As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's W[E3]d!

OghulkOghulk Tinychat JanitorTinychatRegistered User regular
edited June 2016 in Social Entropy++
Y'all know what time it is

and to whoever said fallout 4 on vive will be the whole game

I don't believe that

also this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdmCL2weQps

Oghulk on

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    That gif is 10x the limit btdubs.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    that is a 5 megabyte gif

liEt3nH.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, this Doom demo will be good for seeing if it runs on my PC

The beta sure didn't but it literally had no graphics options so

6F32U1X.png
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    expanded version of that Zelda artwork that leaked earlier came out

http://i.imgur.com/l1FE3dm.jpg

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I am ready to RETURN TO WOLFENSTEIN

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The director of Prey just said that the character's name is Morgan because it's gender neutral in case the player wants to play as a woman

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Thoughts on Bethesda

-Quake Champions could be interesting, but I would need to see gameplay. Will it be FFA? Team objective? Cool to see the Quake Ranger again though.
    -Doom DLC - I feel like it's too little, too late to save the MP of this game, even with all the stuff they're adding (a lot of which should have been at launch)
    -New Prey - Feel a bit sad Prey 2 is dead for real; not sure if I'll like this new one
    -Dishonored 2 looks cool if you liked the first one.

Super bummed about no new Wolfenstein announcement (Aside from a potential easter egg). Would have liked to see Doom SP dlc or expansion, but it's way too early for that.

Undead Scottsman on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The director of Prey just said that the character's name is Morgan because it's gender neutral in case the player wants to play as a woman

that is really interesting considering the emphasis on mirrors in the trailer

liEt3nH.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I like that we got to see Dishonored 2 in action, but in general the amount of gameplay we've seen out of E3 so far is way way too low.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

That's a pretty good thing to do.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

that is really interesting considering the emphasis on mirrors in the trailer

I assume it's for the sake of voiced stuff

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Like... Who is this quake game even for? The quake name doesnt carry enough weight with younger people to make it worth making an overwatch clone and slapping the quake name on there, and a cookie cutter hero shooter was the last thing any old quake fans wanted. That game is going to do abysmally.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    was someone asking for overwatch quake champions cross over fanfiction? because, i might know a source.

• Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    maybe you should wait to see how the game actually looks and plays before passing judgment on it?

Also here is the best moment of E3 in a format that isn't larger than the sun.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited June 2016
    jaziek wrote: »
    Like... Who is this quake game even for? The quake name doesnt carry enough weight with younger people to make it worth making an overwatch clone and slapping the quake name on there, and a cookie cutter hero shooter was the last thing any old quake fans wanted. That game is going to do abysmally.

Honestly, I doubt the hardcore Q3 fans even care; they still have Q3 to play. (And do)

Quake Champions is an opportunity to make a shooter that pays homage to the classic while appealing to a modern market. Much like how Doom was. Whether they'll strike a good balance between old and new is anyone's guess.

Undead Scottsman on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So if we don't get a Last Guardian update it's safe to assume that ain't coming out this year?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    After Wolfenstein and Doom I kinda feel like anyone claiming Bethesda doesn't know what it's doing with its classic properties may not have a leg to stand on

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Quake Champions, as unintuitive as this sounds, is for people who don't play Quake

wirehead26 wrote: »
    So if we don't get a Last Guardian update it's safe to assume that ain't coming out this year?

Probably; it'd be weird for Sony to not show off a major title in their 2016 line-up.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i have a hard time believing that the last guardian isn't coming out this year

mostly because why on earth would they start talking about it again if it wasn't gonna hit its target

worst case scenario i say it gets pushed to next march

Probably; it'd be weird for Sony to not show off a major title in their 2016 line-up.

I'm going to assume it ain't coming out this year.

If Last Guardian doesn't get a hard date it's not coming out this year or Q1 next year.

and honestly if it's not coming out this year or Q1 next I'm going to begin to question it's existence again.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Dishonored 2 - can't wait
    Prey - a little bummed that we won't get Blade Runner bounty hunter sim 2017, but this looks potentially cool
    card games, vr, stuff: eh.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Ueda has been giving interviews the past few weeks and still saying 2016 IIRC

Ueda has been giving interviews the past few weeks and still saying 2016 IIRC

Ah, didn't know that.

edited June 2016
    After Wolfenstein and Doom I kinda feel like anyone claiming Bethesda doesn't know what it's doing with its classic properties may not have a leg to stand on

Ascribing infallibility to a thing is a good way to set it up to fail.

Look at Sony, who nailed the PS1, crushed it with the PS2 and then faceplanted with the PS3.

One would have though they would have known what they were doing by the third console but WHOOOOOOPS.

EDIT: Also, Doom multiplayer seems to have been a huge swing and a miss (and that's from like the only guy here who likes it.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

mostly because why on earth would they start talking about it again if it wasn't gonna hit its target

To get people to go "OMG SONY SWEEPED THE THING WITH THESE THINGS" and then do it all over again with updates on those 3 things this year.

No I don't.
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Okay

Okay yeah

yo

YO

YOOOOOO

dN0T6ur.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Why not W[E3]D

BahamutZERO.gif

I'm going to assume it ain't coming out this year.

Did I miss somewhere that they announced it won't be at their conference?

I thought they'd be saving the Lg updates for E3.

To get people to go "OMG SONY SWEEPED THE THING WITH THESE THINGS" and then do it all over again with updates on those 3 things this year.

This wouldn't work twice

If TLG or FFVIIR are there and don't have dates attached it's going to look really bad

I don't think they show either of those games unless they have at least a release window

Year and season at minimum

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

Was this in an interview somewhere? That's pretty awesome if it's true, and I would like to know more.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

What if it's really good though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    HEY GUYS DOOM IS STILL VERY GOOD

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.