As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prepare for [Titanfall 2]

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nah your titan goes out in a blaze of glory and your pilot coldly calls down another. "Without emotional baggage this time."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I reinstalled 1 and played a match last night, kept getting killed because I forgot to change the FOV and couldn't see dudes slightly to the side.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    This time hack knife literally can hack the planet.

Oh man, I forgot about the hacking knife. Titanfall is A-OK.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Non-Copywrite-Infringing-Suuuuuper-heeeerooooooooooooo

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I want robot game.

Oh wait I have first robot game.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Leadwall is a REALLY GOOD name for a giant robot shotgun

CYpGAPn.png
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Will the other robots be able to use the Leadwall and/or phase dash

some concern about customization of abilities is creeping in

VRXwDW7.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Not my style of Titan but sounds like it will be really fun to fight against.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The lightweight Titan was my favourite in the original, you have my attention with similar archetypes.

God, what kind of craziness are they going to do with the tanks this time around?

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The tank was always my favorite titan

Can't wait to see the giant guns I'll get to blast apart the tiny ones with

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    The Stryder was the best Titan, dashing all over the place all the time juking punches like a pro

People trying to nuke their Titan and I'm already across a quarter of the map, popping smoke when I hear the thud of them on my roof

VRXwDW7.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Might actually buy this now that there's a single player mode.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hey thread that was made way too early

You can play this game the next 2 weekends (on consoles)

6F32U1X.png
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Well I guess I know how I'll be spending my weekend

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Hm, I want to try the game out to see how it is but I really don't want to play it with a controller.

Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Hm, I want to try the game out to see how it is but I really don't want to play it with a controller.

Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I really don't want to play multiplayer shooters on kbam anymore so I'm really excited for this weekend.

Infact ban all multiplayer shooters from pc. They are more fun on a more even playing field.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This game specifically I think is much better with controller

With the pilots in particular there is SO MUCH going on and I feel like with a keyboard I am inches away from losing my grip on earth's gravity

6F32U1X.png
    Yeah the traversal in titanfall is much better with a stick.

But also aiming with a mouse allows for more precision and speed. If you are precise and fast. Which I am not. So people with better skill in those areas dominate to a degree that makes the game less than a good time.

Mr. G wrote: »
    This game specifically I think is much better with controller

With the pilots in particular there is SO MUCH going on and I feel like with a keyboard I am inches away from losing my grip on earth's gravity

I personally can't agree at all. In a game that is so much about rapid movement, rapid direction changes, and precision aiming while moving quickly, the idea of trying to play this game with a controller sounds maddening to me.

We must just have deeply different core preferences or something, because there is so much going on is precisely why I want a keyboard and a mouse and not a gamepad. Gamepads are fine for me for slow games, but Titanfall is anything but.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I remember early on with the first game, there was a video going around of some console dude getting a bunch of kills with the shotgun without touching the ground. That kind of movement always seemed pretty normal on PC.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Hey thread that was made way too early

You can play this game the next 2 weekends (on consoles)

Hey!

In my defense I was trying to capitalize on the news to get some Titanfall 1 games going, didn't really work as even I didn't stick with that for long.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Anyways, in actual news Giant Bomb is about to stream themselves trying to get into that multiplayer test right now:

https://youtu.be/Jak36Kz733s

wait, I thought the test started on the 19th?

edited August 2016
    As far as I can tell the head of Respawn is throwing out codes on Twitter if you send him pics of you being gen10 or having the CE or other merch. Dunno if there's another source of codes yet.

Edit: looks like they've been dropping them over all their social media accounts:

Lasbrook on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Watching the Giant Bomb stream and oh god my body is ready.

That sound design, yo. That sound design.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yo who's ready for some sweet Buffalo Wild Wings skins for your Titan

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    The only thing that I ever have a problem with KBAM is melee. Now that I have a "gaming" mouse, I feel like this has changed a great deal.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Fuckin' boneless, obviously

I mean what are we even doing as a society

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Olivaw wrote: »

Nuggets then.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular

Boneless wings are chicken nuggets

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Download is up for all on the playstation store website now

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    man a lot of these streams of the game are played by people who don't know how Titanfall works

they are spending more time on the ground than on a wall

VRXwDW7.png
    Veretas wrote: »

Boneless wings are chicken nuggets

So what you are saying is that Boneless wings are delicious chunks of meat.

Sounds good to me.

The tech test is live. Should I make a network for us se folks?

This is downloaded to my PS4, now how do I get out of work for the next 3 days?

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wow Buffalo Wild Wings is a real thing? I always assumed when We Hate Movies mentioned them they were just being parodical

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    People keep leaving matches when they start losing so that's fun.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Gotta keep that sweet win/loss ratio going.

For the beta...

Time to give this a whirl