As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Robert Khoo resigns from Penny Arcade

123457»

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Shorty wrote: »
    and said "I have to go"

"My planet needs me."

:(

EDIT:

@Mot Buchanan made him a FF balloon hat at PAX a few years ago. Anyway I made this gif of it:

UVKplWt.gif

I asked him if he had seen it. I'm sure he said he liked it. >_>

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Khoo used to show up to Seattle forumer meets. Also one time he came on here and asked for brownies and by goodness, he got fresh brownies delivered (it wasn't me)

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    wasn't that Jordyn who rocked that out?

or am I misremembering ancient forum history?

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Nah it was her!

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I was visiting my brother near San Francisco. Khoo was in San Francisco. There was a meetup scheduled at a hot dog place. I figured out the train system and headed over. Excited for the trip, I uploaded pictures to facebook calling it the "San Francisco Sausage Excursion". I got to the place early and waited for people to arrive. I sat there for about an hour or two, asking random people if they were here for the meet up. I gave up, went to a nearby bakery and bought a pie to bring home to my brother and his wife.
    2mDq3ex.jpg
    Later I found out I was at the right name, wrong location. And my brother's wife wondered why I asked directions for and spent all night in the gay district. They didn't eat any of the pie.

Also, one time at PAX East, I saw Khoo without a suit on. Super rare sight for me! So I asked for a picture~
    8M9g2vo.png

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's two Rosamunde's, neither are in the Castro though...

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    They don't live in San Francisco so there's a multitude of reasons why she would say that to me. Maybe she was messing with me who knows?

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/17040225#Comment_17040225

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Khoo met my mom at comic-con 07 I think. They talked about how she thought Penny-arcade and my membership in the community influenced me, since I had been posting since I was 13. It was pretty cool to see how much he cared about the impact the community was having.

Also there was that one time he got me and @fightinfilipino in to the VIP seating area for Acquisitions Inc at pax 09? We showed up about an hour before the panel started and a kilted enforcer told us we were too late and made some flippant remarks before laughing at us when we asked him if there was any way for us to squeeze in. Then Fightinfilipino was like, "Maybe I should call Khoo?" and I was like, "Do you think he'd hook it up? That seems like a big ask" and the enforcer laughed at us and was like "HAHAHA these guys say they know Khoo!"

So we called, and Khoo didn't pick up cause Khoo is busy. Then like the divine force that only Khoo seems to posses, he walked past us as we were headed out the building, super bummed out and as soon as he saw us said, "You two, follow me". We got back to our enforcer pal who tried to kind of cut us off and Khoo just sharply said "They're with me".

If i could bottle the look of shock and disdain on this enforcers face and sell it, we would probably have a new type of table salt.

Then he tossed us in line with @Whippy and we hung out and played some magic with the cruddy premade decks and enjoyed the show.

Thanks again @Robert Khoo You're pretty much the closest I've ever come to meeting a real life super hero, but in an oddly "Just better than most other humans on the planet" kind of way.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Also what does this mean for when it comes to owning the right to the Official Penny-Arcade league of legends team? Do i still get to keep those?

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Also there was that one time he got me and @fightinfilipino in to the VIP seating area for Acquisitions Inc at pax 09? We showed up about an hour before the panel started and a kilted enforcer told us we were too late and made some flippant remarks before laughing at us when we asked him if there was any way for us to squeeze in. Then Fightinfilipino was like, "Maybe I should call Khoo?" and I was like, "Do you think he'd hook it up? That seems like a big ask" and the enforcer laughed at us and was like "HAHAHA these guys say they know Khoo!"

So we called, and Khoo didn't pick up cause Khoo is busy. Then like the divine force that only Khoo seems to posses, he walked past us as we were headed out the building, super bummed out and as soon as he saw us said, "You two, follow me". We got back to our enforcer pal who tried to kind of cut us off and Khoo just sharply said "They're with me".

