As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's W[E3]d!

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    The director of Prey just said that the character's name is Morgan because it's gender neutral in case the player wants to play as a woman

Was this in an interview somewhere? That's pretty awesome if it's true, and I would like to know more.

Yeah, on the stream post-show Morgan Webb was like "be honest, you named the lead character after me, right?" and he responded with the name being gender neutral so the player could play as a woman

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Maybe don't decide games you literally have not seen are already failures

6F32U1X.png
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    i have a hard time believing that the last guardian isn't coming out this year

mostly because why on earth would they start talking about it again if it wasn't gonna hit its target

worst case scenario i say it gets pushed to next march

To get people to go "OMG SONY SWEEPED THE THING WITH THESE THINGS" and then do it all over again with updates on those 3 things this year.

This wouldn't work twice

If TLG or FFVIIR are there and don't have dates attached it's going to look really bad

FFVIIR will not have a date, but TLG will be released this year and isn't vapor ware or at least early next year.

But seriously, I thought it was ballsy to talk about TLG without it being months away from release with that game's troubled history.

No I don't.
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So if we don't get a Last Guardian update it's safe to assume that ain't coming out this year?

Probably; it'd be weird for Sony to not show off a major title in their 2016 line-up.

I'm going to assume it ain't coming out this year.

Did I miss somewhere that they announced it won't be at their conference?

No but people are understandably wary about TLG ever actually coming out

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I see no Orbb in Quake Champions

game is bullshit

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    HEY GUYS DOOM IS STILL VERY GOOD

Yeah like doom was really good despite the expectations, so I'm entertaining the possibility that a quake-branded character shooter could possibly be good now.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I see no Orbb in Quake Champions

game is bullshit

That'll be the big Quake Con reveal

mostly because why on earth would they start talking about it again if it wasn't gonna hit its target

To get people to go "OMG SONY SWEEPED THE THING WITH THESE THINGS" and then do it all over again with updates on those 3 things this year.

This wouldn't work twice

If TLG or FFVIIR are there and don't have dates attached it's going to look really bad

FFVIIR will not have a date, but TLG will be released this year and isn't vapor ware or at least early next year.

But seriously, I thought it was ballsy to talk about TLG without it being months away from release with that game's troubled history.

Why won't FFVIIR have a date

Mass Effect Andromeda has a release window and I've seen more gameplay footage of FFVIIR than I've seen of that

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    The director of Prey just said that the character's name is Morgan because it's gender neutral in case the player wants to play as a woman

Was this in an interview somewhere? That's pretty awesome if it's true, and I would like to know more.

Yeah, on the stream post-show Morgan Webb was like "be honest, you named the lead character after me, right?" and he responded with the name being gender neutral so the player could play as a woman

Welp, I guess now i'm probably going to buy Prey.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

Also: the whitest guy in the whole event

VRXwDW7.png
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

This wouldn't work twice

Why won't FFVIIR have a date

Mass Effect Andromeda has a release window and I've seen more gameplay footage of FFVIIR than I've seen of that

Because FFVIIR is a modern day FF game and SE loves to talk about FF games for at lease a decade before releasing them.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
    Ah yes

That old nugget

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I'm not really expecting to get a date for FF7R either honestly

They're working on enough stuff right now that they're probably still very early in

Like maybe FF7R becomes more concrete an idea once they're done with XV and KH3

Maddoc on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wonder how many characters they'll have in Champions. Thanks to Quake III they'll have a huge pool to draw from (if Orbb isn't there, Imma riot) but most of those guys were throw-away dudes. I wonder if they'll stick to id properties, stick to just Quake characters, or branch out to other Bethesda properties.

If BJ Blazkowicz and Doomguy aren't in it, that'd be a bummer.

I predict we will get the first episode of FFVIIR before we get Kingdom Hearts III

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    HEY GUYS DOOM IS STILL VERY GOOD

It'll be hard to top for Game of the Year

Just about everyday I think of a new thing I loved about it

Maddoc wrote: »
    I'm not really expecting to get a date for FF7R either honestly

They're working on enough stuff right now that they're probably still very early in

Like maybe FF7R becomes more concrete an idea once they're done with XV and KH3

Well they're outsourcing the meat of ff7r's development to that studio that makes the naruto games

BahamutZERO.gif
    I predict we will get the first episode of FFVIIR before we get Kingdom Hearts III

Most of the people who would likely work on FF7R are working on KH3

This seems wildly unlikely

Most of the people who would likely work on FF7R are working on KH3

This seems wildly unlikely

CyberConnect is working on KH3?

Is Quake Champions going to be Bethesda Smash Bros

is Boone gonna be in it

is fucking Dick Marcinko gonna be in it, motherfuckers

6F32U1X.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I like that we got to see Dishonored 2 in action, but in general the amount of gameplay we've seen out of E3 so far is way way too low.

I mean it hasn't... technically started yet?

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Guaranteed way Sony wins this year? Marvel and Star Wars levels in KH3.

Do it Sony. You have no excuse not to.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!

I mean I'm sure Sony would if they could

edited June 2016
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I like that we got to see Dishonored 2 in action, but in general the amount of gameplay we've seen out of E3 so far is way way too low.

I mean it hasn't... technically started yet?
    Technically they're just conferences happening nearby E3 at about the same time but come on they're totally E3 conferences

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif

I don't know why Disney would not be in favor of making shitloads of more money.

Just shovel it in their Scrooge McDuck swimming vault.

So would these stages be PS4 exclusive, or would they show up in the Xbox One version of the game also

Looking at the "load screen," the four characters shown in the Quake Champions teaser are Ranger, Visor, Nyx, and Scale Bearer.

I can't find anything about Nyx, so I figure she's a new character. Diddo with Scale Bearer.

You guys are thinking too small

Bring it all back to Soul Calibur 4

Xbox version of KH3 gets Marvel, Playstation gets Star Wars

6F32U1X.png

I don't know why Disney would not be in favor of making shitloads of more money.

Apparently the Disney Interactive guys had a SUPER hard time convincing Disney to let the various properties mix in Disney Infinity. I could imagine a third party would have an as hard, if not harder, time of it.

A tale of hearts and keys, eternally retold

BahamutZERO.gif

Apparently the Disney Interactive guys had a SUPER hard time convincing Disney to let the various properties mix in Disney Infinity. I could imagine a third party would have an as hard, if not harder, time of it.

If we don't get this because of corporate fuckery.... ahhhhhhh

You guys are thinking too small

Bring it all back to Soul Calibur 4

Xbox version of KH3 gets Marvel, Playstation gets Star Wars

That's a lose-lose!

Unlike SC4 where not only did I get Darth Vader, I didn't get fucking shit-ass Yoda

That was the real incentive, Vader was a bonus

Yoda was like Gon for Soul Caliber though

Terrible! Yes!

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    If you want KH3 to come out this decade, I don't think you want Star Wars and Marvel stuff in it.

Square has to be laser focused on FF15 at this E3 right? That thing cost a trillion dollars and they need people to buy it bad.

aeNqQM9.jpg

Terrible! Yes!

It's a fair cop.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Square doesn't have their own show, so it's basically whatever they got onto Sony or MS stages

My guess is FFXV will show up at Sony, but beyond that I dunno if we'll see much SE tomorrow

It's weird that as much as I want to play FFXV (and I want to, so bad), I'm almost equally excited for World of FF

Especially given how quickly they went from announcement (last E3) to release (this October)

This discussion has been closed.