As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[E3] is locked down for another year!

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
edited June 2016 in Social Entropy++

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    On the subject of developers self-inserting themselves into games: http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Eraqus

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    [incoherent screaming]

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    [incoherent screaming]

Ah I see you've started on the Channel then.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Finally, the year of the BoW can truly begin.

ZD98Zka.png
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    zelda is definitely not best of show

yet

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    kay wait can you jump at will in this game oh fuck you can

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    every time someone at nintendo opens their mouth about these sorts of thing it makes me not want to buy any nintendo games

I mean, not to be a total downer but if you really don't want to support institutionalized sexism you probably shouldn't buy any nintendo games :(

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    The audio gauge is how much noise you are making, for stealth

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Christ did Nintendo really make this? When am I going to wake up?

I just can't believe that of all companies, Nintendo managed to drop the biggest surprise of E3 and it's somehow Zelda.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    every time someone at nintendo opens their mouth about these sorts of thing it makes me not want to buy any nintendo games

I mean, not to be a total downer but if you really don't want to support institutionalized sexism you probably shouldn't buy any nintendo games :(

you're off your joy?!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

it's totally a decision i think heavily about!

thankfully the wii u's output has made it easy to not have to think about for some time

liEt3nH.png

Really probably shouldn't support much of the games industry at all. Or patronize most companies. Or...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

-Tal wrote: »

you're off your joy?!

Joy... joy never changes.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Might as well have said.

"For all of our male players, please understand.

For all of our female players, perhaps find a man that has the time to explain it to you."

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

I mean, not to be a total downer but if you really don't want to support institutionalized sexism you probably shouldn't buy almost anything :(

seems like each of these shrines are associated with a different minor diety

PNk1Ml4.png
    I think that naming one of the game's 100+ monks after Aonuma is kind of cute?

I still wish that you could make Link a girl but like I said, I didn't expect it for this game! I expect it for the next one, though

dN0T6ur.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Can I get admittance to E3 to play Zelda if I drive all the way there right now from Chicago and ask really nicely

6F32U1X.png

Really probably shouldn't support much of the games industry at all. Or patronize most companies. Or...

I mean, you're not wrong.

Knight_ wrote: »
    Christ did Nintendo really make this? When am I going to wake up?

I just can't believe that of all companies, Nintendo managed to drop the biggest surprise of E3 and it's somehow Zelda.

Why would that be surprising? Nintendo has made some of the best games of all time.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

-Tal wrote: »
    seems like each of these shrines are associated with a different minor diety

MOnks, rather than deities, but I guess you could argue they'd be of a higher karmic level than most non-deities

dN0T6ur.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Fishing that piece of architecture out of that pond has me wondering if there's going to be implied lore based around the positioning of hidden stuff like that.

I do not know if they can tear me away from the Zelda stream but it's a good effort

6F32U1X.png
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Link has to be a boy, it's an inherent part of his character, like being left handed and wearing a green tunic.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    2j5z8g4.jpg

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea, it is sort of shocking that they didn't just let you select male/female. Link is maybe the easiest character to do that with in all of video games because he's such a blank slate.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I can finally detonate bombs when I want to? Well. Took them long enough.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

perhaps what's frustrating for me is that non-obvious sexism still gets very little complaints or criticisms in our media, even if on this forum we happen to be keyed into it

like the iconic sort of example to me of this was when Dragon's Crown was getting a bunch of attention and coverage and criticism, while at the same time GTAV was being looked at and praised and lauded. dragon's crown had obvious explicit depictions of women for people to get outraged over, while gtav's deplorable nihilistic harpies got a complete pass. because they were wearing clothes.

so what makes me grumpy and withered is i know that while on this forum we'll talk about this, and we'll sigh, in reality there will be Literally Zero Pressure on nintendo for this, and they will have no impetus to improve or change

liEt3nH.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm super excited about new Zelda

however, I hate the Wii U and I certainly haven't been sold on the NX (like it's obviously a console and .... ????)

agoaj wrote: »
    Link has to be a boy, it's an inherent part of his character, like being left handed and wearing a green tunic.

yeah link is supposed to be a character that anybody can insert themselves into, which is why we have one gender

PNk1Ml4.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So I haven't been watching this because I was at work but I heard equipment has durability now and I'm wondering why Nintendo hates Zelda

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So I haven't been watching this because I was at work but I heard equipment has durability now and I'm wondering why Nintendo hates Zelda

you should watch the stream because they very clearly do not

Ck7n2b5UoAA7Fiu.jpg

6F32U1X.png
    the durability here seems good because you're constantly being provided with new items, so it just means you need to be regularly switching out

once you get the master sword that will probably never break

PNk1Ml4.png
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    this looks way better than Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess

I still have concerns though

if they are doing survival type stuff tuning the difficulty is really important and I don't think nintendo is interested in that

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I think it's neat that all the shrine monks are named after what I assume to be different developers

That's a cute way to put some importance on the people who made the game you're playing, without feeling particularly self-congratulatory. It takes a village, and all that

ALSO: "Shrines and dungeons are not one and the same." "They're completely different."

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    "Shrines are supplementary to dungeons"

See there you go

dN0T6ur.png
    Maddoc wrote: »

If you could see this game you would know that Nintendo absolutely loves the fuck out of Zelda. This game is a work of art.

Even the loading screens look cool

6F32U1X.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    So it seems that Ganon is the villain and the presence of koroks make me think that Breath of the Wild is after Wind Waker. Are we going to get a return of WW Ganondorf?