As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Robert Khoo resigns from Penny Arcade

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I wish you the best in whatever you do next Khoo.

Man, this is kind of nuts to me.

At this point Khoo is more penny arcade than Gabe or Tycho to me. End of an era for sure.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    I'm glad i got you in secret satans. It was an honour.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Best of luck to him! Sometimes things change and it is sad but still good. I bet this will be one of those situations for all parties.

Boy I hope he calls in that favor from @Grey Ghost some day though.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • bsetbset Registered User new member
    I shall miss his majesty greatly. Is there already somebody in mind as a new business lead or do I and others have an upcoming opportunity to usurp his mighty throne and lead Spaceship Penny Arcade to galaxies beyond?

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    but who will punch me now?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I got to be your Secret Satan once Khoo, and it scared the shit out of me (to be fair, this has been the case for me every single year, for a variety of reasons)

I don't know if I did a super great job or anything - I remember I sent it out super late because I couldn't decide what to get for the longest time, although I barely remember what I actually ended up getting you

But it was exciting, it was scary for a good reason, because you were the man who had everything

I was twenty five years old and here I am looking up to you like a scared little kid, wondering how I can possibly get you something that means anything

I know if I look out into the wider world, there are plenty of other folks that would give me that feeling

But you were the one who was here, the one who I might get the chance to talk to on occasion, and man, that weird little interaction meant a lot to me

So best of luck Khoo, not that I think you'll need it

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Will always remember how excited I was when I got an email from him out of the blue saying "We need to talk." (which ended up turning into us finishing off the Precipice of Darkness series)

Best of luck in all his future endeavors!

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    bset wrote: »
    I shall miss his majesty greatly. Is there already somebody in mind as a new business lead or do I and others have an upcoming opportunity to usurp his mighty throne and lead Spaceship Penny Arcade to galaxies beyond?

No new business lead! Robert's duties are being spread out among the remaining staff.

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Holy shit. I am glad someone started this thread because, to be honest, I'm stunned and like someone else (or maybe multiple someone elses) said, Khoo is just as much PA as Mike and Jerry are to me.

Good luck, @RobertKhoo with whatever you have coming down the road! Thank you for everything.

vespachica on
    ufq9gj8383nh.png

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Robert Khoo's greatest task at Penny Arcade was to build a Penny Arcade that no longer needed a Robert Khoo.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Robert Khoo's greatest task at Penny Arcade was to build a Penny Arcade that no longer needed a Robert Khoo.

Basically Batman then.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Robert Khoo: Basically Batman

I think that's what his business cards say.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Maybe he is Batman. Has anyone ever actually seen Khoo around Gotham City at night while The Bat is active?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Thanks for everything Robert, I'll see you around I'm sure.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Awwww maaaaan :(

Robert thanks for buying us all BBQ in Austin that one time and for being super nice in our brief encounters at so many pax photos. Good luck with whatever's next!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Maybe he is Batman. Has anyone ever actually seen Khoo around Gotham City at night while The Bat is active?

Well, there was that one time. But it's just as likely that one of them was a robot impersonator.

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Robert, thanks for your hard work over the years. This community has had a huge impact on my life, and many others, and definitely steered where my life has gone in a big way. Thanks dude.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Best of luck in your future endeavors Khoo, you've always seemed like a good egg around here.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

No new business lead! Robert's duties are being spread out among the remaining staff.

Can you speak to whether the Club PA sessions will continue at PAX, and if so who the point person will be?

In general, who is fielding issues and questions regarding PAX going forward?

Khoo saved our ass at the last PAX East after a badge fiasco, and has been nothing but kind and helpful with directly transforming our experiences from good to great. I wish him all the best.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    So how will this affect Penny Arcade going forward?

I already know Khoo will be good at whatever comes next.

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Wow crazy news, all the best in your new endeavors!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Thank Khoo!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Robert has been a friend for over a decade now, since we first met at Comicon all those years ago. We all wish you the best!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    If he really did hurt his back, I hope he gets better, back injuries suck.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    He was a big part of getting Child's play off the ground too wasn't he? I love that charity, I've given tons over the last decade+ to them, kids should have vids!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    spool32 wrote: »

Can you speak to whether the Club PA sessions will continue at PAX, and if so who the point person will be?

In general, who is fielding issues and questions regarding PAX going forward?

Khoo saved our ass at the last PAX East after a badge fiasco, and has been nothing but kind and helpful with directly transforming our experiences from good to great. I wish him all the best.

1. Yes
    2. Current best answer is Jerry or myself
    3. You can ask me stuff, if I don't know the answer I know who does

bowen wrote: »

That would be an unusual lie for me to invent.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    <3 Khoo!

(He's founding Outer Heaven now guys, pack it up)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• DjfpDjfp Bellevue, WARegistered User new member
    edited June 2016
    I'm a longtime PA watcher and lurker, and quiet Club PA member. I've been to 7 PAX (Prime) events, and have been fortunate to win the lottery to attend a private Club PA event last year. At every event I've attended, I have always had the fortunate luck of brushing elbows or sharing a few words with Mr. Khoo. I consider him a great business prodigy and inspiration as to what can be done if one has the proper desire and motivation. While I know that PA is capable of operating without him, I know that his quirky, cunning, business-savvy, and all-around superhero-style of ethics and goodwill will be sorely missed by all PA employees and community members.

Good luck in all your endeavors, Mr. Khoo! I will be watching for your next venture.

Djfp on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm shocked, too. Just got the Club PA email about it. I'm super bummed, too. The picture at each PAX is such a staple. I thought Robert would be around forever. Like everyone has said, thanks for everything, Robert. Don't be a stranger.

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Well, crap. Now I really regret missing out on the PAX East forum photos.

Thanks for all that you've done, Robert. I enjoyed being your Secret Satan a few years ago and I'd like to think you still have my husband's drawing on your fridge.

Best of luck on whatever comes next.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    my only interaction with rober khoo was at the forumer photo for pax south '15

i was standing awkwardly straddling two big rocks so that you could see me the back row, and if the surfaces were like 2 degrees steeper i would have fallen off of them. As it was i had to kinda work to keep my balance but i had it

he saw me, asked if it was safe for me to be standing like that, and i assured him it was fine, and then he climbed up behind me and leaned against me to keep his balance

which i thought was pretty funny

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

That would be an unusual lie for me to invent.

You're just trying to massage the bookie's odds for his inevitable comeback run for the championship belt, aren't you?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    One thing that they have said is that they always had a triumvirate with regards to business decisions, have they thought about how this will be replaced? Will they resort to Rock Paper Scissors?

PedroAsani wrote: »
    One thing that they have said is that they always had a triumvirate with regards to business decisions, have they thought about how this will be replaced? Will they resort to Rock Paper Scissors?

Yes.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Tube, if I'm reading between the lines correctly here, does this mean that you are now more powerful than ever before?

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I wouldn't have done a lot of things in life were it not for the friends I made from PA, and you helped build that Khoo, so thank you.

• GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    One of my favorite PAX moments was standing in line with a bunch of SE++ folks and Gabe walks by with Robert and we all yell KHOOO! and Gabe gives us this 'what about me?' look.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I hope the tradition of Khoo(l) puns continues.

Thanks for everything, Robert, and I hope you stick around. Having you as my secret Satan that time was really memorable. The two Mickey's are in pride of place on my desk

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Can the new gag reaction be Khoo

YL9WnCY.png