE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Re using levels is what they've needed to do so bad.

If they finish the game then keep releasing stuff like this I'll be buying for a while.

• Options
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Well, reinstalled Blood Money

That game is rrrrrrrough

That tutorial encourages you to kill like 30 non-target people and it's just overall a much meaner game, you're meant to love in murdering these gangbangers and women, oh god you just hate them so much

I very much like that 2016 heavily penalizes you for killing even a single person that isn't your target

The tutorial is a whole different kettle of fish to the actual game. I'd disagree that you're supposed to love killing the gangbangers more than anyone else. The attitude to women of the game is certainly hard to swallow in contemporary times though.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'm gonna stream some of this right away if anyone is interested: https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UC2go70QLfwGq-hW4nvUqmog/live

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Just bought the game (been in my "to buy" list since before it launched, but never got around to it).
    And damn do i suck at this.

Not sure i like the controls (feel clumsy at times), hate that i can't sprint (would be a boon at larger maps) and have some issues with proximity.
    But, inspite of my issues with controls, and the fact that i suck at this, i kinda like this game.
    Sure it's just 6 hours played, and only 2 of 3 areas done (not counting tutorials), still, it's fun (though weird, not having played earlier games).

Really like how the maps are large and fairly open, while allowing you to ignore almost all of it if you know what you are doing (i don't).

• Options
    You can totally sprint

Shift on KB/M, L1 on controller

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    You can totally sprint

Shift on KB/M, L1 on controller

That, is not sprint.
    That is a light jog.

• Options
    I should probably stop trying to snipe the elusive targets

they're a bit less fun that way.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    i tried my first elusive target.
    spent around 10 minutes waiting for him to leave the damn crowd until i got fed up and shot him (and then died).

In hindsight, should have brought a sniper rifle.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    Man it is a crime that this thread is not more active

There is one day left on the current Elusive Target, the Black Hat

It's a good one!

Also the new level came out a couple weeks ago and it's also good!

Play Hitman!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm kinda a burned out on the elusive targets

since you only get one shot, it seems it it completely discourages the experimentation and fun that you get on the normal missions

so, it feels like you just follow the people around until you spot the one thing in their routine which renders them vulnerable, i.e. drinking from thing, or you just run in and shoot them and whoever else is in the vicinity.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I see some of what they're trying to do with it. The one-shot thing does actually give a feeling of consequence that you never have in the main game (where I can try to go for a split-second blind spot as many times as I want).
    It'd bother me if that was how the whole game worked, but with it just being one mode, I'm okay with it.
    The time-limited thing bothers me, though. I'll still be surprised if they don't show up again at some point in the future, especially since the full game hasn't been released yet, and they have to know a lot of people will be waiting to get it until it's all out.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    i tried my first elusive target.
    spent around 10 minutes waiting for him to leave the damn crowd until i got fed up and shot him (and then died).

In hindsight, should have brought a sniper rifle.

Accidentally clicking on the Hitman thread without realizing and having this post be the first thing you see can be quite disconcerting, let me tell you.

• Options
    I'd like Elusive contracts to be something like one attempt at one a week or something?

So repeatable but still with a punishment that makes SAing them a victory.

• Options
    I'd like Elusive contracts to be something like one attempt at one a week or something?

So repeatable but still with a punishment that makes SAing them a victory.

yeah, as it stands, I feel that they are a bit too punishing (even knowing the exploit) in a way that means that SAing them isn't even a remote possibility.

• Options
    Second attempt at elusive targets.
    Another failure.

Managed to find him (thank you google), kill him, and then got killed by guards because i was too impatient to run around the mansion to get to safety.
    Man i hate how slowly 47 walks/jogs, gief run/sprint.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I want Elusive Contracts to come back as permanently repeatable missions.

Like, when the season ends, just release all of the Elusive Contracts but rebrand them as "Extra Missions" or something like those PS4 exclusive missions and make them not count towards the Suit Unlocks anymore since they aren't Elusive anymore.

As it is, I kind of hate the amount of time and money they are spending developing content that I only get to see for five minutes or so (assuming that I'm even available the weekend that it runs).

Especially stuff like the Gary Busey mission. I didn't really get to hear any of Gary Cole's dialogue (except when he meets Busey) because I spent the whole time following Busey looking for an opportunity to kill him, and no idea where Cole was for most of it.

Plus sometimes the Elusive Targets actually change the map instead of just adding extra characters (like the most recent one, and the one that added that outdoor dinner party to Paris) and I'd like to get to play around with that stuff more.

• Options
    They'd have to be fucking stupid not to put this stuff on loop eventually.

• Options
    Oh yeah it seems like a given that all the Elusive Targets will just get put up after the season is over, probably when the disk comes out

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I heard arguments that elusive contracts basically exist to encourage a player base while the game is still in it's early access phase.

Which ehhhh, is kinda annoying and not great but so's the whole triple A game basically having an early access period.

• Options
    it seems more to support their business model than to benefit players. I don't think it's fair for them to call it early access either, it isn't. It's just an episodic release. They're charging through the nuts too.

• Options
    Uh, no-one official is calling it early access?
    That's just what some people are calling anything episodic now. All Telltale games are early-access until the last episode is released. Sometimes after.

• Options
    and I feel like the game has made a pretty good case for why the episodic structure has been really good for it, in encouraging really learning a level and doing all the stuff in it, and returning a few times every month to play through it, rather than binging it all at once

and their release schedule doesn't seem to be based around trying to charge people more money or anything

• Options
    Yeah, I'd throw the 'this game is really Early Access' claim at No Man's Sky over this game, because they're actually talking about nebulous features that will be added at some point in the future.
    Here, they've been very clear about what we'll get (I wish they'd be more open about when we'd get it, but part of me appreciates that this probably means they won't rush an episode out to hit an arbitrary date).

• Options
    also, I was just replaying it, and man, Sapienza is possibly the best level I've ever seen in a video game. It's just the most fantastic thing.

Like, the other levels have been pretty good, but it's just next level stuff

I have been liking the hotel, tho. there was a lot of cool, fun things to get into.