As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Grand Unified Thread for [Game of Thrones] (Book spoiler guidelines in OP)

1108109110111112114»

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Is little finger saving the day the obvious choice in any situation? id argue not at all.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Is little finger saving the day the obvious choice in any situation? id argue not at all.

He's done it a couple times already.

Just never on the Stark side of the equation.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Smurph wrote: »
    Just realized something about Cersei's and Tommen's situation after browsing the subreddit a bit:
    Cersei is on trial for incest. If found guilty, the High Septon can probably just declare that Tommen is a bastard of incest and have him killed on the spot. Then you have Cersei going mad and burning the city, and Jaime either kills her or commits suicide with her.

So the High Septon never gave a shit about the crown at all and was just using Tommen as a tool to get rid of the monarchy for good.

Goes against my own theory of the show not really having any surprises up its sleeve this season, but I think it makes more sense than Cersei burning the city and accidentally killing Tommen. And I think Tommen getting killed in cold blood by those he trusts kinda matches up with how Cersei's other kids have died.

No way
    I can see the High Septon as a secret republican. Definitely anti-aristocracy, and wanting to get rid of the nobility makes sense, sure. He's talked about the faith and the monarchy being twin pillars and so forth but that could easily be lies.

But overall he cares about his faith. That's what's important to him, and political power is a tool he uses for that purpose. Having the king in his pocket is a huge fucking coup for him, and if he can get the mother out of the way than he's gone a long way towards cementing the faith's place as the power behind the throne for Tommen's lifespan. If Tommen gets kicked out of power, than another king will be found. I don't know if they've discussed it in the show, but in the books the king would be determined by a Great Council of lords. There would be a successor to Tommen, and the faith would likely not find that successor anywhere near as pliable.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

He's done it a couple times already.

Just never on the Stark side of the equation.
    Littlefinger arrives, helps Sansa & Jon destroy the Boltons, then immediately turns his forces against the already weakened wildlings et al, wiping both fronts out in one battle.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Re: Littlefinger
    Sansa is breaking Rule Zero of Political Interactions With Littlefinger

Never, Ever Trust Littlefinger

• Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Smurph wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    Most Recent Ep Spoiler
    I wanted Tyrion, Grey Worm, and Missandei to continue getting drunk together for hours. Also really dug the "Most Famous Dwarf in the World" line. Tyrion hasn't had many moments this season, so I'm glad they gave him a little something to work with

Speculation about Jaime
    Having never read the books, I can't imagine Jaime killing Cersei under any circumstance, even if she is indirectly/directly responsible for Tommen's death. Over and over again it is shown to be the only thing he really cares about, and it's never really been sold to me that he cares that much about his kids. It always comes back to Cersei.

I think an interesting reversal of what is apparently in the books as a prophecy is if the Faith Militant have finally had enough of Cersei's shit and off her, or she gets herself killed trying to execute some plot against them. Jaime comes back to see this, flips his shit, and burns the city himself... kind of bringing his character full circle, and fully breaking him. Forever putting him beyond redemption. Bonus points if he has a chance to rescue Tommen and doesn't because of what he allowed happen to Cersei, reaffirming his Cersei uber Alles view, and making him double Kingslayer.

I would love that but unfortunately the show only seems to be capable of following the most obvious possible plot lines, so it won't happen.
    What will happen will be the boring obvious "Cersei burns the city, killing Tommen in the process" plot line. This is just like when everyone was spinning crazy theories about Arya and then Occam's Razor ruled the day.

Another thing that will 100% happen? Ramsay's army will be winning at Winterfell but then Littlefinger will show up in the nick of time and save the day. Some side characters might die, but otherwise it will be 100% this. Because it's obvious, everyone wants it, and writing anything else would be hard.

Overall this season has been way better than last, but "writing anything else would be hard." really lands after Sunday's episode.

!
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

I don't think she did.

Right now what we know is that a) she wrote a letter with unknown contents to an unknown recipient and b) a letter was delivered by Brienne from Sansa to Brynden asking for help from the Riverlands.

And I mean Littlefinger is totally going to get involved one way or another. Because duh. But we don't really know anything about what she's said to him, what she's going to say to him, what she's said to the other Valemen (this could be important), what she expects, and what she's preparing for.

She definitely doesn't trust him. If she gets screwed over by him (and there's certainly a good chance), it's because she knew she would get fucked but considered him the lesser of two evils.

• Options

I don't think she did.

Right now what we know is that a) she wrote a letter with unknown contents to an unknown recipient and b) a letter was delivered by Brienne from Sansa to Brynden asking for help from the Riverlands.

And I mean Littlefinger is totally going to get involved one way or another. Because duh. But we don't really know anything about what she's said to him, what she's going to say to him, what she's said to the other Valemen (this could be important), what she expects, and what she's preparing for.

She definitely doesn't trust him. If she gets screwed over by him (and there's certainly a good chance), it's because she knew she would get fucked but considered him the lesser of two evils.

The letters are different sized.
    The letter to Black fish was a full page affair, the letter we see Sansa write is raven sized.

ULTRA CSI SPOILERS:
    Somebody has freeze framed and all that and it seems super likely it's talking about the Vale army which means it is directed at Littlefinger.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It seemed super clear to me who she was implied to be sending the letter to.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    It seemed super clear to me who she was implied to be sending the letter to.
    Yea, though why she hides it from Jon is just weird. I don't know how Jon would know anything specific about Littlefinger and especially not the bits that would anger him.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    it is going to look like she trusts him then she is going to shove him out a window as soon as she is done using his army to take Winterfell.

This discussion has been closed.