If i could bottle the look of shock and disdain on this enforcers face and sell it, we would probably have a new type of table salt.

Then he tossed us in line with @Whippy and we hung out and played some magic with the cruddy premade decks and enjoyed the show.

remember: don't tell anyone how we had to recompense Khoo later. i'm preeeeetty sure the statute of limitations is almost up.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    My clearest memory of Khoo is him showing up for a Pax-Prime forum photo and doing his work assembling it & such before just being taken back by what I was wearing.

I had a blue crop-top, blue women's business pants and my mid-drift was out & about.

And he just looked me over and exclaimed, "Jesus Christ..."

That is my Robert Khoo story.

Gonna miss you Senpai.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg

remember: don't tell anyone how we had to recompense Khoo later. i'm preeeeetty sure the statute of limitations is almost up.

I don't actually remember this, be it divine intervention or Bathroom Arnold Palmers mixed by our boy @swill

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    My clearest memory of Khoo is him showing up for a Pax-Prime forum photo and doing his work assembling it & such before just being taken back by what I was wearing.

I had a blue crop-top, blue women's business pants and my mid-drift was out & about.

Gonna miss you Senpai.

The thing is, I feel like if someone knows anything about who you are, and they know anything about who Khoo is, and they were told that there was a story wherein the two of you meet, they could probably fill in the blanks and deduce this entire story just from those bread crumbs.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Gonna miss you Senpai.

Umm, pics?!

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Robert.

Was a Khoo guy.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Still is, far as I know.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Maybe now we can finally get Khoo to come to FloPAX for real!

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @JoeUser

Will Khoo be getting a Lucky Lemur or a Red Panda? I mean, he doesn't have a job yet that we know of, but he kinda lived the dream, yeah?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I never spoke to Khoo during the PAX East pics I've been in, but I remember he suggested we all get pulled pork sandwiches for the first one I was at.

So on top of everything else, I have him to thank for an awesome lunch decision.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I met Khoo in LA. There was bruncheon in a little indie, sort of rockabillie diner. I believe I had the huevos rancheros. They were tremendous.

When I arrived at the address, along with upwards of a dozen forumers, we discovered that Robert had obtained an old, somewhat weather-worn plastic garden gnome (it looked rather like a cheap Christmas decoration to me). Robert introduced the gnome/elf/sort-of-green-condom-looking... ornament... as " Harold". Harold sat, as I recall, on the long cushioned bench as an equal member of the attendees of this impromptu, downtown Los Angeles bruncheon, though he occassionally sat up on the table, close at Robert's left hand. Not much more was said about Harold, other than Robert would be taking Harold away from all this and returning with him to the parts north from which he hailed.

I can only assume they live together, happily wed by common law if naught else, to this very day.

Thank you for a very delicious bruncheon, Robert, and take good care of Harold.

sarukun on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    JoeUser

Will Khoo be getting a Lucky Lemur or a Red Panda? I mean, he doesn't have a job yet that we know of, but he kinda lived the dream, yeah?

@Robert Khoo

Good luck! :)

evROGR.jpg

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    From that guys Goatee, I think he is going to the Mirror Mirror Universe to Preside over the Evil version of Penny Arcade.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    From that guys Goatee, I think he is going to the Mirror Mirror Universe to Preside over the Evil version of Penny Arcade.

Peso Arcade?

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    I wonder what Mr Khoo is moving on to now? There's plenty of companies out there that need a shot in the arm! Hewlett Packard? Target? Fiat Chrysler? Comcast? Microsoft?

think bigger

yXxzQXt.jpg

It might be too late to get on the ballot for that one, but I think there is a new opening at this one.

800px-10_Downing_Street._MOD_45155532.jpg

And it sounds like they might need his help more than we do right now.

steam_sig.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Well, its an end of an era.

Someone break out the Khool-aid, lets Jonestown this bitch.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Khoo positions self to engineer the revival of the U.K. economy?

First step: Limited edition pins for all EU member countries!