As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prepare for [Titanfall 2]

LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stewWhen it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
edited December 2016 in Social Entropy++
YOU DIG GIANT ROBOTS
wLRu2oDh.jpg

I DIG GIANT ROBOTS
g35p1qhh.jpg

WE DIG GIANT ROBOTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISYN1AshZY

CHICKS DIG GIANT ROBOTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwbutTQ8Yow

Now with an actual single player campaign!

Titanfall 2 comes out October 28th, 2016 with what looks to be even MORE pilot mobility options and six different types of titans which seem to be given drastically different abilities and more of a personality. Instead of weight classes they now have names like Scorch and Ion. And I guess McFarlane is handling the toys? We also have a collector's edition already:
8JPTvfxl.jpg
(click for amazon link)
  • Includes Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition
  • Dog Tag Flash Drive: A Pilot's secrets must be carefully guarded, and what better way to keep them close than to store them inside your dog tag. This 8GB USB custom flash drive cleverly retracts into the dog tag on an 18" metallic ball chain.
  • Pilot SRS Field Journal: An essential accessory for every Pilot, the field journal is 3" x 4.5" and features an aluminum case, pen and Vanguard Squad logo.
  • Titanfall 2 Vanguard Pilot Helmet Replica: The iconic Titanfall Pilot helmet has been brought to life in this 1:1 full scale replica. Featuring mixed material elements, the helmet includes a battery operated blue light-up translucent faceplate, blue status/task light, functional tactical ARC rail system/an adjustable interior head strap and display stand. Tactical Helmet Accessories: A tactical spotlight and targeting laser sight. These two battery operated helmet accessories are designed to be mounted on the ARC rail system of the helmet. Independently operated, the functional mounted spotlight will light up the night and the simulated laser sight features a super-bright non-projected red LED.
  • Squad Morale Patches and Vanguard Shemagh Scarf: Proudly display your squad affiliation with two morale patches, Macallan's Marauders and Ion, with male Velcro-style hook backing to secure onto loop patches of helmets, uniforms, tactical vests, and backpacks. The Vanguard Shemagh Scarf is designed to protect a Pilot's head and neck from the sun and blowing sand of harsh alien environments. The Vanguard Scarf measures 42" x 42" and features an original custom designed Titanfall pattern, making it an essential multi-use travel tool for every Pilot in your squad.

If you have an xbox one you can get EA Access and play Titanfall 1 and other games for free until June 22nd.
If you have a PC I guess you can buy the base game for 20 bucks and download the DLC for free.

If anyone wants to throw out some names I'll try to add them here and we can get some games going.

Lasbrook on

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    ...that collectors edition is kind of awesome

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    This looks amazing

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I will play Titanfall 2

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My robot body is ready.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So glad it's coming to the PS4

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I need a mecha game

this appears to be the one

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Can you wear that helmet?

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I would hope? It's listed as 1:1 scale and has an adjustable head strap.

So unless a Titanfall pilot has a smaller head than a normal human.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I hope it's a VR helmet and they keep it a secret

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I am all about this game.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Normally I'm not into special editions, but that one is really cool. But it's not available for PC so this is moot. (At least not for shipping to Germany)

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I said it in the E3 thread, but Respawn knew how to promote this game, I look forward to seeing more of it.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    You know, it's probably a bit much for me to be expecting anything special from the campaign, but I do keep remembering that a lot of the people at Respawn are the ones who made CoD4 which, really, is still up amongst my favourite FPS campaigns for its story.
    I would love for them to drop something as good as that.

forumsig.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I can see only two ways the campaign is going to end
    A) BT heroically sacrifices himself to fulfil all three protocols. (There's already a shot in the trailer where he stumbles along with one arm missing)
    Pilot gets a new Robot an it is teased that it gets sentient, too. (bonus if other robots now treat BT as some kind of messiah/martyr)

B) BT heroically sacrifices himself to fulfil all three protocols. At the end it is revealed that his mind was salvaged and put into a fancy new body.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Oh man rodeoing no longer instant kills a Titan, instead you steal chunks of health and run off to give it to friendly mechs. Like that's a really cool idea and will encourage more coordination, teamwork and support.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    A) BT heroically sacrifices himself to fulfil all three protocols. (There's already a shot in the trailer where he stumbles along with one arm missing)
    Pilot gets a new Robot an it is teased that it gets sentient, too. (bonus if other robots now treat BT as some kind of messiah/martyr)

B) BT heroically sacrifices himself to fulfil all three protocols. At the end it is revealed that his mind was salvaged and put into a fancy new body.

