As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 4.0] Lucio, drop the beat!!

1939495969799»

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    I felt like the Widowmaker nerf was well done, because it rewards headshots and not just spamming bodyshots.

Ive definitely noticed the difference.

My buddy and I had a game today with three Widowmakers on the enemy team. We laughed and laughed as we casually strolled the payload to it's home.

Afterwards the Widowmakers incessantly bitched about Blizzard ruining the class.

Their anguish fuels me.

I was never one to spam bodyshots unless I was trying to get an opposing sniper to move so I could get a better headshot on them.

Bodyshots should be for finishing off an injured and fleeing opponent, and also for deterrence so you can funnel the opposing team into your teams heavy hitters.

I never cared so much as Widow if I ever got a gold medal or POTG, I always wanted to feel like I was cutting off entire lanes of the map so the rest of my team could do their thing. Though getting a shot off mid-ult on Pharah, McCree, and Reaper never gets old...

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    I wonder at the usefulness of training in the "Training Mode"

The hitboxes for headshots on those bots are a mile wide and they don't move at all like players.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I love how deep the control options are in this game.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I felt like the Widowmaker nerf was well done, because it rewards headshots and not just spamming bodyshots.

My buddy and I had a game today with three Widowmakers on the enemy team. We laughed and laughed as we casually strolled the payload to it's home.

Afterwards the Widowmakers incessantly bitched about Blizzard ruining the class.

Their anguish fuels me.

This is exactly why I don't like the widowmaker nerf. PUGs will still continue to pick her, but now they'll be even less useful than before.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »

Their anguish fuels me.

This is exactly why I don't like the widowmaker nerf. PUGs will still continue to pick her, but now they'll be even less useful than before.

So more of the same.

• Options
    darklite_x wrote: »

Their anguish fuels me.

The shiny butt charms the pubbies.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    It's a good step towards lowering the bullshit factor. OHK body shots are a big problem I'm glad they're addressing without really hurting her ability to finish off damaged opponents.

The enormous hitboxes for head shots will keep her viable forever.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    When I see someone pick a Widowmaker in the first hot second without regard to map, objective, or whether we're on attack or defense I just say to myself, "So, it's going to be one of those games" and temper my expectations.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    When I see someone pick a Widowmaker in the first hot second without regard to map, objective, or whether we're on attack or defense I just say to myself, "So, it's going to be one of those games" and temper my expectations.

Well, Widow is viable on pretty much every map and mode...

I mean, 99% of the people who play her arent viable, but she is

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    I wonder at the usefulness of training in the "Training Mode"

The hitboxes for headshots on those bots are a mile wide and they don't move at all like players.

Use a custom game, fill it with bots. That video posted recommended turning on Skirmish and Headshots only then using a slow firing hero like McCree. I tried it, it was a nice way to practice.

• Options
    Two players who I absolutely cannot fucking headshot for some reason are Reinhardt and Zarya.

Roadhog though...

That guy's got a head like a roadside billboard.

• Options
    Also I find it interesting that the character that requires some of the best aim (Widowmaker) is so easily countered by the character that requires the least aim (Winston).

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

I would disagree.

She is great for wide open spaces with long LOS, but close quarters is not her forte.

Nepal is terrible for her.

Hanamura attack is no good. Though great for defense on the second point. Not awful for the first point, but there are probably better choices.

Route 66 is good for defense, at least until the final stretch. Not awful for attack, but again until the final point.

Volskaya defense on final point she is great for. Not bad for the first point. Terrible choice for attack.

Honestly, I find her fairly lackluster for attack on most payload maps. Good for defense though. Even then, when things get down to the wire and attackers are nearing victory there shouldn't be a Widowmaker in play. On either side.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I think Widow's design is very binary. When she is doing well, it is super impactful and feels gamechanging. When she is missing shots or can't position well she is a free ult charge.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    reap reap reap reap reap

• Options
    edited June 2016

I would disagree.

She is great for wide open spaces with long LOS, but close quarters is not her forte.

Hanamura attack is no good. Though great for defense on the second point. Not awful for the first point, but there are probably better choices.

Route 66 is good for defense, at least until the final stretch. Not awful for attack, but again until the final point.

Volskaya defense on final point she is great for. Not bad for the first point. Terrible choice for attack.

Honestly, I find her fairly lackluster for attack on most payload maps. Good for defense though. Even then, when things get down to the wire and attackers are nearing victory there shouldn't be a Widowmaker in play. On either side.

She's great on Hanamura attack on the 2nd point because she can really, really dissuade squishier heroes from being in the objective area. Also, snipe the shit out of TB's setting up turrets on the back ledge.

She's great on the first point of RT 66 for attack when people like to set up TB's and Bastions on the cliffside and the little bridge thing.

Yeah, Volskaya she's worthless past the first point on attack.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    There are people who can make her work on any map, in either direction though, and it's really an incredible thing to behold.

The law of shaco dictates that these people are always on the other team, however

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

I would disagree.

She's great on Hanamura attack on the 2nd point because she can really, really dissuade squishier heroes from being in the objective area. Also, snipe the shit out of TB's setting up turrets on the back ledge.

She's great on the first point of RT 66 for attack when people like to set up TB's and Bastions on the cliffside and the little bridge thing.

Yeah, Volskaya she's worthless past the first point on attack.

You just need to bring a friend.

exis on
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

Widow is a strong pick on any map, regardless of gametype. Her left click SMG remains as strong as 76's with better mobility and if she can land one headshot and follow it with a bodyshot, she can kill any hero in the game. She's McCree if McCree still had his beta pistol. The built in claymore and wallhack is just icing. I mean, don't get me wrong, Widow has counters and post nerf Widow is definitely better than pre-nerf. I'm simply saying that discounting Widow because "some pub" picked her is ignoring the very many strengths she offers the team.

I just had the best Hanzo game of my career so far simply because Widow pressed Q often enough that I could accurately lead my targets. She is ridiculous.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    xh1joab.jpg

Geth, close the thread

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bobkins Flymo. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.