As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need help with trying to buy a Ellie 2014 Pin

bulmung4bulmung4 Registered User regular
edited May 2016 in Pinny Arcade
My girlfriends brother had his Ellie 2014 pin stolen from him, I am trying to help out and find one. Let me know if you know if have one for sale or someone who does.

Update: It was stolen out of his mailbox, he got it as a present for someone and feels horrible, I'm trying my best to help him out, any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bulmung4

bulmung4 on

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Yeah, it is extremely low, that's why I am trying me best to find one, he was devastated to have his stolen.

• Options
    RenfamousRenfamous Weeb, Unexceptional Cosplayer Houston, TexasRegistered User regular
    Hi @bulmung4! Ellie is unfortunately a pretty rare pin--I watch e-bay fairly religiously and she doesn't show up there but once in a blue moon. Pin Trader also has Ellie listed as out of stock, so it looks like your only recourse will be to try to find someone in the community willing to trade with you.

Pinnypals.com shows 33 individuals will Ellie up for trade, including the excellent @TheAggroCraig and @NowHiringHenchmen who are both upstanding young traders. It's no guarantee, but if you might try reaching out to them (or one of the 31 others willing to trade Ellie) and try to make a deal.

Good luck!

• Options
    Thank you, I messaged both of them, yeah I dont have much to trade unfortunately, I know a lot about pins but never really collected them myself, always debated about starting a collection. Again thank you for the help, I hope I can find one.

• Options
    The only pins I have are Kappa and Doom revenant pins. Anyone know what I can do, I need to get this pin for him, while I would prefer buying it.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Is Kappa actually rare? Being a twitch pin I thought it might be?

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think it's relatively rare, but I'm not sure it's very desirable except by Twitch fans and hardcore Pinny collectors. The Helix on the other hand has a wider audience since it's got Twitch, Pokemon, and the video/concept was viral. I don't know, man.

• Options
    AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Honestly, any pin with semi-limited runs and a larger cross audience is going to be decently rare. This is why Blizzard pins became so rare. They have their own pin collector community. Twitch just started theirs with TwitchCon pin sets, so they are just starting to get syphoned away to them.

• Options
    EcohoEcoho Registered User regular
    i can probably find one at pax west are you coming?