As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's W[E3]d!

1979899100101103»

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I do agree that it would be much cooler to have Zelda as the main character of a game, rather than create a female avatar.

But as to the question of "What do we do with Link?": wasn't the plot of Wind Waker about Link literally not appearing when the world needed him?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I actually agree with aonuma that zelda shouldn't just be slotted into link's role

but he sure seems to quickly dismiss the extremely easily executed concept of link not being a boy

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I have a new thread at the ready

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Today Nintendo gave fans just a taste of how The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild takes the franchise to new heights. Nintendo’s booth at E3 immerses attendees in the world of the game. As E3 attendees investigate Hyrule, they can explore the game any way they want because the world is so vast and players are not required to take a pre-determined path. This sense of freedom and vastness will truly come alive in the final game when the experience isn't limited by the restrictions of a show floor demo.

During a Nintendo Treehouse: Live demo, Nintendo showed that heroic Link needs to be resourceful as he explores his environment. It’s important for players to become familiar with their surroundings so they can find weapons or collect them from defeated enemies. Food helps Link sustain his hearts and can give him a temporary boost or ability that will sustain him.

The game breaks with some conventions from the series. For example, many of the minor enemies are no longer scattered randomly around the world, as many now live together in colonies. Link can climb towers and massive structures to get a bearing on his surroundings. He can even reach the top of mountains – any mountain he can see, he can climb. He can paraglide to lower areas or even use his shield to slide down a mountain. Link will travel across fields, through forests and to mountain peaks.

The game’s wild world surrounds Link, and he must pay attention to changes in climate, as a shift in weather or temperature can affect the environment and his ability to survive in it. A sudden downpour might douse a roaring campfire or a lightning storm might be attracted to Link’s metallic weapons. Players might need to bundle up with warmer clothes or change into something better suited to the desert heat.

More than 100 Shrines of Trials dot the landscape, waiting for players to discover and explore them in any order they want. As players work their way through the traps and puzzles inside, they’ll earn special items and other rewards that will help them on their adventure. Puzzles in the game often have multiple answers, and secrets can be found everywhere. Exploration and discovery are a huge part of the fun.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is scheduled to launch simultaneously for both the Wii U console and Nintendo’s next system, code-named NX, in 2017.

Blargh this has me very worried

the bolded?

why?

or do you mean the ($5 says Q4) simultaneous launch

It sort of implies there aren't traditional dungeons

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    TO HELP THOSE WHO SEE KTO DEFEAT GANON

DEFEAT

GANON

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    GANON

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I do agree that it would be much cooler to have Zelda as the main character of a game, rather than create a female avatar.

But as to the question of "What do we do with Link?": wasn't the plot of Wind Waker about Link literally not appearing when the world needed him?

That was the backstory but not actually the plot

the plot was ganondorf is back and he has a sweet robe

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    They have apparently said on stream the Shrines are in addition to traditional dungeons

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I am very interested to read through a writeup of all this flavor text

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    every time someone at nintendo opens their mouth about these sorts of thing it makes me not want to buy any nintendo games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Oh my god they just entered a Shrine and it said some shit about Oman Au and the Goddess Hylia

Somewhere Wyborn is vibrating so hard his body has become one with the speed force

are you fucking kidding me

no seriously did this motherfucker make himself a literal deity in zelda canon now

• Options
    Oh my god they just entered a Shrine and it said some shit about Oman Au and the Goddess Hylia

Somewhere Wyborn is vibrating so hard his body has become one with the speed force

no seriously did this motherfucker make himself a literal deity in zelda canon now

well, the Treehouse did

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    looking forward to your series of overproduced lore videos, wyborn

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Today Nintendo gave fans just a taste of how The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild takes the franchise to new heights. Nintendo’s booth at E3 immerses attendees in the world of the game. As E3 attendees investigate Hyrule, they can explore the game any way they want because the world is so vast and players are not required to take a pre-determined path. This sense of freedom and vastness will truly come alive in the final game when the experience isn't limited by the restrictions of a show floor demo.

During a Nintendo Treehouse: Live demo, Nintendo showed that heroic Link needs to be resourceful as he explores his environment. It’s important for players to become familiar with their surroundings so they can find weapons or collect them from defeated enemies. Food helps Link sustain his hearts and can give him a temporary boost or ability that will sustain him.

The game breaks with some conventions from the series. For example, many of the minor enemies are no longer scattered randomly around the world, as many now live together in colonies. Link can climb towers and massive structures to get a bearing on his surroundings. He can even reach the top of mountains – any mountain he can see, he can climb. He can paraglide to lower areas or even use his shield to slide down a mountain. Link will travel across fields, through forests and to mountain peaks.

The game’s wild world surrounds Link, and he must pay attention to changes in climate, as a shift in weather or temperature can affect the environment and his ability to survive in it. A sudden downpour might douse a roaring campfire or a lightning storm might be attracted to Link’s metallic weapons. Players might need to bundle up with warmer clothes or change into something better suited to the desert heat.

More than 100 Shrines of Trials dot the landscape, waiting for players to discover and explore them in any order they want. As players work their way through the traps and puzzles inside, they’ll earn special items and other rewards that will help them on their adventure. Puzzles in the game often have multiple answers, and secrets can be found everywhere. Exploration and discovery are a huge part of the fun.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is scheduled to launch simultaneously for both the Wii U console and Nintendo’s next system, code-named NX, in 2017.

Blargh this has me very worried

the bolded?

why?

or do you mean the ($5 says Q4) simultaneous launch

It sort of implies there aren't traditional dungeons

They just showed one. It was like a tiny traditional dungeon.

And there are also traditional dungeons on top of that.

There is no reason to be worried about this aspect.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

i mean why not have a patriarchy pantheon enforcing the cruel laws of the universe

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

...oh shit I just got it

Nice

It looks like it refers to the monk you find at the end of that one shrine, so I imagine the other 99 have different names

I wonder if they're all different anagrams for developers

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    i have a crush on this girl playing Zelda

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Just a monk.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Shit, I would totally subscribe to a Wyborn and SilverWind Explain/Debate Zelda channel.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.