Option 3
    Cooper manages to talk BT into ignoring protocol 3 in order for cooper to sacrifice HIMSELF for the mission

honovere wrote: »

Option 3
    Cooper manages to talk BT into ignoring protocol 3 in order for cooper to sacrifice HIMSELF for the mission

Option 4
    jkXCELQ.jpg

forumsig.png
    edited June 2016
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Awesome, they sorta did that with the first one after a while and made all the dlc free.

Been playing some matches of 1 while I wait for the e3 press machine to start back up and I forgot just how ridiculously mobile you are. Still easy to get into a game, as long as you just wanna play attrition. Both last night and this morning there have been more people playing the campaign than hard point even.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    If you can wear the helmet that's like, the hardest part of doing a titanfall costume done already.

Titanfall 1 was great. This looks like Titanfall 1 but with more stuff. Also good DLC decision. I'm onboard. Also down to bust out some Titanfall 1 with you folks.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    confession:

I actually kind of liked the radio drama campaign in titanfall 1

I am going to miss hearing background dialogue during a match

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    confession:

I actually kind of liked the radio drama campaign in titanfall 1

I am going to miss hearing background dialogue during a match

Yeah I hadn't realised it, but I did like having that little bit of narrative context for what you're doing in each skirmish. Sure it was just an excuse to make you run around and fight, but it sure helped more than "they're not us, go".

forumsig.png
    I liked the way it made you feel like just another soldier in a war that's much bigger than you, and that everything you were doing was just to support the real players

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The "campaign" had a couple super cool intros

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    -Tal wrote: »
    I liked the way it made you feel like just another soldier in a war that's much bigger than you, and that everything you were doing was just to support the real players

Yup, and I even appreciated when it put me in on a side who were clearly the bad guys. I don't remember the map or side, but there's one where you drop in and there's your robots on the ground shooting civilians. Every time I'm like "no, no we're the assholes here, that's not cool."

forumsig.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I saw the hexes on the scarf and was silently hopeful for a second that the CE included a mini battle tech style set with Titans.

Also yeah, I think one of my favourite bits of Titanfall was how, even being a super arcadey shooter, it still insisted on sticking to theme with things like arriving and leaving in a drop pod, having an in game reason why you were a bad ass and everyone else was a mook and all the little bits of chatter going on.

Well this is why I'm getting hopeful for the story of Titanfall 2, then. Because yeah if they can do all that with just a few seconds at the start of a multiplayer round, there's a good chance they might have some great ideas for the campaign.

forumsig.png
    With the campaign I'm basically hoping for a best of smash cut between Mirror's Edge level design and CalloDooty set pieces.

I would like it if the campaign had destiny-like moments where other players were just there too

PNk1Ml4.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    TF1 was the one Xbox game I wanted, the sequel being multi-platform is great news.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    In the first game sniping was sort of a trap. Long sightlines get broken super easily and pilots are hopping all over the place like ticks soaked in caffeine. I wonder if they will attempt to solve this so sniping is viable, or will they keep this glorious utopia shooter where snipers don't exist for long.

VRXwDW7.png
    edited June 2016
    I always just used the default rifle, it could hit from pretty far away even

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    I assume it'll be more or less the same where the answer to 'sniping is hard' is 'get better at sniping'.

Though the map design might open out a bit. Who knows.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    They're doing a Q&A on Twitter. Important news, the PC version will have compressed audio

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm interested in 2's story, but I really didn't like 1's. The fact that winning as the Evil side did next to nothing to change the plot was frustrating.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So I wonder what ridiculous bullshit move will prevent me from ranking up in this game...

"Rodeo an enemy titan and kill an enemy player while on that titan with your pistol X100"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    According to the Q&A
    a new sniper rifle that has two barrels and you need to lead the shot
    Six types of Titans
    A knife that lets you see through walls, kit that prevents this for yourself
    Smart Pistol is back but different
    Evacuations still there at the end of rounds

VRXwDW7.png
    This time hack knife literally can hack the planet.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Your robot is totally gonna sacrifice itself at some point in the campaign isn't it. Gonna be Iron Giant all over again.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    The pilot realizes he must sacrifice himself to fulfill his objective and save his faction. The Titan refuses, rationalizing alternatives and pleading that it cannot lose another pilot. The Pilot forcibly breaks out of the Titan, avoids its hands desperately trying to keep you from this suicide mission

VRXwDW7.png